Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
merlin1969

Philippe Coutinho to Leicester whispers

New training ground will certainly help us bring in a higher calibre of player - not that we've been doing bad with what we've been working with - but it opens new opportunities.

Think it's one of the reasons Newcastle will take a little while to get going after their takeover, they have a decent stadium but training facilities badly need investment, they'll attract players with the cheddar but a few will turn their noses up until they fix it up.

If Coutinho is happy playing for a club unlikely to be in the CL or EL then good luck to him. Plus Stan the man will not spend.

22 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

For sure, there will be players that fly in "just for a talk", will see the training ground and think "whoa!"

If Coronavirus didn't happen, I could have seen the Coutinho loan deal happening. Now however, I think a player on those kind of wages is out of our ballpark. Revenues for all clubs is going to massively diminish so I think pragmatism and being prudent is more important than spending big and running into financial problems later on. Next years PL and Champions League money will be less than it would normally, plus lost revenue from home gate receipts. Thus I think it will be a quiet transfer window this time round with spending massively reduced across the board, with only the Manc clubs and Chelsea spending big. Even Liverpool I think will be fairly timid this summer but probably spend big the following summer instead. I think we will get players, but think signings like Lallana, Ryan Fraser, Josh King even are more likely. IE "proven" PL players that have something to offer, but not marquee signings.

Only counter point to this is that our owners have backed the club many times before. Cambiasso was a marquee signing, Slimani might not have made the cut but was a record transfer fee, and last summer both Perez and then Tielemans were record signings. But the King Power's main source of revenue is Duty Free at airports, and that must be taking a colossal hit right now. It's very understandable if we "tread water" for 6-12 months IMO, and as long as we keep the core squad together we will still be in a good place.

Hadn't even thought about the duty free aspect of all this..is that definitely the main source of income? 

22 minutes ago, Heskey2011 said:

Hadn't even thought about the duty free aspect of all this..is that definitely the main source of income? 

We don't really know because King Power is a private conglomerate. LCFC is 100% self-sufficient and does not require any outside investment, not even for the Training Ground and Stadium Improvements (testament to how well run all KP companies are). But if KP is having a bad time, that might mean Top doesn't want to over commit any more resources. It's hard to know what his future plans are, but it wouldn't surprise me if at some point he makes a one-off cash injection into the club. He said last year after his father died that he intended to make Leicester a "very strong team" and subsequently fired Puel and brought in Rodgers on a top salary, so it's not unprecedented he might do something like that in the future, even if it's through "creative" methods such as a bigger sponsorship deal from King Power themselves.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, W88DY said:

I'd completely forgotten about that account. The last time I checked was probably during our pursuit of Charles Aranguiz.

He's somehow got 300,000 followers which he uses to flog shitty mugs/t-shirts to Liverpool fans. Ridiculous that people don't unfollow.

3 hours ago, Danizen said:

I'd completely forgotten about that account. The last time I checked was probably during our pursuit of Charles Aranguiz.

He's somehow got 300,000 followers which he uses to flog shitty mugs/t-shirts to Liverpool fans. Ridiculous that people don't unfollow.

To spout complete b******s and still have hundreds of thousands of followers and be able to successfully flog a load of merch, I'm not sure if the guy's a complete p***k or my hero.

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, ALC Fox said:

To spout complete b******s and still have hundreds of thousands of followers and be able to successfully flog a load of merch, I'm not sure if the guy's a complete p***k or my hero.

What makes it worse is he’s from Leicester!

Just think this would be the massively unrealistic transfer, this story is purely being driven due to the connection of Rodgers and there is no other reason (realistically) why Coutinho would want to come the city. 

We're looking for rumours of a deal which will never get of the ground.

3 hours ago, Silebyfox_89 said:

Just think this would be the massively unrealistic transfer, this story is purely being driven due to the connection of Rodgers and there is no other reason (realistically) why Coutinho would want to come the city. 

We're looking for rumours of a deal which will never get of the ground.

Absolutely.

But I’m still gonna get excited thinking about it out of some misguided but knowing moronic hope.

But that’s the transfer talk window all over eh?!

:D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 25/05/2020 at 14:35, themightyfin said:

Not happening his agent has said he's nit even spoken to Barca yet abd wintvtill he's available.  He's not spoken to any clubs. 

I've been told Coutinho and Lallana are nothing more than clickbait 

23 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

I think it’s marv we have a clickbait transfer talk Department in Wales. 

You and your team may just help myself and @SheppyFox through this difficult time with What’s left of our mental health intact!

• Like 1

On 28/05/2020 at 12:03, Cardiff_Fox said:

I personally think the majority of transfer rumours are clickbait at the best of times but now more than ever they're just not worth investing in.

Just as every rule has exceptions, I'm sure there's a few transfers worldwide that are almost guaranteed pending. Moves like Icardi to PSG permanent that make sense on every level. 

But 90% are going to be rubbish to fill the silence, now more than ever. Not many footballers are going to commit to moves when so many clubs, even the big ones, could end up in all sorts of situations next year. 

• Like 2

On 30/05/2020 at 09:12, Finnegan said:

I personally think the majority of transfer rumours are clickbait at the best of times but now more than ever they're just not worth investing in.

Just as every rule has exceptions, I'm sure there's a few transfers worldwide that are almost guaranteed pending. Moves like Icardi to PSG permanent that make sense on every level. 

But 90% are going to be rubbish to fill the silence, now more than ever. Not many footballers are going to commit to moves when so many clubs, even the big ones, could end up in all sorts of situations next year. 

Apparently in this example though, it’s got to the stage where the club have asked the Mercury to tone it down. You are correct that the large amount of ‘news’ is going to be clickbait over the next few months 

• Like 1