Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

League Suspended.

2 hours ago, Danizen said:

The Premier League are dishing out prize money based on current position. Do you reckon they're testing the water to see what the reaction would be if they called it as is or did an average points system? 

Wheres this?

9 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Was announced that the PL have released monies to clubs to help fill the void left by no home games. These monies are apportioned based upon current league positions as they are advances on the end of season prize monies. 

Ah. I saw they'd given cash out but didnt read into it. Interesting.

3 hours ago, Danizen said:

The Premier League are dishing out prize money based on current position. Do you reckon they're testing the water to see what the reaction would be if they called it as is or did an average points system? 

Hahaha yeah I'm sure Villa, Man Utd etc will be chuffed to bits with it and not complain if the league standings follow suit 😂

Fwiw, I heard from someone who works as main lawyer for one of the premier league clubs, is that the latest thinking is to finish the league off behind closed doors, with matches at 3 or 4 selected neutral venues, probably in June.

Not the worst possible solution if it happens.

1 hour ago, Ecdysiast said:

Fwiw, I heard from someone who works as main lawyer for one of the premier league clubs, is that the latest thinking is to finish the league off behind closed doors, with matches at 3 or 4 selected neutral venues, probably in June.

Not the worst possible solution if it happens.

Any idea when the tickets go on sale.

Was thinking today, just how great it is going to be to finally go to watch a match at the KP. Not only will we will have been starved of footy for god knows how long, but a return to large sporting events will most likely mean a lot more certainty and some kind of outcome to the pandemic. The atmosphere will be electric. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, LCFCCHRIS said:

Was thinking today, just how great it is going to be to finally go to watch a match at the KP. Not only will we will have been starved of footy for god knows how long, but a return to large sporting events will most likely mean a lot more certainty and some kind of outcome to the pandemic. The atmosphere will be electric. 

Don't hold your breath..

September at the very earliest I reckon.

9 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Don't hold your breath..

September at the very earliest I reckon.

Yeah not expecting soon, as you say could well be late this year. I'm guessing they won't be allowing big gatherings until we have 'herd immunity' or some kind of vaccine? 

I think for the sustainability of the Premier league, all players should uniformly have their wages deferred or a large proportion until football resumes. Having each club deciding to cut certain players wages could create animosity towards the club, if for example man United are not doing the same. 

The trouble at the moment is that players have all the leverage and whoever decides in the PL to cut wages first may create a bad atmosphere within the playing staff, who may then decide that once this is over, to move elsewhere. The Premier league need to make this compulsory across all clubs. 

At the lower level of football this becomes more of an issue as footballers are no way near as well off, but the government furlough scheme might be the only option here. 

• Like 1

This view might be unpopular but It's quite annoying that the likes of Sky etc have the power to control when games should be on (before this pandemic and potentially, but very likely, after), for their own gain, and thinking that the PL will be all for it as they'll be receiving £m's just to agree with the broadcasters' demands of showing live games.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Foxy_Bear said:

It looks like the Scottish leagues are set to end the leagues now..... I wonder if we will see this more and more in the next few weeks...

Yeah potentially. This was down to a voting system though apparently maybe this could be tried with our 4 divisions. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, goody2028 said:

The decisive vote rests on one championship club. No pressure lol  

And it's Dundee. If they vote this through, they screw their bitter rivals, Dundee utd out of promotion! Lol. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Here's a weird stat for those of you who believe in cosmic balance and symmetry ...

LCFC formed in 1874, and after 132 years in 2016, the best ever thing in football happened.

The Football League started in 1888, and after 132 years in 2020, the worst ever thing happened.

Newton's 3rd law: For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, worth_the_wait said:

Here's a weird stat for those of you who believe in cosmic balance and symmetry ...

LCFC formed in 1874, and after 132 years in 2016, the best ever thing in football happened.

The Football League started in 1888, and after 132 years in 2020, the worst ever thing happened.

Newton's 3rd law: For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction.

Erm weren't we formed in 1884?

• Like 1