Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

League Suspended.

32 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I guarantee you if the FA Cup isn't scrapped and played behind closed doors that we win it, it's inevitable.

Is it weird that if it is behind closed doors that I actually don't want us to win it. It would be such an anti-climax having never won it.

I suspect they'll hold off on the FA Cup until the autumn and hope/pray that fans are back in some capacity by then.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ricey said:

Is it weird that if it is behind closed doors that I actually don't want us to win it. It would be such an anti-climax having never won it.

I suspect they'll hold off on the FA Cup until the autumn and hope/pray that fans are back in some capacity by then.

It would be bizarre to say the least but then so will all football. CL football will be boring as sin with no fans, imagine going the Bernabau and beating Real in the semi finals with no fans? Hahahahaa i'd take it to be honest.

• Like 1

Hopefully the 'No fans' scenario will make everyone invested in the game coaches, players, managers, referees, owners, PL, EFL, FA, UEFA, FIFA and everone else in between will realise how important fans are to the game and start treating them with the respect and importance they are to the game.

Yeah

You Crazy GIFs | Tenor

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

There will be no fans until a vaccine, can not see how there can be given how terrified everyone is.

If people are scared to go outside now when the NHS is largely way below capacity, it's only going to get worse later in the year with the return of the flu season, when there is a huge danger the NHS will be overwhelmed and there will be a lot more deaths.

Its absolutely bizarre people think there will be anything happening this winter.

Even if crowds were allowed over the next year, how do you stop Grandad Jim with a season ticket who been going since the 50s who has a pre-existing condition from attending? 

1 hour ago, Ricey said:

I'm torn on that too. I've always dreamed of that day, since childhood and there was damn sure Leicester fans in Wembley in that dream! 

But if we were in the final against manchester United in late July in an empty stadium, your at home with a cold beer. Could your really see yourself cheering on United? Would you honestly want to see Harry Maguire lift the trophy over Kasper and Wes?

Edited by The whole world smiles

12 minutes ago, Foxin_Mad said:

There will be no fans until a vaccine, can not see how there can be given how terrified everyone is.

If people are scared to go outside now when the NHS is largely way below capacity, it's only going to get worse later in the year with the return of the flu season, when there is a huge danger the NHS will be overwhelmed and there will be a lot more deaths.

Its absolutely bizarre people think there will be anything happening this winter.

Even if crowds were allowed over the next year, how do you stop Grandad Jim with a season ticket who been going since the 50s who has a pre-existing condition from attending? 

Not strictly true. There’s yet to be a vaccine for SARS the baby brother of coronavirus, I appreciate the numbers were far inferior in terms the rate the infection spread, but there is always the possibility of the illness diminishing itself due to the efforts made so far to reduce transmission. Personally I think the worst is over (I say grabbing the biggest wooden tree). Initially we ****ed up, but we’re an island, unlike mainland Europe who have a much greater risk of a second wave, if we’re strict with movement between nations, and continue to be cautious with the reopening of the country by the winter we may be somewhere close to normal. Once the infection rate really slows we will be able to really start to see a road to recovery.

Im no expert but personally the key is the hospitals, it seems the accelerate in those environments, and it’s only natural due to the amount of patients they have been treating. Once the numbers in hospitals start to reduce then we should like I said, see real improvements. There will probably be a mini lift again as more people start to mingle, but reducing the unnecessary contact is going to be key, like keeping offices closed and continue to work from home, and like you say not allowing mass gatherings until there is a clear sign that the transmission of the illness is extremely low. There might not be any fans at football next season, but there’s always the chance there might be. I think we need to see a significant drop in transmission numbers, then I think scientists may be able to make some good predictions. It’s too early to at the moment, as the transmission rate is still relatively high. 

11 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Not strictly true. There’s yet to be a vaccine for SARS the baby brother of coronavirus, I appreciate the numbers were far inferior in terms the rate the infection spread, but there is always the possibility of the illness diminishing itself due to the efforts made so far to reduce transmission. Personally I think the worst is over (I say grabbing the biggest wooden tree). Initially we ****ed up, but we’re an island, unlike mainland Europe who have a much greater risk of a second wave, if we’re strict with movement between nations, and continue to be cautious with the reopening of the country by the winter we may be somewhere close to normal. Once the infection rate really slows we will be able to really start to see a road to recovery.

Im no expert but personally the key is the hospitals, it seems the accelerate in those environments, and it’s only natural due to the amount of patients they have been treating. Once the numbers in hospitals start to reduce then we should like I said, see real improvements. There will probably be a mini lift again as more people start to mingle, but reducing the unnecessary contact is going to be key, like keeping offices closed and continue to work from home, and like you say not allowing mass gatherings until there is a clear sign that the transmission of the illness is extremely low. There might not be any fans at football next season, but there’s always the chance there might be. I think we need to see a significant drop in transmission numbers, then I think scientists may be able to make some good predictions. It’s too early to at the moment, as the transmission rate is still relatively high. 

...that is where you go when you have contracted the virus!!

The fact that hospital staff have been infected due to not having the correct PPE is a crime and we will have to take a long look at this in the fullness of time.

Telegraph

Police concern about ditching neutral venue plan and crowds gathering threatens resumption
Premier League still has to convince police that playing at the usual home and away venues would not put local forces under extra strain

By
Sam Dean
 and 
James Ducker,
 NORTHERN FOOTBALL CORRESPONDENT
13 May 2020 • 6:13pm
Key police figures are holding crucial talks with forces across the country about the dangers of scrapping the plan to play Premier League matches at neutral venues, with the issue still hanging in the balance despite widespread opposition from those within the game.

Telegraph Sport understands that, despite positive talks between the football authorities, Government and police on Monday night, the situation remains a long way from being resolved due to widespread concerns that supporters will flock to grounds for matches.

The Premier League must still convince key police figures, including Britain’s most senior football police officer Mark Roberts, that playing at the usual home and away venues would not put local forces under any extra strain.

Roberts, who previously told clubs complaining about playing in neutral venues to “get a grip”, is in the process of speaking to those forces as he assesses the risks of policing matches that are played behind closed doors.

In comments that will come as a blow to the Premier League’s Project Restart ambitions, the chief constable of Greater Manchester Police said on Wednesday that he is “fearful” of supporters going to games, whether they are held at home grounds or neutral venues.

“What we are fearful of is that people will turn up either at neutral grounds or at home grounds and that could be particularly problematic,” said Ian Hopkins.

“There are some quite tricky fixtures potentially. Liverpool coming to Man City I have no doubt would attract crowds, whether they are allowed in the ground or not. It needs very, very careful thinking through.

“We’ve all got to get to a position where it can be done safely without jeopardising people’s health. That has to be the starting point for me.

“The next bit is what provisions can clubs put in place to prevent people coming - and obviously where we can use legislation where it’s applicable to stop that as well.”

Those comments follow an intervention by West Midlands Police and Crime Commissioner David Jamieson, who told Telegraph Sport on Tuesday that it was “inconceivable” that supporters will not flock to matches being held at home grounds.

There are also concerns among senior figures involved in the discussions that holding matches at grounds in residential areas would prompt local people to go to the stadium, even if they are not necessarily fans of the clubs involved or would normally attend matches.

Football authorities, based on conversations with clubs and their supporter groups, must present a plan to the Government and senior police figures which demonstrates how football can return without a detrimental impact on public safety or local police forces.

The police are a bunch of moaning nellies sometimes.  At Burnley, for example, they can close one road (the one they close on match days anyway) and two gates, and no-one can get within 50 yards of the place.  I believe your ground is similar.  So are many more.

They already have powers to disperse crowds and to issue fixed penalties to those who won't go away.  There will be no-one serving alcohol anywhere near the ground, there will be no noise coming from the ground, and they won't be able to watch it properly on TV.  If people do congregate, then they can remove safety certificates.  Why don't the police wait and see what happens and deal with it before they start waving their hands and shouting "I just can't cope"???

• Like 4

1 minute ago, dsr-burnley said:

The police are a bunch of moaning nellies sometimes.  At Burnley, for example, they can close one road (the one they close on match days anyway) and two gates, and no-one can get within 50 yards of the place.  I believe your ground is similar.  So are many more.

They already have powers to disperse crowds and to issue fixed penalties to those who won't go away.  There will be no-one serving alcohol anywhere near the ground, there will be no noise coming from the ground, and they won't be able to watch it properly on TV.  If people do congregate, then they can remove safety certificates.  Why don't the police wait and see what happens and deal with it before they start waving their hands and shouting "I just can't cope"???

Plus they can be assisted by the now  redundant match day stewards.

It'll only be idiots or none fans that will turn up who's to say they wont travel, now they can to neutral grounds to cause trouble.

I guess there are still grounds where ther is housing close by but I doubt they'll bother to step outside.

19 minutes ago, dsr-burnley said:

...it would be too late by then!!!!

They are duty bound to assess the possibilities prior to an operation, they would be negligent if they chose not to evaluate the potential implications in this scenario.

1 minute ago, Stevosevic said:

Why would anyone want to go down to the ground for a game they can't watch?

Baffles me 

Those that wish to do so, would want to be seen as 'loyal' fans  at the time and posting about their 'loyalty' by going to the stadium (despite knowing they can't go inside to watch the game inside on social media to try and impress others.. - I'd assume.

1 hour ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...that is where you go when you have contracted the virus!!

The fact that hospital staff have been infected due to not having the correct PPE is a crime and we will have to take a long look at this in the fullness of time.

This is very true, but a separate argument and one which I imagine will be reviewed.

I can understand going to the ground.

You can watch the game on your phone and "be there" when your team scores... there is a fair chance the players would hear your celebration.

Im not saying id do it (its a fair trip) but i understand why you would.

3 hours ago, Foxin_Mad said:

What if we never develop a vaccine,the WHO are suggesting one may never happen, they've never been able to develop one for hiv in 40 odd years, and that's for a virus that doesn't mutate.

16 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

What if we never develop a vaccine,the WHO are suggesting one may never happen, they've never been able to develop one for hiv in 40 odd years, and that's for a virus that doesn't mutate.

HIV is fairly different and it does mutate. 

HIV literally hides inside of your immune cells and pretends to be "self" so it isn't attacked by the immune system/a vaccine. And we've developed a treatment that has been successful so far in preventing the development of AIDS and i think in a few cases removing the virus. 

Anyway there is always the chance we don't produce a vaccine. They're confident but doesn't mean it'll happen. 

• Like 1