Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

Ricardo Pereira ACL

46 minutes ago, Bourbon Fox said:

Can't find it anywhere and I want to, because it's another way to ratchet up my hatred of Grealish 

Found it and clipped it. Don't know how long vimeo will host it without copyright strike.

Anyway I can't really blame Grealish on this occasion, it's a 50/50 and Ricky unfortunately gets there slowly and dangles his leg out into Grealish's stride. It seemed innocuous at the time but you can see how by extending his leg Ricky has exposed his knee ligaments to the hit.

Edited by Jaspa
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 1

22 hours ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

You can blame grealish. Looks like he tried to initiate contact with his left leg which crocked Ricardo.

Taking an impartial stance; Grealish got in and nicked the ball. Absolutely nothing in this one really. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PaulW said:

Potential pub quiz question...."Which Premier League player underwent an ACL op in mid-season, and returned to playing without missing a match?"

Well it won't be RP as he might be out for 12-18 months. 

On 21/03/2020 at 21:49, Grebfromgrebland said:

You can blame grealish. Looks like he tried to initiate contact with his left leg which crocked Ricardo.

have you ever played football? or been running? generally where your front leg and body goes your trailing leg goes with you

if anything RP fouls Grealish, unfortunate accident

You can't blame Grealish for anything there, it's not even a foul, two players coming into contact during a contact sport. If anything it highlights just how easy it is to pick up a serious injury. How many times during matches and training do we get into a tackle or coming together that's worse and walk away. I can remember a few last Tuesday night when we were still able to play.

• Like 1

Just now, Collymore said:

Thought that was the going time out for that type of injury?

Well every report so far has said 6 months.

He carried on playing so perhaps isn't as bad as others have been.

'Recovery from an ACL surgery can take anywhere from two to six months. However, it can nine months or more before you return to your pre-injury condition with a full range of motion and stability in the knee joint. A longer rehabilitation period doesn't mean that you're doing anything wrong.'

As he's at a club renowned for keeping players at their peak then six months sounds realistic.