Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nick

Who do you want Summer 2020

13 hours ago, Swarles Barkley said:

Huge huge summer. Need a good 6/7 players to cope with europa

striker, 2 wingers, cm, cb at bare bare minimum

see that we’ve triggered the buy clause for bennett so thats one down i guess lol 

..I thought it had to be five starts to trigger the buy option!!!

He has had three starts and United game would be the fourth so we cannot trigger the option this season.

Edited by sacreblueits442

I wouldn't mind seeing us exploit the loan market for once, given we might need 4-5 new players to mount another challenge for the top 6/7 we will need to juggle how we go about getting such players in. I think a mixture of the odd free transfer (Malang Sarr!!!) and a loan or two (Jovic). There might be many clubs who through underperforming this season and the pandemic mean they need shot of players and that opens up the possibility of loans, we have had to loan out many of our flops before and it doesn't automatically mean they will flop for us, there's definitely some quality out there from this avenue.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, MPH said:

i can only assume we didn’t go for any wingers in the summer or in Jan, because it was always Rodgers intention to go 3-5-2.

However, my plan falls apart with Rodgers signing an absolute melt of a player in Bennett.

He is simply not good enough. There’s no other way to say it.

Slim pickings in January. With Stoke and West Brom relegated, there's fewer clubs stupid enough to allow players of the calibre of Huth and Evans to leave on the horrendously cheap. We'll definitely strengthen in the summer though

Valencia selling everyone they can. QPR need Eze to go. Options there.

As I've said, CB and right winger are essential. Striker and left winger bonus. Hoping for young, talented players from Europe and not medoicre prem egos.

34 minutes ago, jeffschlupp said:

Some of you lot are going to be sorely disappointed.

There's a pandemic that has stopped us going to games. We're likely going to miss out on the Champions League. The player we expected to sell is injured and that could mean he has to stay.

We can't afford six or seven players. But more than that, the club won't find buyers for players like Albrighton, so they are staying.

Schmeichel, Ward, Jakupovic, Ricardo, Justin, Morgan, Evans, Soyuncu, Chilwell, Fuchs, Ndidi, Choudhury, Tielemans, Praet, Maddison, Vardy, Iheanacho, Albrighton, Barnes and Perez should all still be here next season. That's 20 players at a minimum. Then they've offered a contract to Mendy, likely because they can't afford to go out and sign a holding midfielder. That would be 21.

We're going to have to make do with a similar summer to last year. Four players. Minimal spending. A young CB, an experienced midfielder will both come on the cheap. They might spend a reasonable amount on a winger. A striker is likely too but they are expensive in any market, never mind this one.

Those of you saying we need two centre backs don't understand there is only a 25 man senior squad we can name. But more than that, how do you keep five centre backs happy? Morgan has signed a contract, he won't waste a year out of the squad, he will be 4th choice. The Club will trust in Thomas to cover for the absence of Fuchs and Chilwell, they can't afford to waste money on a left back that won't play beyond November.

Two wingers won't be possible because nobody will take Albrighton or Perez. And again, five wingers just isn't realistic in a squad. It will always be roughly two players per position, plus your third keeper and likely an extra midfielder and forward.

Some of these cover players you are all so worried about are still decent players. If we go to some shite club in Bosnia in the Europa League I expect Fuchs and Morgan to hold their own. 

We need some realism.

The pandemic is likely to see a lot of clubs loaning out or swapping players etc which was very much seen in the early 90's when money wasn't as free flowing. For us though our most sellable assets are all injured.

I think we should be looking to hoover up the quality free agents out there. The likes of Lallana, Clyne, and Fraser would be a start.

As others have mentioned, the new world is going to be tough to do business in, so get these boys on board, bolster the squad, off load the eight or so players which we all know are going to leave (those already involved in loans). 

Add a couple of bargains and jobs a goodun!

There is some reasonable players at the likely relegated clubs but unless there are some relegation clauses knocking about, or they kick up a fuss about leaving then there is just no value.

Nathan Ake - would be worth a bid but probably cost too much

Calum Wilson - I think he'd be decent cover for Vardy, knows the league, proven he can score goals, but injury record means any substantial fee would be risky

John McGinn - reasonable squad player but we'd have to shift a lot of players in his position

Jack Grealish - I don't think he's as good as a lot of people think but he certainly improves us, fee will be too high

Lots of young talent at Norwich but I think they'll try and keep them together for another season to come back up.

Need to be clever in the market this summer. Need to ensure big money is spent on wingers and quality, not 4th choice centre backs. Use of loan market might be useful, but then we're loaning from abroad where we don't know how they will adapt to the leagues, a level of risk.

They'll be a few English players that might want to leave in order for some football. John Stones in a back 3 if that is a long term plan could be worth the risk, are Loftus-Cheek and Hudson-Odoi going to get the football next season at Chelsea?

• Like 1

19 hours ago, lcfc sheff said:

Is there anywhere I can stats relating to assists from set pieces? Would love to find someone we’re just not scoring from them at all!

This is interesting as this was the same with Rodgers at Celtic, think we went something crazy like 2 years without scoring from a corner, wonder if this is just a coincidence or something more.

6 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

Joe Worrell still on the radar. 

Anything else you know of? I didnt sleep last night through lcfc related stress so feel free to PM me if it's top secret 😅😉

3 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I wouldn't mind seeing us exploit the loan market for once, given we might need 4-5 new players to mount another challenge for the top 6/7 we will need to juggle how we go about getting such players in. I think a mixture of the odd free transfer (Malang Sarr!!!) and a loan or two (Jovic). There might be many clubs who through underperforming this season and the pandemic mean they need shot of players and that opens up the possibility of loans, we have had to loan out many of our flops before and it doesn't automatically mean they will flop for us, there's definitely some quality out there from this avenue.

i think that's the way we will go, can't see us splashing the cash, we need to find value in the market.

I understand the value of prudence in this window, but is it not also a great opportunity to capitalise on a market where more clubs need money? Surely most Championship clubs, and many in the big European leagues with far less TV monies will be ripe for raiding. Get in there with 3 big signings that will probably have cost a lot more without the pandemic. Top...? Hello?

17 hours ago, Heymister2015 said:

Rodgers keeps mentioning a lack of aggression! Ibrahima Diallo does it for a living. Get him in 

This is the guy we should go for.

Been linked with him before, statistically a better tackler than Diallo.

3 hours ago, jeffschlupp said:

Some of you lot are going to be sorely disappointed.

There's a pandemic that has stopped us going to games. We're likely going to miss out on the Champions League. The player we expected to sell is injured and that could mean he has to stay.

We can't afford six or seven players. But more than that, the club won't find buyers for players like Albrighton, so they are staying.

Schmeichel, Ward, Jakupovic, Ricardo, Justin, Morgan, Evans, Soyuncu, Chilwell, Fuchs, Ndidi, Choudhury, Tielemans, Praet, Maddison, Vardy, Iheanacho, Albrighton, Barnes and Perez should all still be here next season. That's 20 players at a minimum. Then they've offered a contract to Mendy, likely because they can't afford to go out and sign a holding midfielder. That would be 21.

We're going to have to make do with a similar summer to last year. Four players. Minimal spending. A young CB, an experienced midfielder will both come on the cheap. They might spend a reasonable amount on a winger. A striker is likely too but they are expensive in any market, never mind this one.

Those of you saying we need two centre backs don't understand there is only a 25 man senior squad we can name. But more than that, how do you keep five centre backs happy? Morgan has signed a contract, he won't waste a year out of the squad, he will be 4th choice. The Club will trust in Thomas to cover for the absence of Fuchs and Chilwell, they can't afford to waste money on a left back that won't play beyond November.

Two wingers won't be possible because nobody will take Albrighton or Perez. And again, five wingers just isn't realistic in a squad. It will always be roughly two players per position, plus your third keeper and likely an extra midfielder and forward.

Some of these cover players you are all so worried about are still decent players. If we go to some shite club in Bosnia in the Europa League I expect Fuchs and Morgan to hold their own. 

We need some realism.

Agree with this. I don’t see there being mass signing.

You missed Gray off your list - I just don’t see a club coming in offering good enough money for him. 

Add to that we have a number of returning loans who for some reason haven’t had great successes and their loan clubs are unlikely to sign them permanently:

Benkovic, Ghezzal, Silva, Slimani, Diabate 

27 minutes ago, Poiseuille said:

Agree with this. I don’t see there being mass signing.

You missed Gray off your list - I just don’t see a club coming in offering good enough money for him. 

Add to that we have a number of returning loans who for some reason haven’t had great successes and their loan clubs are unlikely to sign them permanently:

Benkovic, Ghezzal, Silva, Slimani, Diabate 

I did think about Gray but I thought given he has one year left on his contract, and it's a contract signed 3 years ago (so probably a lower wage than others in the squad), he is the most likely of the four wide men to go.

Also if you're Demarai you are buoyed by some decent form off the bench and that will probably be enough to interest a club willing to give him regular starts - we would rather play Barnes and Pérez it seems, and both are better from the start than Gray.

Of the 25 man squad I would expect Bennett to go back to Wolves, Amartey and James to sort some kind of move out if fit, and then Gray goes for £10-15m. 

You make a fair point about returning loanees. In particular, Slimani and Silva are out of contract in 12 months so the club will be eager to get rid permanently this time around. Diabate and Ghezzal will probably have to settle for 12 more months out on loan.

If you look at that group of 20/21 I named, there's not a bad player there. All of them have contributed well when called upon this season, and there's a good blend of youth, experience, pace, height, quality etc. 

We all know the type of characters we need in each of those four key positions. A defensive midfielder in a Carvalho/Diallo mould might be more useful than keeping Mendy around, but as I've said before, I can see Knight getting a crack there given he would fill an otherwise vacant spot in the CL squad and can act as an Emre Can/Nir Bitton/Dan Amartey utility squad player.

Rodgers has ultimately said the club have budgeted for not qualifying for the CL. There will be money around, particularly given our high PL finish and regular TV appearances. It just won't be seven £30m signings like some people seem to be wanting.

• Like 1