Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

League Suspended.

8 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

HIV is fairly different and it does mutate. 

HIV literally hides inside of your immune cells and pretends to be "self" so it isn't attacked by the immune system/a vaccine. And we've developed a treatment that has been successful so far in preventing the development of AIDS and i think in a few cases removing the virus. 

Anyway there is always the chance we don't produce a vaccine. They're confident but doesn't mean it'll happen. 

Okay, so how long should we wait until we decide that it isn’t going to happen, that’s not me asking how long its going to take by the way. If the figures for herd immunity are anything to go by it could take 10 years to get the required levels of immunity.

2 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...it would be too late by then!!!!

They are duty bound to assess the possibilities prior to an operation, they would be negligent if they chose not to evaluate the potential implications in this scenario.

But when these scenarios are based on prejudices and lies we end up with the very common theme of demonising football fans . 

Mr Mark Robert's  the Polices "Football advisor " has a long history of this !

49 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

Okay, so how long should we wait until we decide that it isn’t going to happen, that’s not me asking how long its going to take by the way. If the figures for herd immunity are anything to go by it could take 10 years to get the required levels of immunity.

Vaccines can take around a year maybe longer. We'll know whether the current ones are optimistic soon enough. 

But as was said on the press conference the other day; they're also working on drugs to treat and therapeutics to speed up recovery. Something will be produced, it is genuinely just a waiting game sadly. I can't put a time frame as science doesn't work like that

0_de02a765-6b30-4d81-980f-68c850209037.jpg

How Premier League table would look if Pools' score predictions came true
With the Premier League currently suspended due to the ongoing coronavirus pandemic, the Football Pools panel have predicted how it could have finished

Probably should be in the joke thread.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!

Like most of us I'm getting fed up with there being no football. The match of the day joke show on Saturday is a waste of time.

Can't wait for hopefully, the league to return and finish the season off, you can't beat a live televised game. (Although some are crap!)

The beauty of them is that you don't know what's going to happen until the final whistle.

The downside of course is that I cannot see any fans going through the turnstiles at least until the start of the 21/22 season.

Till then I'll continue to savour Vardys goals on YouTube!

2 hours ago, davieG said:

0_de02a765-6b30-4d81-980f-68c850209037.jpg

How Premier League table would look if Pools' score predictions came true
With the Premier League currently suspended due to the ongoing coronavirus pandemic, the Football Pools panel have predicted how it could have finished

Probably should be in the joke thread.

It’s only the yanited position that looks dodgy .....we’re predicted 15 points from 8 games ..... that fair enough I guess and we have yanited to play game 38 to take third ! 

29 minutes ago, nnickn said:

How can the rumours of ,in the event of resuming and then not completing, the league will be rest alphabetically,

In this case Villa would be placed 2nd, no way can thhat be used, surely?

It just means that if it’s voided then it would revert to alphabetical order as per the start of the season when no games have been played. No positions, no title, no relegation ....

But we are told that the FA won’t allow that to happen we can’t complete the season. 

Would be bonkers to go to all the trouble of completing the season if sides can’t be relegated, that’s surely a non-starter.

What else? Should there not be a champion either? What would they even be playing for then?

Do players think they are being paid thousands of pounds per day to play non-competitive sport!? 

12 hours ago, leicesterseddon said:

Do players think they are being paid thousands of pounds per day to play non-competitive sport!? 

No. they think they're being paid thousands a day NOT to play sport.

12 hours ago, st albans fox said:

It’s only the yanited position that looks dodgy .....we’re predicted 15 points from 8 games ..... that fair enough I guess and we have yanited to play game 38 to take third ! 

Got to credit their insight in foreseeing that Spurs will bottle even a Europa League slot and slide into the bottom half..... 

13 hours ago, st albans fox said:

I think it looks pretty reasonable given Man Utd's remaining fixture list and their jump in performances after Fernandes joined. 

13 hours ago, st albans fox said:

WHU picking up 4 wins and 2 draws when they've only won 7 all season is a bit of a stretch 

59 minutes ago, brucey said:

I think it looks pretty reasonable given Man Utd's remaining fixture list and their jump in performances after Fernandes joined. 

Man Utd to win all 8 games? Hahahahahaaaaa not a chance, not with Ole in charge not got the tactical nous to navigate that.

From what they said on Talksport the German players will have to social distance when they get to the ground and will be tested - subs away from the starting players etc.

Once the game starts they can play as normal but the managers might have to wear masks!

Then what I found a little strange and risky is they will be allowed home to family but they all have to isolate so really is a case of relying on players etc being very disciplined!

This was for the first weeekend then they will asses afterwards. 

7 minutes ago, Super_horns said:
From what they said on Talksport the German players will have to social distance when they get to the ground and will be tested - subs away from the starting players etc.

Once the game starts they can play as normal but the managers might have to wear masks!

Then what I found a little strange and risky is they will be allowed home to family but they all have to isolate so really is a case of relying on players etc being very disciplined!

This was for the first weeekend then they will asses afterwards. 

They're being fairly strict on it from what I've read. The Augsburg manager broke curfew to get toothpaste and read he could be banned from the game at the weekend.

Kalou broke social distancing and was instantly suspended as well, they aren't taking this lightly

• Like 1

Getting pretty peeved with the growing number of players using the safety card now.

Showing themselves to be as thick as they probably are.

Show them a 5 minute educational video which details how as young professional athletes they have more chance of dying in their poorly driven, expensive motors on the way to training, than they do dying from Covid in any circumstance, and tell them to get on the pitch or have their contract ripped up.

Entitled pr*cks.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Nod.E said:

Getting pretty peeved with the growing number of players using the safety card now.

Showing themselves to be as thick as they probably are.

Show them a 5 minute educational video which details how as young professional athletes they have more chance of dying in their poorly driven, expensive motors on the way to training, than they do dying from Covid in any circumstance, and tell them to get on the pitch or have their contract ripped up.

Entitled pr*cks.

I think they’re more concerned with bringing it home than suffering themselves ......

and the ones playing for the bottom six are simply trying to have the season voided with no relegation ......

2 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I think they’re more concerned with bringing it home than suffering themselves ......

and the ones playing for the bottom six are simply trying to have the season voided with no relegation ......

You're assuming the likes of Danny Rose and Troy Deeney have the capacity to care about another person.