Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

Ricardo Pereira ACL

7 hours ago, honeybradger said:

He's expected to return to playing football in november but usually with athletes after an acl they wont be at the level they were pre injury. Wouldnt be surprised if he plays with u23s for a month to get back up to speed.

...I thought there was a report of a set back, I believe Rodgers said so himself, as originally it was stated that he would be back in October!!!

He was seen on the training ground but obviously he is nowhere near ready at this moment and January at best is more likely.

4 hours ago, Abrasive fox said:

Hes travelled to Athens.

Clearly fed up being away from the boys ........

funny thing is that we will have empty spaces on the bench because we don’t have enough fit players from the named 25 and would it surprise you if Ricky was named on that bench just to help him mentally with his comeback ........obviously no way can he be involved in the game 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

If he does end up on the bench as per my musings then brendan surely isn’t going to make a definitive statement that he won’t come on 

but I would be astounded if we took any kind of risk with his rehabilitation.......especially given our experience with wilf’s knee 

I doubt he would be on the bench if it was a risk tbh.

I'm sure he's been doing some intense training to really test the knee. The next thing is match fitness.

Edited by Stevosevic
  • Like 1

I wouldn't risk him tomorrow. It's not a must that he plays, even for a few minutes. I'm sure the club know his timeline and recovery and have a better insight than any of us put together. But my point is surely just wait until he is properly ready. No need to rush him back. 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

I doubt he would be on the bench if it was a risk tbh.

I'm sure he's been doing some intense training to really test the knee. The next thing is match fitness.

If he’s on the bench he can join in the pre match stuff and also warm up during the game - all helps his mental state and gets him tuned into his return ..... we will have empty spaces so it has no affect on us 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, StanSP said:

I wouldn't risk him tomorrow. It's not a must that he plays, even for a few minutes. I'm sure the club know his timeline and recovery and have a better insight than any of us put together. But my point is surely just wait until he is properly ready. No need to rush him back. 

Unlikely :ph34r:

2 hours ago, st albans fox said:

If he’s on the bench he can join in the pre match stuff and also warm up during the game - all helps his mental state and gets him tuned into his return ..... we will have empty spaces so it has no affect on us 

Great morale boost for Riccy and helps with preparing for his return. 

13 hours ago, AjcW said:

I'm hoping BR gives Castagne a couple of games on the left ahead of Ricky's return and doesn't just throw him over there as soon as he's fit.

Justin can easily go to the right for a couple if games, if anything he might even be more comfortable over there. 

Might be something worth trialing tomorrow night for example.

What difference does it make which game Castagne moves to the left? If he's being thrown over there when Ricardo's back, why isn't he being thrown over there before then?

• Like 1

a lot of people seem "desperate" for him to be playing again.

JJ is doing reasonably well, Castagne has fitted in well, I want Ricardo back as well, but propping him straight into the team the moment he can train isnt sound thinking.

Wait for a moment, then test him as a sub, see if things look ok and go from there.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Raw Dykes said:

What difference does it make which game Castagne moves to the left? If he's being thrown over there when Ricardo's back, why isn't he being thrown over there before then?

The more I think about it, I reckon Ricardo could be pencilled in to play at left back

Nice option to have with a number of players who can fit in different positions.

• Like 1

Playing Ricardo at left back or on the right wing is like playing Messi in central midfield. He’s still probably going to be the best player in that position but you don’t play your best players in roles that get anything other than their maximum performance levels if you want to go anywhere. 

Castagne has been very impressive since he’s joined but if Ricardo gets back to the same level he was at (and after 8 months out that’s a huge “if”) then he should be LB with Ricardo at RB.  Ricardo hasn’t played left back regularly since he was at Nice, that was about 4 or 5 years ago now, Castagne (albeit in a 5) and Justin were doing it last season.

Ricardo is one of the best right backs in world football, why waste him on the left?