Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

Ricardo Pereira ACL

Love Ricky P. One of our best players who wouldn't look out of place in Madrid, Paris, Turin ect. A warrior too, I don't remember there being any indication of him being injured during the match, just got on with it.

Let's hope for a successful recovery with him back to his best playing Champions League footy come October.

2 hours ago, ARTY_FOX said:

Surley out games got to be called off? 

Cancel the season. Just abandon it this year, you are where you finish. Dunno how they'll do relegation/promotions but just call it now. 

It maybe cancelled.

And stop calling me Surley!

That's the worst club news update we've had for a while. Ricardo out with a serious injury, Maddison out, three potential coronavirus cases and the Watford game at risk of not going ahead. A real shame after the positivity of Monday night. For our sake and his, I hope Ricardo's injury recovers well and he's back better than ever before long.

• Like 2

Big overreaction though. We're not "****ed" and niether is the season over. Ricardo is bloody brilliant but Justin comes in at right back. Perez or Youri play attacking midfield if Brendan wants to carry on playing one behind (I'd like to see Perez off the striker anyway). It's not as if Maddison has been scoring and assisting week in week out.

Edited by Fox92

4 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Big overreaction though. We're not "****ed" and niether is the season over. Ricardo is bloody brilliant but Justin comes in at right back. Perez or Youri play attacking midfield if Brendan wants to carry on playing one behind (I'd like to see Perez off the striker anyway). It's not as if Maddison has been scoring and assisting week in week out.

madders hasn't started two games - Newcastle (H) and west ham (A) 

I know this is shit but it may be a small blessing in disguise as JJ will definitely get some much needed Premier League minutes . If he had been bought to replace Ricardo long term then getting a few games will do him good . I’d obviously have preferred Ricardo not to have been injured but just trying to look for some kind of positive 

Gutted is an understatement but this is probably the perfect time you could ask for a long term injury, particularly given coronavirus, the fact we've only got 9 games left, and our position in the table. Never mind Justin's quality and Chilwell back to fitness. We have gone a long time without a significant injury of any more than a month, so by averages it was coming.

It does mean he probably won't be back in full training until July/August at best, and it pretty much writes off a transfer too hopefully. If we get him the equivalent of a pre-season I'd hope he could come back around Sep/Oct so he'd probably only miss one CL game in that time and half a dozen league games.

One of my favourite players we've had maybe ever, seems like a top bloke so it's really awful news all the same. But just like when Vardy got banned against West Ham, let's use it as momentum to go up another gear and finish the job.

• Like 1

Massive blow this.

Makes that win against Villa huge.
Wouldn’t have fancied us much to hold onto a 5-6 point lead in 9 games without RP.
8 points we might just be able to manage.

4 minutes ago, shanetko said:

Massive blow this.

Makes that win against Villa huge.
Wouldn’t have fancied us much to hold onto a 5-6 point lead in 9 games without RP.
8 points we might just be able to manage.

The truth is no one can fill in for Ricardo, so it is a different mentality. Hard to replace any world class player, I’m sceptical whether james could move across and fill that fold for even a couple of games. Different tactics are needed for sure in my view 

Edited by foxes_rule1978

I think we’ll go 3 at the back for the rest of the season, Chilwell and Albrighton/James out wide. Such a shame for Ricardo, massive player for us, do hope he comes back stronger once he’s recovered. Get well soon!