Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

3 Players Show Signs/Symptoms of Coronavirus

Resolved cases at this point are much more likely to be resolvable by death. Then you have the many other people that have had it without being a confirmed case, who also haven't died.

It's a serious matter but there's no need to panic. The actual death rate is closer to 5% from what I've read. Again, still serious but let's not work on the assumption that 60% of people get it and 50% of those die! Panic fuel.

47 minutes ago, lestajigs said:

It amazes me to be fair, people on here think they can run The country better😂, the government ain’t stupid, yes people are going to die, no one can stop that, its a horrible situation, but these people at the top will make the right decision 

We will be same as Italy in two weeks time, the lockdown countries have delayed it and have time to increase their knowledge and critical care capacity. That’s what people can’t get their heads round.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Nod.E said:

Resolved cases at this point are much more likely to be resolvable by death. Then you have the many other people that have had it without being a confirmed case, who also haven't died.

It's a serious matter but there's no need to panic. The actual death rate is closer to 5% from what I've read. Again, still serious but let's not work on the assumption that 60% of people get it and 50% of those die! Panic fuel.

This is obviously bang on but it’s a more scientific rate than deaths/cases

41 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

In my humble non medical opinion the figure is a lot higher than 10,000. If it really is 10,000 which is such a low percentage of the UK population then it's a bit of a coincidence that the is 3 notable people with it (Arteta, Hudson Odi and the health minister). These people can facilitate testing the general public can't.

Same in America with Tom Hanks and the Basketball player or the Canadian President. In my opinion loads more people have it or have had it with little or no symptoms which will be good news for the eventual mortality rate.

Agree with all of this except Tom hanks is in aus. I’ve heard of so many people I know who are ill with covid symptoms and not all of them live in London.

So how long do you expect people to go into self isolation for? Because this isn't going away. At what point do people say, "I've got a mortgage to pay, bills to pay, I'm sick of sitting at home"? A year? Or 2? Because I can guarantee a 2 week self isolation period in this country will achieve nothing due to numerous factors. 

They highly doubt that they will even have a vaccine for it before early 2021. I'm much more the approach of common sense and adaptation. Yes, people will suffer but this self isolation strategy is a pure short termism idea without looking at the bigger picture long term. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FoxFossil said:

Figures from chief medical officer on TV  said 80% of population will get infected (48 m) and 1% will die, with a much higher percentage in the elderly. Numbers are truly scary.

People shouldn't be spouting such incorrect rubbish in such sensitive times. The medical head (and yes I watched the briefing) talked of Germany's "high end" numbers as 70% and that our best guess was "worst case" was 80%. He concedes that these figures were an unknown entity entirely. 

Enough scaremongering.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, bmt said:

This is obviously bang on but it’s a more scientific rate than deaths/cases

More scientific, yes, in the sense we can be more sure about the numbers.

But I don't think it's a useful stat. We know it's realistically wildly inaccurate and will only cause unnecessary fear.

17 minutes ago, Nod.E said:

More scientific, yes, in the sense we can be more sure about the numbers.

But I don't think it's a useful stat. We know it's realistically wildly inaccurate and will only cause unnecessary fear.

I completely agree. Realistically they’re all massively flawed unless every case has been ended (died/recovered)

1 hour ago, Nod.E said:

Some data the guardian has out today is better reading than your version

The coronavirus pandemic: visualising the global crisis

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/13/coronavirus-pandemic-visualising-the-global-crisis?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Copy_to_clipboard

1 hour ago, Father Ted said:

So how long do you expect people to go into self isolation for? Because this isn't going away. At what point do people say, "I've got a mortgage to pay, bills to pay, I'm sick of sitting at home"? A year? Or 2? Because I can guarantee a 2 week self isolation period in this country will achieve nothing due to numerous factors. 

They highly doubt that they will even have a vaccine for it before early 2021. I'm much more the approach of common sense and adaptation. Yes, people will suffer but this self isolation strategy is a pure short termism idea without looking at the bigger picture long term. 

Heer Heer!

10 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

The vast majority of folk who have had it experience mild symptoms and recover within two weeks. However, if everyone was to get it at the same time, it would not only reek havoc amongst our countries infrastructure but cripple the NHS and increase the chances of people who ARE a high risk priority to not get the medical attention they would need. 

Self isolation is not about stopping it but slowing the spread. Most of us will get it and most of us will be fine but if we all soldier on like you so naively suggest then we all get it at the same time and the fatality rate goes through the roof. 

The worring thing about your statement isn't your ignorance or lack of empathy but the simple fact that you seem to think you are speaking common sense. 

And that someone reading it might be fooled into thinking so.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Ashley said:

The Media(as usual) have blown our situation massively out of proportion. It's not as bad as they're making out.  

The chief medical officer literally said that 80% of the population would catch it and 1% of those (half a million) will die.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Ashley said:

The Media(as usual) have blown our situation massively out of proportion. It's not as bad as they're making out.  

How do you know?

Edited by Wymsey