Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

League Suspended.

11 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Yes. You can play but still have breaks within the game for drinks. 

Let's face it, a spell of 'very hot weather' is unlikely to be so sustained in this country. 

Yes they would have drinks break but a quick run of games during hot weather is something new and we don't know how this would affect players.

This whole situation is a complete joke to be honest.

I know we all miss football greatly but the speculation and restlessness of some football fans and reporters has been embarrassing to say the least.

Why can't people just wait for this to pass and we enjoy the game as we know it, with fans in attendance and with players and their families health not being jeopardised?  

Guest ttfn
43 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Gordon Taylor has apparently said games could last less than 45 mins each half lol

So much for the integrity of the game being kept in tact. 

I’m sure Brighton will be fine with that as long as they get to play at home.

Guest ttfn
Just now, Stuntman_Mike said:

This whole situation is a complete joke to be honest.

I know we all miss football greatly but the speculation and restlessness of some football fans and reporters has been embarrassing to say the least.

Why can't people just wait for this to pass and we enjoy the game as we know it, with fans in attendance and with players and their families health not being jeopardised?  

Because if we wait for this to pass half of the clubs in the football league will go bankrupt. 

18 hours ago, Lionator said:

I may be in the minority here but I don't think this is a legitimate reason to delay a restart any further. 

Ultimately we're looking at an absolute maximum mortality rate of around 0.05% (1 in 2000) for under 40's and even that number will drop considerably in healthy adults, which professional footballers are. The whole idea of 'phase 2' test and trace of the response to the virus is to carry on when 1 or 2 people get a positive test result, we cannot hide everyone away the moment a tiny percentage test positive or else we'll get nowhere.

I think players having the virus should just be treated as any other injury and they’re unavailable to play and train 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, StanSP said:

Gordon Taylor has apparently said games could last less than 45 mins each half lol

So much for the integrity of the game being kept in tact. 

It perhaps takes the brainpower of a man with a £2m salary to come up with such an idea. Perhaps, games could become 7 a side too on smaller pitches. We could perhaps get the PL finished over a couple of weekends!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

I think they should all get absolutely steaming on the pitch and they have to then play a game and navigate themselves around the strewn cans.

So basically this? 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, ttfn said:

Because if we wait for this to pass half of the clubs in the football league will go bankrupt. 

Also it could be a good 18 months from start to finish before matches could resume as we know it. How long does a professional footballers career last at the highest level? Maybe around 10 years? I know that it's far far from ideal to play matches like this, but it's a huge chunk of their time in the game which could be lost otherwise. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

The best solution is to freeze all football for one year and then pick up where left off in March next year. There is no chance football can happen in the next months unless it becomes a farce. No fans, players will be ruled out, teams will be ruled out weeks at a time due to someone being infected. It will just be utter chaos and not enjoyable.

As much as we all want it to return, it will be awful if it does. Write next season off completely, then start from where we are now.

Unless and until the players agree to do without pay for a year, that will not happen.  There wouldn't be enough teams left to make a league with.

Australian Rugby League have resumed training and will restart on 28th May.  Players have collectively agreed a 20% pay cut.  The New Zealand team has unanimously agreed to remain in Australia for the rest of the season.  At least one player has left home because his mother is a care home worker and he doesn't want to risk catching anything from her and passing it on.

And in further news, Gordon Taylor is not connected with the Australian players' union.

3 hours ago, ttfn said:

Well no, this isn't about football, it's about PL TV money. The conference was suspended weeks ago. 

There's enough money in the game to support those down lower down the pyramid. 

These smaller clubs at risk are no different to any other sporting clubs that are not being rushed back or non sporting businesses that will all be suffering.

The players safety is no different to any other worker in whatever other sector.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, StanSP said:

Yes. You can play but still have breaks within the game for drinks. 

Let's face it, a spell of 'very hot weather' is unlikely to be so sustained in this country. 

A spell of very sunny weather is unlikely. 

It’ll be in between 18/22 degrees, if not warmer. Not ideal weather for playing football. 

I didn’t think there was much that would sway me in wanting villa relegated. But they’ve been classy through this situation so far (minus grealish’s personal antics) 

I’m now heavily in the relegate Brighton and and West Ham camp 

• Like 1

I've always admired Brighton. They had a shite owner in the past who sold the Goldstone Ground to himself to build a DIY Store on. They came through having to play home games in Gillingham, playing at the Withdean and are now have a nice stadium. They generally do the right thing I think. But they are being dicks about this.

13 minutes ago, Bert said:

A spell of very sunny weather is unlikely. 

It’ll be in between 18/22 degrees, if not warmer. Not ideal weather for playing football. 

There is already 25 degrees expected by the end of this week. There's a good chance it will be higher than 18-22 by the time these matches are played.

4 hours ago, fox in the sox said:

Yes they would have drinks break but a quick run of games during hot weather is something new and we don't know how this would affect players.

Wouldn’t it be similar to some World Cups/Euros/AFCON etc? 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-8284869/Coronavirus-UK-20-Premier-League-grounds-likely-neutral-venue.html

Away from housing, with modern facilities and good access... Why these 10 club grounds and Wembley are most likely to be used as 'neutral venues' for Premier League football behind closed doors

A map showing nine of the Premier League grounds most likely to be selected as 'neutral' venues if the season is able to resume behind closed doors

KING POWER STADIUM

Club: Leicester City

Local area Covid-19 cases: 676 in Leicester

Pros: Slightly out of town location and not surrounded by residential areas so crowd control should be easy. Appealing Midlands location meaning the majority of Premier League clubs could play there without excessive travel. Modern facilities and has hosted England games as recently as 2018.

Cons: Not too many to speak of. Trains from London would have to be policed for fans if clubs from the capital were sent to play there.

8 minutes ago, fox in the sox said:

There is already 25 degrees expected by the end of this week. There's a good chance it will be higher than 18-22 by the time these matches are played.

Have you ever watched a World Cup?

4 teams play 7 games in 4 weeks, often including extra time and penalties. 

9 games in 6 to 8 weeks would not be a problem at all.

23 hours ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

Heard on the radio today about players scared to play for fear of the virus. If this is true, they need a good slap! I've worked through all this with no PPE and no attempt at social distancing in our workplace, even if I've tried myself, it's difficult when others don't in a confined space. They could earn what I earn in two years in one week.

Then you bring NHS workers into it, some of whom will be on less than I earn, what they've sacrificed.

There are many things to be considered, but given the level of scrutiny this will be given, players being scared is just mind-boggling.

You might say, "but football isn't important amongst all this!" 

Well, neither is Mr Jones getting his Radio Times and his Damart catalogue, or Mrs Grainger getting her P&O cruise brochure and inflatable foot massager.

..it does not mean your situation is right!!!!

The fact that you are working in such an environment without any protection is wrong and should be looked into.

Players not being willing to step on a pitch in fear of contamination does not mean that they are wrong. They should not be asked to put themselves in this position solely due to the job that they do. Any player who stands up and says no I am not willing to be placed in this situation I will applaud.

Call and end to the season, implement the promotion and relegation process and dedicate the season to the thousands which have died.....instead of sitting here discussing hypothetical scenarios.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

The best solution is to freeze all football for one year and then pick up where left off in March next year. There is no chance football can happen in the next months unless it becomes a farce. No fans, players will be ruled out, teams will be ruled out weeks at a time due to someone being infected. It will just be utter chaos and not enjoyable.

As much as we all want it to return, it will be awful if it does. Write next season off completely, then start from where we are now.

So players will accept no salary for a year then ???

i think you’ll find plenty of the better ones able to break their contract and go elsewhere .......