Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

League Suspended.

a tiny glimmer of hope today as Bayern Munich return to training in small groups. We're a long way from resuming football, obviously, but it will return. I usually feel pretty emotional as I watch the pre match video at the KP. I don't mind admitting that I think I will be in bits the next time I'm able to watch it with 32,000 other people. And if Birch says something touching too, well.....

I'm wondering if I will actually be able to enjoy simply being part of match day in the future, or whether I will return to my normal state of agony as I watch the boys in action

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, harpendenfox said:

a tiny glimmer of hope today as Bayern Munich return to training in small groups. We're a long way from resuming football, obviously, but it will return. I usually feel pretty emotional as I watch the pre match video at the KP. I don't mind admitting that I think I will be in bits the next time I'm able to watch it with 32,000 other people. And if Birch says something touching too, well.....

I'm wondering if I will actually be able to enjoy simply being part of match day in the future, or whether I will return to my normal state of agony as I watch the boys in action

Human nature mate .............

There is a good chance the Austrian League is going to start in June.  No news yet on whether or not games to be played behind closed doors, although crowds here are a fraction of those in the EPL (except Bournemouth).

The Lock-down is starting to be lifted as of next Monday with more shops being allowed to open.

As of mid-May restaurants and hotels 'may' open.

However, if the trend in the number of cases and deaths increases again, all bets will be off.

I think they may be opening up to early - but what do I know.

5 hours ago, Chrysalis said:

A guy linked to watford has claimed a decision has been made to void the season, with an exception been granted to give liverpool the title, if that happens expect a shitstorm.

Such nonsense imo - around Europe leagues are speaking about resumption’s in June/July and possibly earlier in Germany.  no way are the PL going to void this season unless the tv companies have come to an arrangement that this would protect 20/21 in its entirety to be played as normal without a delayed start.  It’s just about feasible that the tv companies aren’t keen on closed doors PL fixtures because of atmosphere issues but they have no guarantees when crowds are going to be allowed back anyway .......  expect the season to be finished June/July 

Any talk of voiding the season is complete nonsense,

People forget we’re still only in early April. Football has only been cancelled for 4 weeks so far and we have feasibly another 3 months to complete the season and only a months worth of games left to go. Football could stay completely shut for another 8 weeks (double the time it’s had so far) and that would still allow for a 10 day/2 week pre season ahead of a month (mid June to mid July) end to the season. Then teams would have the exact same pre season ahead of next season as they would if the euros was still on.

People might think that’s optimistic, I don’t. If we’re in the same situation as we are in now or worse this time next month maybe conversations will need to happen but even then I think next season will be in more danger of being shorter or altered than this

A decision to null and void the league will not be taken yet, it sadly might eventually happen if there's very little prospect of a return to normality in the next few months but they will only do it if there's no other alternative. Clubs will be in so much bother.

7 hours ago, Chrysalis said:

A guy linked to watford has claimed a decision has been made to void the season, with an exception been granted to give liverpool the title, if that happens expect a shitstorm.

This chap with a "connection " to us thinks the season will be scrapped.

Always a bit wary of such articles as they can be lost in translation..

And I presume he is talking for our owners which they won't levss usually the Pozzos are very quiet and don't speak to the media at all.

https://onefootball.com/cms/en/29651975?variable=2020-04-07T23%3A25%3A44Z&_branch_match_id=406590449167325189

As soon as we step back on the lockdown, to where it was 'working from home' but not total lockdown the clubs will go back to work.

Games will be played behind closed doors, they'll all be on TV, and they'll be the most watched sporting events in history in this country. 

As poster above has said I imagine that will be in June and I reckon it'll be done like an international Tournament so Game, 3 days off, Game, 3 days off etc. 

• Like 1

Sounds like the Scottish leagues below the premiership are going to be suspended with the league standings being as they are. Basing it on points per game, which if we do the same could mean sheffield united pip Man U to 5th but I’d have to check that 

Edit 

manu 5th 

shef u 6th 

wolves 7th

Villa would be relegated and Boumouth get relegated by a single goal 

🤔 can’t see it happening

Edited by Lambert09

3 hours ago, willie-bell-in-rothley said:

Italian football has nothing to do with us, the tv people here will want to complete this season as will the clubs, lots of money in the balance, it will be good for the uk morale to start it up again behind closed doors in June

Been rubbished by the Premier league.

Probably one of those  2nd hand interview with a few words twisted.

4 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

Sounds like the Scottish leagues below the premiership are going to be suspended with the league standings being as they are. Basing it on points per game, which if we do the same could mean sheffield united pip Man U to 5th but I’d have to check that 

Edit 

manu 5th 

shef u 6th 

wolves 7th

Villa would be relegated and Boumouth get relegated by a single goal 

🤔 can’t see it happening

The more I think about this I reckon this could be the best option. Nowhere near perfect but I am now thinking it's not going to be possible to complete the season within a reasonable time frame.

Arsenal would join Sheff Utd and Wolves in the Europa League. Spurs can play down at the local park (like this week).

I think we might be into September before we see any football other than in Belarus.

As regards season 2020-21 I don't think this will be straightforward either with possible disruptions. One thing we probably need to do is cancel all international matches.

I hope I am wrong and that things can get back to normal sooner - and not just football. 

I seriously can’t see anything like normality resuming for months, we’ve just turned the NEC into a hospital, we’re nowhere near the lockdown being relaxed. 

This isn’t going away it’s going to be subdued and controlled to a level the NHS may be able to cope. 

The thought of going from 2 metre isolation zone to standing amongst 32000 screaming football fans in just over two months fills me with dread.

I love football but it’s nothing if I’m not alive to see it. 

2 minutes ago, Livid said:

I seriously can’t see anything like normality resuming for months, we’ve just turned the NEC into a hospital, we’re nowhere near the lockdown being relaxed. 

This isn’t going away it’s going to be subdued and controlled to a level the NHS may be able to cope. 

The thought of going from 2 metre isolation zone to standing amongst 32000 screaming football fans in just over two months fills me with dread.

I love football but it’s nothing if I’m not alive to see it. 

No chance of fans being allowed into home games before next season 

I wonder if some corporate seat holders will be allowed to attend (the highest paying 150 in the ground - mainly boxes ) given the large cost of refunding those seats 

• Like 1