Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

3 Players Show Signs/Symptoms of Coronavirus

4 minutes ago, Fightforever said:

I have really bad asthma.

Am I fvcked?

Work still want me in on Monday and I'm starting to worry 

looked online can't any concrete advice.

sorry to hear that, but just be extra careful... not sure what your place of work is like, so don’t know what they would think if you went into isolation. 

5 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

Call in sick? Use your sick days?

I'm going to but that's temporary they're going run out at some point. My job is mostly desk based so I'm going to pray that gloves and hand gel does the trick.

Age is on my side when it comes to the virus but my lungs are useless. That's my main point of worry.

Edited by Fightforever

46 minutes ago, Fightforever said:

Am I fvcked?

To be blunt, asthma sufferers are vulnerable to the illness. That's not to say there's a guarantee you'll get it, but it may affect you more when you do get it.

What do you do for work? Given the fact it's a public health emergency across the world, I think your work should be able to cut you a bit more slack! Your welfare at the end day should be the most important thing for them and for you so if you feel at risk, whether that's getting it or passing it on, you should be allowed to make the decision to stay home/stay away from work.

59 minutes ago, Fightforever said:

Am I fvcked?

I think you will be alright, i think its the really ill and very old the problems will unfortunately be with

3 minutes ago, lestajigs said:

I think you will be alright, i think its the really ill and very old the problems will unfortunately be with

Yh hope so I wish that there is better guidelines on who exactly is at risk. So far all I have seen online is that if you're old your done.

Edited by Fightforever

3 minutes ago, Wolfox said:

Just wanted to raise a red flag on this thread…

Although well intentioned, don’t try to give advice on what people should or shouldn’t do in relation to their daily lives…. Refer to government websites…. Seek qualified guidance

Also don’t refer to death rates out of context…. Some people are very mildly infected and may not appear as confirmed cases - 7% is likely to cause high anxiety and may (or may not) be accurate…. If you’re interested we’ll know when we know…

It’s clearly unpleasant and people are clearly anxious…. Seek advice from the qualified…

Felt they were seeking some guidance because the information available wasn’t there. 

8 minutes ago, Fightforever said:

Yh hope so I wish that there is better guidelines on who exactly is at risk. So far all I have seen online is that if you're old your done.

As it stands, it's not even a death sentence for the elderly, is just they are more likely to suffer severe complications, but without wanting to sound callous, as you get older you're less able to cope with all diseases. Even so, the vast majority of elderly people who get it will recover, but that's no reason to take precautions.

At least in an office you'll be in limited contact with other people. Keep washing your hands, avoid touching your face and avoid people who are coughing and sneezing. Let's hope your employers have a bit of understanding and turn away anyone coming to work coughing and sneezing. I'm pretty sure my employer won't do that though.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Wolfox said:

Just wanted to raise a red flag on this thread…

Although well intentioned, don’t try to give advice on what people should or shouldn’t do in relation to their daily lives…. Refer to government websites…. Seek qualified guidance

Also don’t refer to death rates out of context…. Some people are very mildly infected and may not appear as confirmed cases - 7% is likely to cause high anxiety and may (or may not) be accurate…. If you’re interested we’ll know when we know…

It’s clearly unpleasant and people are clearly anxious…. Seek advice from the qualified…

It is quite bizarre the random things that people ask advice for here lol on a football forum!

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, StanSP said:

To be blunt, asthma sufferers are vulnerable to the illness. That's not to say there's a guarantee you'll get it, but it may affect you more when you do get it.

What do you do for work? Given the fact it's a public health emergency across the world, I think your work should be able to cut you a bit more slack! Your welfare at the end day should be the most important thing for them and for you so if you feel at risk, whether that's getting it or passing it on, you should be allowed to make the decision to stay home/stay away from work.

The biggest problem for employees is the unknown. How long will this last for? Is it fair to give someone the option to not come to work but still pay them when another person may not have asthma but has an elderly relative at home and they are not given that option? It's a slippery slope, one that is unprecedented. Don't forget these employees have a business to run. Especially the small business who would be at risk of going bust if they just let people stay at home, not work and have to pay them still, at the end of the day if there is no business then there is no employment for the staff. So long term thinking has to be done. It's not just as simple as "these bloody employees should give workers slack" 

Its such a complex issue and there probably isn't a right answer. Someone will lose from this and someone will be 'ok'. No real win win situation from this unfortunately. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, hejammy said:

The biggest problem for employees is the unknown. How long will this last for? Is it fair to give someone the option to not come to work but still pay them when another person may not have asthma but has an elderly relative at home and they are not given that option? It's a slippery slope, one that is unprecedented. Don't forget these employees have a business to run. Especially the small business who would be at risk of going bust if they just let people stay at home, not work and have to pay them still, at the end of the day if there is no business then there is no employment for the staff. So long term thinking has to be done. It's not just as simple as "these bloody employees should give workers slack" 

Its such a complex issue and there probably isn't a right answer. Someone will lose from this and someone will be 'ok'. No real win win situation from this unfortunately. 

I agree it's a difficult thing to compromise on or manage but I was only responding to what he said!

It's just flat, generic advice to be honest. I don't know the ins and outs. 

• Like 1

Our company has basically told me (working in a support function, that can work from home) to basically stay working from home, until informed otherwise... unless an Emergency/Incident occurs that my presence is needed. Any meetings should be done via conference call or webinar, and a lot of what I will be doing is ensuring we remain compliant in this time.

I get why they've gone with this strategy, they don't want me going around the business and risking any infection spreading. It's now at a point where our business can continue, as long as the industry we supply to continues, and our branches continue to operate.

It's a strange time.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Fightforever said:

Am I fvcked?

In theory you’d have to stay away (from work and everywhere else) until this really dies down, which isn’t practical at all I’d guess. Self-isolating before you have symptoms would be ideal if it was at all practical. 

However, if you really want to stay away from work for a week or two, you could always fake a cough on Monday. Back to square one after the two weeks off though. 

4 hours ago, Foxxed said:

Is there any proof immunity will happen?

Or are we putting economic activity before the lives of the elderly?

We can only go on experience before, but it would suggest that some would be immune.

We have always done so, the needs of the nation out-way the needs of any minority group. It has always been so. If you believe otherwise, you are naive at best.

43 minutes ago, blabyboy said:

We can only go on experience before, but it would suggest that some would be immune.

We have always done so, the needs of the nation out-way the needs of any minority group. It has always been so. If you believe otherwise, you are naive at best.

Survival of the fittest eh!!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, UHDrive said:

Idiotic and lame response. But I'll bite. Re-read my first reply and you'll see it's because I'm correcting factual inaccuracies. Do your homework next time.

Actually I was a patient in a major teaching hospital whilst writing these points. The NHS is quietly clearing as many cases as possible in advance of anticipated major critical care volumes, a head of department senior surgeon told me, as I'm one of those most at risk, in for cancer treatment. Hospital was working flat out, all theatres being used, teams of docs operating 8 am to 8 pm. So they are lame and idiotic? Time will tell, hope you're right, and you don't need them to care for you.