Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
merlin1969

Philippe Coutinho to Leicester whispers

Don't see how he fits in unless Maddison goes. Maddison and Tielemans don't really work as a pair unless we're miles better than the team we're playing so I can't see him displacing one of those

5 hours ago, Stadt said:

Don't see how he fits in unless Maddison goes. Maddison and Tielemans don't really work as a pair unless we're miles better than the team we're playing so I can't see him displacing one of those

I think BR would play him wide 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ALC Fox said:

Gives him another year on the same big contract at Barca while playing CL football under a manager who knows how to get the best out of him. Regardless of who covers what percentage of his wages, he still gets full whack. The only way he earns that after leaving Barca permanently now is as a forgotten man in China.

I’m not sure how long he has on his contract, but if there’s any left on it and Barca want to sell him. I think they’ll have to pay the difference between what he gets on his new one and what he was contracted to at Barcalona (or come to an agreement with him and the new club). 

7 hours ago, Stadt said:

Madders would simply stick to his position. Philly can play wide left, which is where he spent a lot of time playing in the season they had Sturbridge and Suarez. BR prefers to play with two wide midfielders that out and out wingers doesn’t he? So I’d imagine it would be something like;

—————Vardy

Philly——-Madders———-Barnes.

But it’s all if’s and buts. 

32 minutes ago, Leeds Fox said:

I’m not sure how long he has on his contract, but if there’s any left on it and Barca want to sell him. I think they’ll have to pay the difference between what he gets on his new one and what he was contracted to at Barcalona (or come to an agreement with him and the new club). 

I wonder if Barca might feel they need to tickle us under the armpits re some future transfer dealings ......

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I wonder if Barca might feel they need to tickle us under the armpits re some future transfer dealings ......

Could well be true. Unless they rely on their pull and finances to be able to steamroll us when they do come knocking for someone. 

57 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Most likely end up at Arsenal or Chelsea.

Quite doubt Arsenal would take a look at him, particularly with his likely massive wage demands.

Think they'll be on a cost-cutting exercise now, certainly after not being a 'top-six' club any more and bringing some of their own youth gradually into the first-team squad.

• Like 1

My money remains on his staying at Barca (and excelling).

You have to ROFL at the idea of Maddison or Tielemans not being displaced for Coutinho.  In the unlikely event LCFC had any chance of bringing him in you worry about where everybody else plays later, because he's the first name on the team sheet every week.

Edited by Deeg67
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Its not that hard. 

Barnes Vardy Coutinho front three. 

The rest of the team picks itself and Perez moves to the bench. 

Yeah I would agree with this too.

Probably Coutinho the other side but that’s just being pedantic!

2 hours ago, Wymsey said:

Quite doubt Arsenal would take a look at him, particularly with his likely massive wage demands.

Think they'll be on a cost-cutting exercise now, certainly after not being a 'top-six' club any more and bringing some of their own youth gradually into the first-team squad.

They well still have more money and pulling power than us.

The only reason we are in the frame at all is more them likely Rodgers.

15 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

Not happening his agent has said he's nit even spoken to Barca yet abd wintvtill he's available.  He's not spoken to any clubs. 

It’s an interesting window re stuff like this - if the player wants CL football then committing to anyone in the prem before second half July could be impossible ....  surely Barca can’t wait that long re their own plans ....... he won’t be the only one in this position either .... and the buying clubs not knowing their budgets aswell .....