Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nick

Who do you want Summer 2020

Jan Vertonghen officially left Spurs. Could be useful for experience, can play in a back 3 but seems to have struggled this season. Would probably prefer someone younger, as we already have Evans for the experience. If we plan to keep Benkovic then I'd probably think about Vertonghen.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Realist Guy In The Room said:

Absolutely.  That isn’t to say we can’t make the odd shrewd signing.

I think Deeney is available on a free.  As a plan b, that would be a great bit of business and add a bit of physicality to the squad which we clearly lack.

Deeney of 3 years ago maybe, now he’s a completely spent force at this level and I’d go nowhere near him. I’d think about that winger a lot more seriously (Sarr?) 

He’d look dangerous in a good side

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Realist Guy In The Room said:

We definitely need to make some signings that dont necessarily have huge re-sell potential but have the requisite amount of quality to make a difference to the squad.

We’d all love starting quality young lads but we need a lot so realistically we are going to have to be a bit shrewd and weigh up where was can bring in a cheaper, older player for the short term.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, martyn said:

Don't agree that Ismaila Sarr has "no end product". He has inconsistent end product, but I've seen him lay on plenty of chances, and he seems relatively composed with his finishing, he doesn't just try and smack it.

Yesterday for instance, he laid 2 chances on a plate for Doucoure and Welbeck with intelligent cut backs whilst running at pace. He can whip in a mean cross as well.

He's the type of player who Maddison and Tielemans would love to play with as well as it gives us a genuine rapid option to slide in behind the full backs.

Yeah my issue is the inconsistency, as we already have Barnes who is very direct (I’d say he has no end product though).

I commented yesterday saying I wasn’t convinced with Sarr, but his pace on the counter supporting Vardy could be interesting in games where we sit back.

Think there are options from the relegated clubs which would add some depth but as always depends on whether they want to be a rotation option or a first choice.

Watford: Sarr looks very promising, maybe a bit raw. Wouldn't mind a punt on Deulofeu but don't know if he will be struck by injury. 
Bournemouth: Got to be worth asking about Brookes I would have thought, again will need game time but looks very promising. Wilson is available for £10m which seems like great business to me: he's had a bad season but got 14 goals in 18/19 and might not mind being a rotation option with Vardy and Iheanacho. I guess we'll ask about Ake again too.

5 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

Think there are options from the relegated clubs which would add some depth but as always depends on whether they want to be a rotation option or a first choice.

Watford: Sarr looks very promising, maybe a bit raw. Wouldn't mind a punt on Deulofeu but don't know if he will be struck by injury. 
Bournemouth: Got to be worth asking about Brookes I would have thought, again will need game time but looks very promising. Wilson is available for £10m which seems like great business to me: he's had a bad season but got 14 goals in 18/19 and might not mind being a rotation option with Vardy and Iheanacho. I guess we'll ask about Ake again too.

Sarr and Brooks would be a really nice combination of wingers to add to the squad. Sarr with the raw pace, Brooks a bit more like a Mahrez type with silky skills and ability to play slide rule passes, plus a left footed option which we don't have right now.

They'd actually be my first choice options (i think we need 2 wide players).

Edited by martyn

We need 3 players to improve the first choice 11/really push players currently in those positions.

CM - We need an all action midfielder, we are really missing a player who is aggressive and comfortable on the ball. I would sign someone like Nahitan Nandez from Cagliari

Winger - We need more goals and assists from out wide. Various players have been mentioned don’t really care who as long as they get the job done. 

ST - a player who can really challenge Vardy to keep him on his toes but has a different playing style and attributes. A player who likes to drop deep and link the play, whether it is a False 9 type or a Big man who brings others into the game. 

7 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

We need 3 players to improve the first choice 11/really push players currently in those positions.

CM - We need an all action midfielder, we are really missing a player who is aggressive and comfortable on the ball. I would sign someone like Nahitan Nandez from Cagliari

Winger - We need more goals and assists from out wide. Various players have been mentioned don’t really care who as long as they get the job done. 

ST - a player who can really challenge Vardy to keep him on his toes but has a different playing style and attributes. A player who likes to drop deep and link the play, whether it is a False 9 type or a Big man who brings others into the game. 

Yes, but add a CB, we have to have another, so storming the pick and mix, I will choose

• Midfield - Abdoulaye Doucouré
  • Winger - Victor Tsygankov
  • Striker - Loan for Luka Jovic or buy Aleksandr Mitrovic (Like him, no idea why)
  • CB - Milenkovic for some Serbian group therapy

Its £1 for a  bag of pick n mix right?

47 minutes ago, martyn said:

Sarr and Brooks would be a really nice combination of wingers to add to the squad. Sarr with the raw pace, Brooks a bit more like a Mahrez type with silky skills and ability to play slide rule passes, plus a left footed option which we don't have right now.

They'd actually be my first choice options (i think we need 2 wide players).

I’d happily take both of these for the right price. 

Just now, urban.spaceman said:

I dunno, you can pick out a few bargains here and there sometimes...

maguire-759.jpg

p37642.png

Leicester+City+FC+v+FC+Porto+UEFA+Champi

Do you think we'd get any of the good ones listed as cheaply as Maguire and Evans though? If so, I'm all for it but I dont want us paying £40m for dross.

6 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

There's no value in these Premier League players, even ones being relegated would probably cost us a fortune.

If there is any truth in Callum Wilson being available for £10m then I would argue that, that would be good value for money. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

Do you think we'd get any of the good ones listed as cheaply as Maguire and Evans though? If so, I'm all for it but I dont want us paying £40m for dross.

Probably not - Hull and especially WBA were crazy to let them leave for that low in the first place. Of the relegated defenders this season maybe Ake would be worth a shout and we would probably be able to negotiate a decent fee, but we can't compete with Man City financially if they're gonna just splash £35m on him. 

Horrible to say, but surely Bournemouth are the most at risk (Not because of selfish beach dwellers this time) as their TV money reliance is very high. So shopping there if they have decent players like Brooks would make sense.

Edited by Dahnsouff

Evander Ferreira - FC Midtjylland

The prem would obviously be a massive jump up from the Danish league, however seems to have great technical ability, good long shots and weight of pass. Very similar to Maddison in that he plays centrally, but can also drift wide into the attacking areas. (Plus he’s Brazilian)

Obligatory skills video: