Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

Ricardo Pereira ACL

21 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

Not really a surprise, I wasn't expecting any earlier. 

me neither. Not sure where this "worse than originally feared" bit comes from. He was always going to be out for the rest of this season and most likely the start of next so its just a bit of media sensationalism really and not telling us anything we dint already know.  There was maybe an outside chance that he might have been ready for the start of next season, but that was all it ever was. Anyone who thought we might be back before then was either sadly misinformed or wildly optimistic

30 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

He is such an awesome person. We are lucky to have players like Ndidi, Tielemans and Ricardo at the club; talented players who are humble and kind.

we've got a great bunch of lads but that's part of the culture from the top no pun intended

• Haha 1

• 3 months later...

Ricardo back on the grass?
"He’s still a bit of time away. It’s great for him to be out on the grass these past few days. He’s still a period of four to five weeks away, but we’ll see how that recovery goes."

Team selection will be a headache when RP is back. In some respects id play RP at right back, JJ at left back and Castagne at right wing. It would balance the speed and overlapping play down the wings on the right side together with the left side JJ/HB.

3 hours ago, UHDrive said:

Team selection will be a headache when RP is back. In some respects id play RP at right back, JJ at left back and Castagne at right wing. It would balance the speed and overlapping play down the wings on the right side together with the left side JJ/HB.

Are you leaving out Under, then?

1 hour ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

It seems an easy decision to leave Justin out when Ricardo is back. He's not an awful player but obviously not in the same class as Ricardo or Castagne.

Justin hasnt their age or experience....Lets see how he developes,because isnt that the idea,you Take a Pinch of Experience and Mix it along with the young

investments...

I reckon Justin will turn into a more than decent addition...

• Like 1

17 hours ago, UHDrive said:

Not remotely difficult.  Castagne to the left, Jones to the bench and the FA Cup.

• Haha 1

I think Pereira will be effective at LB, he drifts inwards a lot anyway. But Castagne obviously has more experience playing there. It's not something I'd worry about at all, I think Castagne and Pereira on the flanks in any arrangement is a seriously good thing for us.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Raw Dykes said:

Are you leaving out Under, then?

That was a brain error by myself. Thinking of it though it maybe wouldn't be one of the worst arrangements depending on systems BR may want to resort to as matches progress.

• 3 weeks later...
On 26/09/2020 at 10:14, Bryn said:

I think Pereira will be effective at LB, he drifts inwards a lot anyway. But Castagne obviously has more experience playing there. It's not something I'd worry about at all, I think Castagne and Pereira on the flanks in any arrangement is a seriously good thing for us.

Pereira used to play LB sometimes for nice apparently

On 25/09/2020 at 15:36, UHDrive said:

...how does that work with Ünder in the squad!!!

I am sure Ünder was not brought in to be an impact player, if so it would be a waste. We have waited years for a left footed Right Winger and you are advocating we ignore him in order to incorporate JJ in the team.

• Like 1