Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nick

Who do you want Summer 2020

Maddison,Chilwell, Ricardo, Soyu, Tielemans,Praet,Nacho,Gray..!! Will do for a start.

Then lets see what our recruitment-management Brain Cells can conjure,entice,woo & slam-dunk as The New kids on the Block  for the KP promise land.

It will be interesting to see if 3 at the back is the long term solution, because that then influences recruitment significantly.

We'd be looking at having 6 CBs - Evans, Soyuncu, Morgan, Fuchs plus two. If Brendan were to stick with it you'd imagine they would buy Bennett and then another player to regularly play alongside Evans and Soyuncu.

Wing-back would be okay with Albrighton and Thomas on the left while Chilwell is out, and Justin/Ricardo on the right.

Starting two midfielders presents a problem - can you keep Tielemans, Ndidi, Praet, Choudhury, Maddison, Mendy and possibly a player like Lallana all happy if they aren't all going to play?

I suppose you could play Maddison at no.10 like Perez has done at times, but then your wingers will struggle for game time.

It's an interesting one. I imagine he's sticking with 3atb now to protect Thomas and reduce the emphasis on the available CBs' lack of pace. But let's say we win the last two games, why would we want to rip it all up to go back to 4-3-3 that wasn't working all that well before?

As I've said before, I think the club will go for a CB, right winger, a centre forward and a cover attacking midfield player. Any other additions would depend on players leaving (LB for Chilwell, holding midfielder for Mendy).

Although even a winger now leaves question marks over who leaves given the form of Gray. Would they really push Albrighton out of the door?

Interesting and hopefully exciting times ahead. I just hope the club moves quickly and gets in at least three of those four players by the season start date, which only leaves them 7 weeks to do so.

What has happened to Juan Mata? His he injured or has he left without me noticing? 

Might be worth a look if he's available, similar to Lallana would other some experience and seems a good guy for the dressing room. Wages could be an issue though and might have better offers. 

1 hour ago, RowlattsFox said:

What has happened to Juan Mata? His he injured or has he left without me noticing? 

Might be worth a look if he's available, similar to Lallana would other some experience and seems a good guy for the dressing room. Wages could be an issue though and might have better offers. 

He's been playing in Spain all season, think he's on loan but can't be arsed to Google it either.

40 minutes ago, DerbyshireFox said:

Still at Man United, bit part player for them, still used off the bench

Yeah my bad, noticed another J Mata playing for getafe a few weeks ago and assumed it was Juan but it wasn't.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, justfoxes said:

Watching a bit of the WestHam v Watford game plus when he played against us would like us to go in for Watford’s Sarr  got pace quality be a great asset I’m sure we can improve his quality 

Be a very expensive signing for someone with less goals and less assists than Barnes this season.

• Like 1

Let’s try shift some dead wood get some swap deals for players we can use. Brendan has said he like a smaller squad so all these players are surplus. 
8 players out and possibly 4 players in that can challenge the starting 11.

All these players need to be shifted on.

Diabate

James

Slimani

Mendy 

Silva 

Gray 

Amarty

King

5 hours ago, pmcla26 said:

Gray? We might as well see how the last year of his contract pans out after his recent performances from the bench 

Agree he has improved a little but if we can upgrade I’d sell him.

8 hours ago, tetly said:

Let’s try shift some dead wood get some swap deals for players we can use. Brendan has said he like a smaller squad so all these players are surplus. 
8 players out and possibly 4 players in that can challenge the starting 11.

All these players need to be shifted on.

Diabate

James

Slimani

Mendy 

Silva 

Gray 

Amarty

King

A few of those will leave due to contracts expiring anyway, the rest will go as and when. 
players in will be the priority. 

id take the Algerian Brentford winger and maybe a punt on jovic, if a smart deal can be done. 

am I right in recalling Brendan saying they we’re looking to bring in 3 attackers, so that’s exciting hopefully. 

Edited by JJS84

1 hour ago, Wortho said:

Good player but not sure he’s good enough for the prem

Just shy of 30 goal involvements in 77  PL appearances for fairly poor Newcastle and Fulham sides..... Not too bad really. 

Edited by Foxy_Bear

Mitrovic is the sort of player you just know defenders on other teams roll their eyes and say "Fuch!" when they see him on the team sheet.  He's annoying to play against.

I want more players like that.

2 hours ago, Wortho said:

Good player but not sure he’s good enough for the prem

Can see the logic in this, misses a lot of chances which he gets away with in the Championship. He's struggled a bit in the past in the EPL because his conversion rate just isn't where it needs to be for an EPL striker.

14 hours ago, pmcla26 said:

Gray? We might as well see how the last year of his contract pans out after his recent performances from the bench 

We might be looking at a summer with no CL money, and no investment from player sales (Chilwell's injury complicates matters, and Grealish will be seen as a more ideal alternative than Maddison). If we can get £10-£15 million from Gray that could be crucial.