Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

Ricardo Pereira ACL

7 hours ago, LinekersLugs said:

Mate greats are greats 

never called them game greats 

world class players are players in the here and now at this time of their prime that would have a genuine chance of paying at any club or team in world 

those three come into that bracket 

Don't see Marhez being in that mould to be honest, he's not even a regular for Man City though did play more this season possibly. Wouldn't be a regular at Liverpool, Madrid, Barcelona either. Good player yes but not world class in a million years. Ricardo is still up and coming in fairness but would he currently be a regular in those teams? He not even the regular choice for his national side. Kante does stand out though in fairness and could currently do a job anywhere imo. 

• 2 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, Sampson said:

Yeah if he's done his cruciate ligaments he's not going to be back for the remainder of this season.

It will be October at the earliest, but Christmas is probably more realistic.

I don’t think it was a bad one - with a decent recovery he could be playing in October and if we qualify, a delayed restart of the CL could be a target for him ! 

Edited by st albans fox

To look on the brightside, injury free and in normal circumstances, its possible that we may have lost him in the summer for a big transfer. 

Justin looked promising when he was given a chance so he'll be keeping the position warm ready for Ricardo's return. Hopefully they'll be no need to rush him back (unlike Wilf). 

• 3 weeks later...
41 minutes ago, dynamark said:

I think I'm correct in that he didn't come off injured in the game he got his injury which is weird so surely couldn't have been a really serious damage .Still bad enough though.

It was a rupture rather than a tear I think i read, so isn't a severe as it could've been. 

2 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

It was a rupture rather than a tear I think i read, so isn't a severe as it could've been. 

ACL tears can be complete or incomplete. Ruptures usually refer to a complete tear which is worse.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dynamark said:

I always imagine these type of injury to be like taking the plastic ring off a pack of beer and stretching it doesn't break but it seperates horrible

Good analogy! I had a similar injury (separated collar bone from shoulder blade) and it felt a lot like that! 5 complete ligaments tears at once isn’t a feeling I’d hope to endure again. 

25 minutes ago, Jimmy Lad said:

Injury worse than first feared. October return at earliest.

Whether this is true or not, any cruciate knee ligament injury is never predictable re recovery.  Too much assumption on here that because Ricky is so athletic he would be back quickly .....

• Like 1