Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

3 Players Show Signs/Symptoms of Coronavirus

33 minutes ago, Toddybad said:

The chief medical officer literally said that 80% of the population would catch it and 1% of those (half a million) will die.

We have 80% of the population playing for Leicester? How on earth does Brendan keep them happy with getting them all game time 😮

51 minutes ago, PaulW said:

It's not a competition.

Lol did I say it was? And what’s wrong with saying it was at least worth a mention? Some people! 🙄

You do realise my original post was just a little tongue in cheek regarding how the media was reporting  the corona virus and it’s affect on some of the big 6....

Edited by Mark 'expert' Lawrenson

27 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Lol did I say it was? And what’s wrong with saying it was at least worth a mention? Some people! 🙄

You do realise my original post was just a little tongue in cheek regarding how the media was reporting  the corona virus and it’s affect on some of the big 6....

Everything is a competition, even life. Funny thing, we all lose. So God must be a bookie. 

3 hours ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

I don't think our cases are confirmed yet?

Given that most of our players will get it at some point then perhaps it would be better if they were positive now to allow more recovery time and no longer be able to spread. Can't imagine any of them are in the high risk group. 

1 hour ago, PaulW said:

No he didn't.  He estimated that that was a possible worst case scenario.

He also said he expected that at least 60% would have to get it for herd immunity to kick in so clearly 60-80% is the range they're looking at. Germany estimated 70%.

On 12/03/2020 at 23:27, deejdeej said:

See it sits uneasy with me that those in the relegation zone should go down without having the chance to get themselves out of it. Of course there's no right or wrong answer here and I suppose In the grand scheme of things it won't matter.

They have had 75% of a season to get out of it.

22 hours ago, UHDrive said:

People shouldn't be spouting such incorrect rubbish in such sensitive times. The medical head (and yes I watched the briefing) talked of Germany's "high end" numbers as 70% and that our best guess was "worst case" was 80%. He concedes that these figures were an unknown entity entirely. 

Enough scaremongering.

So Quoting exactly the most senior scientific officer in the Country is scaremongering?

'The less you know, the better you sleep' Russian proverb. Enjoy your sleep.

On 12/03/2020 at 23:15, Dan LCFC said:

I had all the symptoms for it last week, rang both my GP and 111 who spent the time telling me to go back to the other and yet due to never having any knowingly contacted anyone who has been to any affected country, then I can't confirm either way if I had it.

Now I'm not saying I definitely had it or not, but there are definitely going to be people in my sort of situation there who did have it, and they had no way of confirming it.

I have symptoms and have been to 5 affected countries in the last 3 weeks but will just self isolate for 7 days. So could have it or could be seasonal flu, now we're in the delay phase and I'm not famous they'll be no testing.  If there's no improvement after 7 days I'll phone 111. 

Haven't seen any matches for 5 weeks and the day I'm back the league is postponed 🙄

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ashley said:

With that logic, we would be relegated in our 'Great Escape' Season? :)

No Premier League title the year after etc etc. 

Correct, and we would have deserved based on our results up to that point in the season, most other seasons we would definitely have got relegated.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sampson said:

Every report and comment from Italian hospitals and health professionals I've seen seem to suggest it's even worse than the media make out. And the numbers going around are nothing compared to the actual numbers infected. And that no one's seen anything like this since the Spanish Flu. And this isn't even necessarily it's peak, that could easily be next winter.

Think I'll believe them over some random British person on the internet.

Once we have to start wartime rules and turn old people away to die at hospitals because we have to prioritise the people most likely to survive, as Italy are currently doing - then will you admit it's pretty ****ing bad?

Since when has Italy got anything to do with OUR SQUAD? 

But yes. The media have made OUR(Leicester City) situation to be worse than it actually is. That's the post. 

On 13/03/2020 at 09:05, Father Ted said:

So how long do you expect people to go into self isolation for? Because this isn't going away. At what point do people say, "I've got a mortgage to pay, bills to pay, I'm sick of sitting at home"? A year? Or 2? Because I can guarantee a 2 week self isolation period in this country will achieve nothing due to numerous factors. 

They highly doubt that they will even have a vaccine for it before early 2021. I'm much more the approach of common sense and adaptation. Yes, people will suffer but this self isolation strategy is a pure short termism idea without looking at the bigger picture long term. 

Forced self-isolation of the country would massively help slow the spread of the virus. They want to avoid this at all costs but it would certainly have a great effect on slowing down the effect of Covid-19. Common sense would say it’d have to be longer than the current 2 week window that is suggested. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Leeds Fox said:

Forced self-isolation of the country would massively help slow the spread of the virus. They want to avoid this at all costs but it would certainly have a great effect on slowing down the effect of Covid-19. Common sense would say it’d have to be longer than the current 2 week window that is suggested. 

They are avoiding it at all costs whilst the virus has a free for all and infects tens of thousands and kills god knows how many? 

Why when we have a template in how China has (maybe) got this outbreak under control with a shutdown would we choose to do the opposite? 

They are doing this whilst at the same time claiming this action will ‘delay’ the spread. 🤔

Total madness which I’m surprised hasn’t resulted in pitch fork weilding protesters descending on Downing St. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Leeds Fox said:

Absolutely and it gives the NHS more chance of affording more treatment, to more people, over a sustained period of time rather than the nightmare scenario of being completely overwhelmed in one go and having to prioritise and turn people away.

• Like 1

Forced isolation also increases the chances of a stronger second or third wave, which in turn makes it harder to develop a vaccine.. which mutated strain are you going to try and stop/slowdown?? Also, when next winter comes around, those that survived the initial wave would have a greater chance of infection as there would be multiple strains and all without a viable vaccine.

Allowing the spread gives a better chance of herd immunity and self inoculation not only against this strain but others that will develop in the coming years.

Herding also helps to flatten the peak so your resources (the NHS) have a better chance of handling those infected.

Italy tried the lock down without much success, it's population percentage of older people is greater than ours. China is an unknown at present, they've locked down, but have now started reopening again so a key test will be to see if they get a strong second wave.

Edited by blabyboy
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, FoxFossil said:

So Quoting exactly the most senior scientific officer in the Country is scaremongering?

'The less you know, the better you sleep' Russian proverb. Enjoy your sleep.

Idiotic and lame response. But I'll bite. Re-read my first reply and you'll see it's because I'm correcting factual inaccuracies. Do your homework next time.

Its mind boggling that people are throwing statistics and death rates and other countries statistics around like confetti. The only stats that are relevant is that there is a new virus, spreading through the UK and without a vaccine, and it is killing patients within the age range of 70+ (most with underlying health issues). Any other info people are speculating about is both nonsense and will also soon be out of date when the next set of stats come through tomorrow no doubt. I for for one (39 yrs old) will be glad to catch coronavirus to build my immunity, build the heard immunity effect and thus save lives to all ages and see some semblance of normality return back to life.

Edited by UHDrive

25 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

Its mind boggling that people are throwing statistics and death rates and other countries statistics around like confetti. The only stats that are relevant is that there is a new virus, spreading through the UK and without a vaccine, and it is killing patients within the age range of 70+ (most with underlying health issues). Any other info people are speculating about is both nonsense and will also soon be out of date when the next set of stats come through tomorrow no doubt. I for for one (39 yrs old) will be glad to catch coronavirus to build my immunity, build the heard immunity effect and thus save lives to all ages and see some semblance of normality return back to life.

My irony meter just exploded!

• Like 1