Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
merlin1969

Philippe Coutinho to Leicester whispers

19 minutes ago, les-tah said:

He releases the starting 11 way before Saturday 3PM even when it’s a wierd one.

Unfortunately its hard to deny this now 😂 

agree re match day line ups 

7 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Must have a source involved on match days.

I'd highly doubt it's someone high up detailing transfer activity though.

Agree re transfer dealing 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

That's not what I meant lol, I meant a winger who's specialty lies more in scoring goals and hard work. Coutinho is a luxury player in that regard as his workrate isn't anything to write home about and he's more of a weird number 10 as winger than an actual winger, the formation needs to accomodate him not the other way around. To me all three of Maddison, Tielemans and Coutinho on the field is a recipe for disaster, we would be more inconsistent than a runny shit. Already throughout the season we saw that playing Tielemans and Maddison together sometimes cost us the midfield, and that was with hardworking wingers like Perez and Albrighton on the field. With Coutinho added in, we would smash some teams by an incredible margin and then get walloped by Watford at home.

That's just my opinion though.

I know mate only messing. 

Cant see him coming here anyway, but if he does Brendan does know how to use him. It would be at the expense of another player, he wouldn’t chuck our entire shape away. 

Imagine the scenes if he joined though, our current squad would think wow.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Fightforever said:

No lol don't make me ****ing laugh. Some of the shit he comes out with you'd think we don't have asylums in this country:nono:

Jeez. You should be thankful for the entertainment. A lot of hard work and imagination goes into those constructs. Have to say Sean has gotten better with the time.

Just don't see much movement in the market this summer turn around is going to be short.

I'm not sure Man U will be want a long drawn out transfer saga for Maddison, we have shown with both Maguire and Mahrez we have a price and you have to be willing to meet it. 

Coutinho is a interesting one, lots of unrest at Barc at a broad level and they clearly want him gone. 

11 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Just don't see much movement in the market this summer turn around is going to be short.

I'm not sure Man U will be want a long drawn out transfer saga for Maddison, we have shown with both Maguire and Mahrez we have a price and you have to be willing to meet it. 

Coutinho is a interesting one, lots of unrest at Barc at a broad level and they clearly want him gone. 

I read the other day (can't remember where) that Man Utd have been put off Maddison by our tough negotiation history. Basically they would prefer to deal with a club that they can bully financially like villa and get Grealish.

I think we should be linked with players like Coutinho if we want to progress. But this absolutely should not be done at the expense of our young talents who we must keep.

Signing world class players alongside Maddison and co, with our world class facilities will be what is needed to go to the next level. Hopefully signing the right blend of players will prove we mean business and encourage our young player to stay and develop here.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Foxin_Mad said:

I think we should be linked with players like Coutinho if we want to progress. But this absolutely should not be done at the expense of our young talents who we must keep.

Signing world class players alongside Maddison and co, with our world class facilities will be what is needed to go to the next level. Hopefully signing the right blend of players will prove we mean business and encourage our young player to stay and develop here.

I would sooner have Maddison over Coutinho, Liverpool progressed after selling him, Barcelona where dissapointed and Bayern  aren't that keen on him, Maddison is only getting better, probably world class in a year or two. Coutinho will be on the decline.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, messerschmitt said:

I would sooner have Maddison over Coutinho, Liverpool progressed after selling him, Barcelona where dissapointed and Bayern  aren't that keen on him, Maddison is only getting better, probably world class in a year or two. Coutinho will be on the decline.

We've progressed in the years after selling Mahrez/Kante. Doesn't mean they weren't brilliant players that we wouldn't welcome into the team now. Just because Liverpool got better after he left doesnt mean that he was specifically holding them back or preventing them taking the next step, ffs.

Coutinho in the right environment is a fantastic player and would undoubtedly improve our squad. Its somewhat feasible because some of his best years were under Rodgers and we're likely to have CL football when the next season kicks off, and he's at a club who don't really want him. The only part of this which I have reservations on are his huge wages and how that would fit in with the squad here - a loan deal might be plausible but I doubt we'd be interested unless there was a long-term option as well at a price which suits us.

He's 27. He's at his peak right now and could still be playing at the top level for another 5-7 years - more than enough time to pay off any investment.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Fightforever said:

No lol don't make me ****ing laugh. Some of the shit he comes out with you'd think we don't have asylums in this country:nono:

He’s a professional troll in it for the sh1ts and giggles aswelll as supplying genuine ITK stuff. That’s my view.

Edited by les-tah

1 hour ago, Xen said:

We've progressed in the years after selling Mahrez/Kante. Doesn't mean they weren't brilliant players that we wouldn't welcome into the team now. Just because Liverpool got better after he left doesnt mean that he was specifically holding them back or preventing them taking the next step, ffs.

Coutinho in the right environment is a fantastic player and would undoubtedly improve our squad. Its somewhat feasible because some of his best years were under Rodgers and we're likely to have CL football when the next season kicks off, and he's at a club who don't really want him. The only part of this which I have reservations on are his huge wages and how that would fit in with the squad here - a loan deal might be plausible but I doubt we'd be interested unless there was a long-term option as well at a price which suits us.

He's 27. He's at his peak right now and could still be playing at the top level for another 5-7 years - more than enough time to pay off any investment.

I'm not saying he's a bad player, who would you drop to play him in our team and who would you drop to play him in the Liverpool team?

4 minutes ago, messerschmitt said:

I'm not saying he's a bad player, who would you drop to play him in our team and who would you drop to play him in the Liverpool team?

Is that a serious question. He’d walk into our team and be the best player by a mile. 

him signing is very unlikely but to progress and become one of the top teams these are the signings we should be looking to make. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, frany104 said:

Is that a serious question. He’d walk into our team and be the best player by a mile. 

him signing is very unlikely but to progress and become one of the top teams these are the signings we should be looking to make. 

Yes it is, you might think he'd walk in but you'd still have to drop someone, not sure he'd get in the Liverpool team now.

On 24/04/2020 at 12:32, gw_leics772 said:

Either that, or we just have different opinions. 

Yes but it’s the style of decisions that have made us successful in recent times.

Sign players with an upward trajectory, sell those with a downward.

This would be the opposite and in my opinion a Sven styled decision. What has Coutiniho done that makes you think he’s a better player than JM? Because comparing the 2 of them even at their peaks I don’t see much in it.  Let alone after years of mediocrity from PC. 

Its bascically just wanting him because of his name.  He’s a good player, of course I’d welcome him... but not at the expense of one of our prized assets. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, messerschmitt said:

...would drop Perez to accommodate Barnes on the right Coutinho on the left and Vardy Central!!!!!

Another alternative is playing him behind Vardy as the 10, as i have said before, instead of Maddison. As for Liverpool why would you change something that has worked so well.It will not profit them to bring in another player without upsetting their dynamics.

1 hour ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...would drop Perez to accommodate Barnes on the right Coutinho on the left and Vardy Central!!!!!

Another alternative is playing him behind Vardy as the 10, as i have said before, instead of Maddison. As for Liverpool why would you change something that has worked so well.It will not profit them to bring in another player without upsetting their dynamics.

My point was he wouldn't get in the current Liverpool team. I certainly wouldn't play him instead of Maddison and I'm not sure his work rate is high enough to replace Perez.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, messerschmitt said:

My point was he wouldn't get in the current Liverpool team. I certainly wouldn't play him instead of Maddison and I'm not sure his work rate is high enough to replace Perez.

....I would not put Messi, Neymar or Ronaldo in the Liverpool team, they have a style of play and a certain type of player which fits their dynamics.

Perez has a good work rate but bringing him in centrally is a more useful utilisation of his skills. Out on the right he is a weak link for us and it has been well documented on this forum.

1 hour ago, messerschmitt said:

Coutinho can’t replace Perez!! 😂😂😂 now I’ve heard it all!

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

He still gets into the Liverpool team every day of the week in my opinion. You’d have Fabinho partnered with Henderson or Wijnaldum and Coutinho a bit further forward. In our side he takes one of the wide berths, maybe start him left and Barnes right, or vice versa.

I think a lot of people, not saying you mate, disregard how much running he used to do for Liverpool. Bit like Maddison with us, lightweight in terms of physique but have fight and Rodgers has brought the hard yards out of both in his career. 

Love that phrase "hard yards". Never seen a player in a club managed by Rodgers even get on the field without 100%+ effort.

Sad that people don't see the work that so many of the players do off the ball. As if scoring goals is the only thing that matters and

not the two or three touches before that made it possible.