Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
merlin1969

Philippe Coutinho to Leicester whispers

I got this today by email from the Sun Dream Team

"I heard it from a mate whose brother knows the player's agent's girlfriend"

In the absence of matches, football's transfer mill has started turning ahead of schedule. As always, it's difficult to know which rumours are based in truth and which are utter codswallop, but I like the sound of the Philippe Coutinho to Leicester whispers.

The Brazilian played under Brendan Rodgers at Liverpool and has been tipped to reunite with the Northern Irish gaffer at the King Power in hopes of reviving his career. Coutinho has struggled to live up to expectations at Barcelona while Bayern Munich have declared they will not be signing him permanently after his loan to Bavaria concludes. The 27-year-old's wage demands may prove to be a stumbling block but with the Foxes set to qualify for next season's Champions League, they may be able to finance a significant deal.

How likely is it to happen? I've no idea. But I'd be titillated if I were a Leicester fan nonetheless. 

Edited by merlin1969
  • Like 3

Finally found that Mahrez replacement? :ph34r:

If there was any truth in this, do we think he has the ‘billy big bollox’ persona? I can’t see it myself. I’d trust Rodgers to keep him straight. Can’t see Vardy, Kasper et al tolerating it. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, goody2028 said:

"I heard it from a mate whose brother knows the player's agent's girlfriend"

God I love quotes like that. An absolute classic line from standing in the queue at a bar isn’t it lol  

Means it is near confirmed, just need to players dog to give it the go ahead 

Edited by foxes_rule1978

23 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Means it is near confirmed, just need to players dog to give it the go ahead 

Well I heard from my neighbours brother whose girlfriends uncle said that it won’t be happening. Took it with a pinch of salt to be honest. 

9 hours ago, Heskey2011 said:

Knew it was a good idea to have a little look on here before to bed after another footballess evening.  Cheers fella 

Totally can see it happening, what's seanfromenderby saying?

SfE  says he's on the team sheet for our first game next season.

• Haha 4

I mean it ain’t gonna happen and I’m not even sure it should but this is the type of rumour we’ve been waiting for and if it doesn’t excite you even a little are you even a football fan? Get it done soon Congo, I’m edging at the rumour and want to release. X 

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

I mean it ain’t gonna happen and I’m not even sure it should but this is the type of rumour we’ve been waiting for and if it doesn’t excite you even a little are you even a football fan? Get it done soon Congo, I’m edging at the rumour and want to release. X 

Takes me back to when we were going to sign Johan Cruyff

• Like 2

Guest bss9401

From being unwilling to put their hands in their pockets for anyone resembling a decent winger in January, to then being linked with Coutinho?

Nope, never going to happen.