Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

League Suspended.

9 hours ago, Ricey said:

If need be scrap both cup competitions next season. Better to scrap two less important competitions before they’ve began than cancel an entire season that is 75% of the way through.

Less important?

Well, when the season was cancelled we were one match away from Wembley.

The FA Cup and League Cup are our only realistic chances of winning trophies (one-off miracle seasons aside). So how are they less important?

If this season is cancelled I'll be more livid about being 3 matches away from lifting a trophy than being 9 matches way from making up the numbers in another competition.

• Like 1

Scrap the season.

Promote Leeds and West Brom.   No relegation.

Cascade this down the pyramid. 

1 extra  relegation place for the next two years.

Champions League  for top seven with play offs with a couple dropping to europa

League.

Jamie wins  the golden boot.

But Liverpool have to play off with the top four for the League. SIMPLES!

Finish the season whenever it is possible to do so. Giving ridiculous deadlines is daft as is junking the season.

After all there is no reason why another pandemic can't occur next year.

17 minutes ago, FIF said:

Finish the season whenever it is possible to do so. Giving ridiculous deadlines is daft as is junking the season.

After all there is no reason why another pandemic can't occur next year.

Absolutely have to finish the season one way or another, it was started so needs finishing.

Whatever they come up with for next season, we all then start under the same rules, knowing from the start the situation.

Plus if we void it, we are taking Vardys chance at a golden boot away. You are wiping the 9 nil from record books.

And it probably means if theres a CL next season we miss out as they will award the place to the big boys.

Edited by Bayfox
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Super_horns said:
Or UEFA have set a end of June deadline?

Won’t happen some people think 3 weeks of “lockdown” and this will be all over, the elderly and the vulnerable haven’t been told to isolate for 12 weeks for a laugh, 12 weeks takes us to the backend of June, I personally think you are looking towards the end of July at the Very earliest for this to get started again 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Kitchandro said:

Less important?

The FA Cup and League Cup are our only realistic chances of winning trophies (one-off miracle seasons aside). So how are they less important?

If this season is cancelled I'll be more livid about being 3 matches away from lifting a trophy than being 9 matches way from making up the numbers in another competition.

I’m suggesting finishing this seasons FA Cup but cancelling next seasons League Cup and if need be FA Cup if the season needs to be shorter.

The cups are less important to the vast majority of clubs and fans, compared to the league. Tv deals and attendances prove as much.

With regards to cancelling any European competitions next season, what is the point in bending over backwards to finish this season if the table is going to mean nothing? May aswell just finish the season for the bottom half only

And regarding the 6th tier onwards, is starting next season with their current points total that daft an idea? Or half them all? Obviously disregard any records concerning points totals etc.

57 minutes ago, Walkers said:

With regards to cancelling any European competitions next season, what is the point in bending over backwards to finish this season if the table is going to mean nothing? May aswell just finish the season for the bottom half only

And regarding the 6th tier onwards, is starting next season with their current points total that daft an idea? Or half them all? Obviously disregard any records concerning points totals etc.

Would be nice to see us get a 102 points season again I suppose 

6 hours ago, Walkers said:

This is a palatable idea and one I could live with in the Premier League if it came down to it. I don’t think it’s “fair” but it’s fairer than writing off the season altogether.

The big fear has got to be that this season is voided/rolled over into next season and then you can’t play a full season again next season because the virus comes back.

14 hours ago, Vince Vega said:

Yes, because it's not possible to win something like 7 of your remaining 9 games is it? 

It may just be me, but I don't really think "we've got 7 games left, if we start playing properly now we may not get relegated, give us a chance" is the best excuse for teams to be using

2 minutes ago, MrSpaM said:

It may just be me, but I don't really think "we've got 7 games left, if we start playing properly now we may not get relegated, give us a chance" is the best excuse for teams to be using

9 games, and it is possible to get out of trouble with 9 games left, we did it.

Bet the city of Liverpool have got their tissues at the ready if indeed the league does get null and void.

Would be possibly the most strangest sports moment ever if the season is scrapped and they get nothing fkr all of tnejr achievements this season.

Guest MattP

Surely I'm not the only one not even bothered about this at the minute?

We should just wait for the end of the virus and then sort out what we do afterwards.

If football restarted even behind closed doors while we've got thousands of people in makeshift hospitals and medical staff working 80 hours a week it wouldn't feel right anyway.

The fact that next season has not started and so carries little impact, it would be ridiculous and wrong to void the current season. For starts, scrap the league cup next season. Reduce the pre-season or even just go straight into next season from the old (maybe a week or two to adjust). Allow short term player contracts to tie until the new season. Play up to 3 games a week (depending on cup/European involvement) to finish the season, it's not like players can't handle short turnarounds. Scrap Nations League, reduce international breaks from 3 to 2 (scrap the one in October). No FA Cup replays.

If football can restart end of June/July this can work. Any later and next season needs to be shortened.

19 hours ago, Kitchandro said:

Less important?

Of course they’re less important than the league. The league is the spine of football, the cups are now a side-show that if need be, could be scrapped to get back to footballing normality.

I’ll be gutted as we were close to a Wembley trip, but as things are, the league needs settling for many more reasons than the FA Cup does. 

5 hours ago, Claridge said:

Make the games an hour long, when the season restarts, git more games in then

This is up there with my 5 a side premier league to be held at a random (london) goals centre.

Get the league wrapped up in one day and maybe get the 20/21 season done too just to be safe.