Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

League Suspended.

1 hour ago, Foxy_Bear said:

I'm not sure if it has been covered but what happens to the TV money if the season cant be completed? SKY and BT Sport pay for a certain number of games, if they are not provided with those games then the PL are in breach of contract. Surely they wouldnt need to pay for this season.....

I think yesterday was the first day that the penny finally dropped with the general sports media.Even elite football is knee deep in sh;t.

The tv companies would want their money back for an unfinished season.Now there’s doubt the PL is insured.We could have a situation where skint owners will be scrambling to get rid of their expensive,cash gurgling toys.Huge changes in store.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Foxy_Bear said:

I'm not sure if it has been covered but what happens to the TV money if the season cant be completed? SKY and BT Sport pay for a certain number of games, if they are not provided with those games then the PL are in breach of contract. Surely they wouldnt need to pay for this season.....

Didn’t Leicester City/King Power take a big loan out with an Australian bank guaranteed against the TV money for the finance of the stadium expansion and new training ground? 

• Like 3

I'm actually more bothered about our 9-0 being wiped out or Vardy not being on the verge of breaking 100 PL goals than us finishing 3rd and getting in to Europe that in all likelihood won't be allowed to be played anyway due to travel bans.

• Like 4

15 hours ago, Kitchandro said:

Case and point as to why I've always hated this guy. Self, self, self.

Sensible, fair people agree we need to be patient and wait for this to pass and then make sure the season is finished.

But no, if it's not about Harry Kane, Harry Kane doesn't care. He's not top of the scoring charts and his team can't possibly win a trophy (as usual) so he just wants it forgotten about.

Comments from people like him trying to pressurise the league into making a decision are an absolute disgrace.

Totally agree...Life even in These times can be So simple especially anything Sports orientated...Why cancel or void any competition.

Instead of everybody Chasing a descision....POSTPONE  every competition,until further notice,und has said,Don t bother Chasing Time windows.

In a few months time,it could be the world couldnt give a Flying fig,in anything Sports orientated..!!!

If leaders & organisiere in any sport had any sense. They would tell their members,the public,and Uncle joe Cobbley,that Everything including potential future competitions & seasons are postponed, any further decisions will be made at a more appropiate time.

Obviously all organisations, und individual Sports people,will have to come together in the Next months ,and discuss Contracts & Financial situation,also prepared to Catch & support those who are/will be out of contract....

Sport has no present relevant preferences or priority today....

Only that the People involved,can support First themselves and also within their organisations.

If anybody dreams or think we will have this CV situation under Control & normalised  before end of July or even end of the Summer ,are fooling themselves....

The most important thought at present,is Holding any ground we can ( food & medical support ,chains & supplies) our patience,and more importantly seeing & showing how civilised,we are supposed to be....!!!

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

Didn’t Leicester City/King Power take a big loan out with an Australian bank guaranteed against the TV money for the finance of the stadium expansion and new training ground? 

Yes, but luckily we sold Maguire...

18 hours ago, Kitchandro said:

Case and point as to why I've always hated this guy. Self, self, self.

Sensible, fair people agree we need to be patient and wait for this to pass and then make sure the season is finished.

But no, if it's not about Harry Kane, Harry Kane doesn't care. He's not top of the scoring charts and his team can't possibly win a trophy (as usual) so he just wants it forgotten about.

Comments from people like him trying to pressurise the league into making a decision are an absolute disgrace.

"I know the Premier League will do everything it can to finish the season,"

There needs to be a point where enough is enough. Probably the limit for me is the end of June."

said Tottenham striker Kane, through his nose.

6 hours ago, gerrytaggart said:

There needs to be a point where enough is enough. Probably the limit for me is the end of June."

Have to have some kind of conclusion. If not what if following season disrupted . Games become pointless (no pun intended). 75% of season completed , surely if poss play few more games even all behind closed doors , if not then finish as we are.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, gerrytaggart said:

..bag

21 hours ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

If the season is declared null and void does that mean all results are stricken from the records ? If so, would that mean our 9-0 win against Saints never happen ?

No reason why they should "expunge" the match records.

The games were all played in good faith, according to Association Football rules.

They would just need to "terminate" the season, and leave the match details, player appearances, goals scored etc as is.

All this news of players having to take 70% pay cuts to pay for non-playing staff's wages seems way off the mark. Surely the entire non-playing staff's weekly wage doesn't come to anywhere near 70% of the playing staffs wages. Seems incorrect.

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

All this news of players having to take 70% pay cuts to pay for non-playing staff's wages seems way off the mark. Surely the entire non-playing staff's weekly wage doesn't come to anywhere near 70% of the playing staffs wages. Seems incorrect.

Rumoured that the tea lady is on £3000 a week as her job can be a strain.

Edited by weller54
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Rumoured that the tea lady is on £3000 a week as her job can be a stain.

Lol. The coach driver is apparently on near 2k a week as his job keeps driving him round the bend

Toilet cleaners are on £1000 a week as their job is shitty and tools they use take the pi55

Oh and for the record blame mic(k) the stadium announcer who is making the most noise about his wages possibly not being paid

4 minutes ago, Fox seen in Norwich said:

Lol. The coach driver is apparently on near 2k a week as his job keeps driving him round the bend

Toilet cleaners are on £1000 a week as their job is shitty and tools they use take the pi55

Oh and for the record blame mic(k) the stadium announcer who is making the most noise about his wages possibly not being paid

👎🏻

On 30/03/2020 at 14:15, gerrytaggart said:

He got a cruise booked or something?

3 hours ago, worth_the_wait said:

No reason why they should "expunge" the match records.

The games were all played in good faith, according to Association Football rules.

They would just need to "terminate" the season, and leave the match details, player appearances, goals scored etc as is.

If the matches didn’t count as league games, fans ‘could potentially’ demand refunds for tickets to games that had no meaning. The results have to stand regardless of what happens to the conclusion of the season.