Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
merlin1969

Philippe Coutinho to Leicester whispers

On 14/05/2020 at 02:19, SheppyFox said:

Loan...

Dont do this to us. 

What a sign of intent this would be, obviously there might be question marks over how he would fit in, so  a loan would be my preferred situation. If we got in a big name like that early doors, youd find that a few other big names would start considering us, that otherwise may not have. 

I actually think that if we have spending ability, we will be a much more desirable team to join now compared to after we won the league. Which in theory means this is the most attractive our club has ever been in its history... madness

• Like 4

17 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

Dont do this to us. 

What a sign of intent this would be, obviously there might be question marks over how he would fit in, so  a loan would be my preferred situation. If we got in a big name like that early doors, youd find that a few other big names would start considering us, that otherwise may not have. 

I actually think that if we have spending ability, we will be a much more desirable team to join now compared to after we won the league. Which in theory means this is the most attractive our club has ever been in its history... madness

Loan wouldn't be my preferred situation. 

If he plays as well as how we know he can in the PL it won't be a Youri situation where his price is hiked a little bit but we still end up getting him. We'd be simply sticking him in the shop window and I would imagine stand little chance when it came to the end of his loan in a mad scramble to sign him permanently with Europe's elite.

We need to push the boat out if we can. If he had no history of playing in the PL I'd be a little more cautious after getting our fingers burnt with Inler, Slimani and Silva but he already has the 'experience' box ticked, not only that, we have a manager who would know how to get the very best out of him. 

I think his career has stagnated a little as he is a medium sized fish in a large pond at Barca and Bayern but if he came to us, he'd be like that 40lb carp that stole my brand new rod and reel when I was younger -  just as costly too! 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Collymore said:

Loan wouldn't be my preferred situation. 

If he plays as well as how we know he can in the PL it won't be a Youri situation where his price is hiked a little bit but we still end up getting him. We'd be simply sticking him in the shop window and I would imagine stand little chance when it came to the end of his loan in a mad scramble to sign him permanently with Europe's elite.

We need to push the boat out if we can. If he had no history of playing in the PL I'd be a little more cautious after getting our fingers burnt with Inler, Slimani and Silva but he already has the 'experience' box ticked, not only that, we have a manager who would know how to get the very best out of him. 

I think his career has stagnated a little as he is a medium sized fish in a large pond at Barca and Bayern but if he came to us, he'd be like that 40lb carp that stole my brand new rod and reel when I was younger -  just as costly too! 

Hmm, I’m not convinced there’s any value to be had with it. Tielemans was different because he is so young and has potential to reach. I’d be very surprised if anything we paid for PC would be recouped even if he was very very good. It would be similar to Zaha, once you’ve failed at a big club it’s hard to get that move again. 

Given what they paid, they will be seeking at least 60m. It’s got disaster written all over it tbh.  If they were asking for 40m I’d be tempted, but I’d draw the line there. 

A loan with an option to buy at 60m, that will do nicely. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, adam1 said:

Will FFP be scrapped for the next couple of seasons because of Corona?

We could be a bit naughty and smash it to pieces...

You would surely think so. No one is going to get anywhere near a profit this year. 

PHIL-ING OUT 

Man Utd, Chelsea and Leicester ‘contact Philippe Coutinho’s agent’ while Newcastle also eye £71m-rated Barcelona flop

CHELSEA, Manchester United and Leicester have all reportedly contacted Philippe Coutinho's agent ahead of a summer move.

Spanish outlet Mundo Deportivo claims the Blues remain the Brazilian's preferred choice but Newcastle have also unofficially registered an interest.

The 27-year-old is currently on a season-long loan at Bayern Munich from Barcelona but faces a fight to return before the end of the season following ankle surgery.

The Bundesliga champs have the option to make Coutinho's move permanent but have so far seemed unwilling to meet Barca's £100million price tag.

Recent reports claimed boss Hansi Flick had been hoping to extend the attacker's deal until the Champions League is completed later this summer.

Yet according to Mundo, Barca aim to have Coutinho sold by June 30, three days after Bayern's final league game against Wolfsburg.

The Catalans hope to recoup up to £71m from a bidding war between Premier League sides, with the player keen on a return to England's top-flight.

Chelsea reportedly remain Coutinho's destination of choice, with a reunion with former Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers at Leicester also a possibility.

Despite failing to live up to expectations at the Nou Camp, the £142m ace has a number of clubs queuing up for his signature.

Chelsea look the firm favourites to land him after Liverpool rejected the chance to re-sign him over the phone.

Brazil legend Rivaldo has insisted Coutinho can get back to his best by leaving Barcelona for Stamford Bridge this summer.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/11686812/man-utd-chelsea-leicester-philippe-coutinho-agent/

16 hours ago, North Leeds Fox said:

Yeah, injured in training. Not sure when he is back 

Had surgery at the end of April to remove some loose bone fragments from his ankle and started his recovery period 2 weeks later, however now not expected back for a further 6 weeks, might be available for the final league at the end of June

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

Not really telling us anything we wouldn’t already know. People expecting us to go sign him on a permanent deal? 

Yeah I get that completely. 

But what I meant from my original post is that it’s agreed on all sides. 

8 minutes ago, SmuelMartin said:

Yeah I get that completely. 

But what I meant from my original post is that it’s agreed on all sides. 

Fair enough, I will take your word for it. Not a signing I want personally having thought about it in reality but would certainly be interesting, especially given Brendan’s history with the player. 

Just now, TJB-fox said:

Fair enough, I will take your word for it. Not a signing I want personally having thought about it in reality but would certainly be interesting, especially given Brendan’s history with the player. 

Every chance I’m chatting bollocks too mate haha! I’d be interested to see, especially what it means for Maddison if it comes off too.