Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nick

Who do you want Summer 2020

1 minute ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

I know you jest, but with such a short turnaround between seasons we can't be moving at our usual limpet pace in this transfer window.

Transfer window actually opens today, so I suspect we'll see quick business on all fronts.

It's 10 weeks long this year, so there's time to do all of our business.

Prefer early doors though!

• Like 1

Just now, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Agreed. Always preferable to get new players settled in before the season starts.

Yep, Rodgers said himself they've been working on targets behind the scenes, so I'm hopeful.

I just hope the guys they've been working on were not dependent on us getting a CL spot.

I’m not saying we’d get them all, or we could afford them all, but trying to a little bit realistic, this would be my wish list:

GK
Schmeichel

Ward

LB

Chilwell

Thomas

CB

Evans

Soyuncu

Ajer

Benkovic

RB

Ricardo

Justin

DM

Ndidi

Choudhury

CM 

Tielemans

Praet

LW

Barnes

Gray

AM

Maddison

Perez

RW

Sarr

H.Wilson

ST

Vardy

Edouard

“Back ups”

Jakupovic?

Morgan

Fuchs?

Albrighton

Hirst?

So, that’s 4 signings in Kristoffer Ajer, ismaïla Sarr, Harry Wilson & Odsonne Edouard, all of which are in the right sort of age group, with scope to improve, and could see Leicester as attractive.

We should go all out (yet again) to try and offload the likes of Slimani, Silva, Ghezzal, James and Amartey, as they add nothing to the squad.

Signing Edouard, would probably mean the end of Iheanacho aswell.

The other one I would consider (although saying it out loud may invoke ridicule), would be a loan for Left Winger, Thomas Lemar............

In 2018 he was one of the most sought after left wingers in Europe, and moved to Atletico Madrid for around £60m. He has absolutely flopped for them, and now hardly plays. A loan may be viable (depending on loan fee & wages), Atletico want him off the books apparently, and he’d definitely have something to prove. This move would probably be at the expense of Gray.

That’s my wish list.

Edited by City1884
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, City1884 said:

I’m not saying we’d get them all, or we could afford them all, but trying to a little bit realistic, this would be my wish list:

GK
Schmeichel

Ward

LB

Chilwell

Thomas

CB

Evans

Soyuncu

Ajer

Benkovic

RB

Ricardo

Justin

DM

Ndidi

Choudhury

CM 

Tielemans

Praet

LW

Barnes

Gray

AM

Maddison

Perez

RW

Sarr

H.Wilson

ST

Vardy

Edouard

“Back ups”

Jakupovic?

Morgan

Fuchs?

Albrighton

Hirst?

So, that’s 4 signings in Kristoffer Ajer, ismaïla Sarr, Harry Wilson & Odsonne Edouard, all of which are in the right sort of age group, with scope to improve, and could see Leicester as attractive.

We should go all out (yet again) to try and offload the likes of Slimani, Silva, Ghezzal, James and Amartey, as they add nothing to the squad.

Signing Edouard, would probably mean the end of Iheanacho aswell.

The other one I would consider (although saying it out loud may invoke ridicule), would be a loan for Left Winger, Thomas Lemar............

In 2018 he was one of the most sought after left wingers in Europe, and moved to Atletico Madrid for around £60m. He has absolutely flopped for them, and now hardly plays. A loan may be viable (depending on loan fee & wages), Atletico want him off the books apparently, and he’d definitely have something to prove. This move would probably be at the expense of Gray.

That’s my wish list.

Really like that list. Along the same lines as what I’m thinking. I wouldn’t have Wilson, and I’d just keep Albrighton,

Also, I’d go for Castagne who can play RB and LB and is quality, so start off as cover for Ricardo whilst he’s out, then rotate when needed

apart from that 👍🏼

Edited by FoxinNotts
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, martyn said:

Dont think Harry Wilson is good enough personally. 

Why would we go for harry wilson when the guy who keeps him on the bench (david brooks) is probably for sale considering bournemouth got relegated. Wilson is only rated because he comes from liverpools academy he would be a solanke/ibe tier transfer, he's really not very good.

9 minutes ago, FOXYTALK said:

Yeah I've mentioned this too. Physical, mobile striker but not a donkey style forward. 

Also very comfortable playing on the left. Would be a great option as both cover for Vardy and filling an area of the pitch that we struggle in. 

Wilfried Zaha - Had a poor season but suffers from being Palace's focal point and often gets double marked. Wants to leave, and Palace won't get near the 50m they wanted before, we need to ask the question. Us or Spurs are probably the best he can do domestically. 

Josh King - Pace, power, versatile. Won't cost the earth.

Nikola Milenkovic - 6'4 powerful CB for Fiorentina, only 22. Depends on Benkovic and Bennett situation.

Viktor Tsygankov - Don't know so much about him but has great numbers. Left-footed RW, just what we need.

Jamal Lewis - if Chilwell leaves. Thomas has looked strong and is adequate rotation.

We will sign none of these obviously, because they're what we need.

We'll sign 2 CMs, a RB and a 3rd choice goalkeeper for £10m

1 hour ago, martyn said:

Dont think Harry Wilson is good enough personally. 

I think he’d be a good squad option on the right, assuming we sign someone like Sarr aswell, and use Perez as a back up to Maddison at no10.

I actually thought he did fairly well at Bournemouth. He had a good first half of the season, contributed 6 goals, dropped off after Christmas (but so did Bournemouth as a whole - same as we did), and was used sparingly for the last 10 games. 

We also fail miserably with set pieces when Madders is out. Be nice to have someone else who can hit the target / get past the first defender.

6 minutes ago, wardyfox86 said:

Wilfried Zaha - Had a poor season but suffers from being Palace's focal point and often gets double marked. Wants to leave, and Palace won't get near the 50m they wanted before, we need to ask the question. Us or Spurs are probably the best he can do domestically. 

Josh King - Pace, power, versatile. Won't cost the earth.

Nikola Milenkovic - 6'4 powerful CB for Fiorentina, only 22. Depends on Benkovic and Bennett situation.

Viktor Tsygankov - Don't know so much about him but has great numbers. Left-footed RW, just what we need.

Jamal Lewis - if Chilwell leaves. Thomas has looked strong and is adequate rotation.

We will sign none of these obviously, because they're what we need.

We'll sign 2 CMs, a RB and a 3rd choice goalkeeper for £10m

Zaha? Please no. Just no.

I can’t be doing with seeing him on the floor 20 times a game, then whining in every interview that he’s not more protected.

• Like 1

I like Sarr and Benrahma but i would prefer a left footed RW personally. Feel like it would give us an extra dose of unpredictability in attack.

Someone like Viktor Tsyhankov. No idea how to pronounce his name but it's clearly a matter of time before he gets a big move somewhere.

• Like 1

I appreciate it's effectively day 1, but I really hope the wheels are in motion already. Chelsea are showing it can be done. Devastating to see them and Utd pull clear with all their CL monies. I'm usually keen on smart, cheaper signings with potential for growth, but I really hope we show some force and ambition this time around. I think it could add a bit of much needed arrogance and swagger to the club.

3 minutes ago, wardyfox86 said:

I'd much rather have Barnes hit 4 or 5 chances a game straight at the keeper. He doesn't strike fear into any fullback. 

The reason Zaha gets kicked is because he's a threat, in many ways their only threat. He could join a team that have more threats and be more productive due to teams being unable to stick 2 people on him. Would rather have somebody in my team that needs stopping. He also has experience of being a focal point, broad shoulders, carrying the weight of expectation from teammates/fans, something we lack in many of our passive, meek, nicey nicey players. 

Who said he gets kicked?

Usually he just feels a defenders breath on him and then gets shot by the famous sniper on the roof......

The same sniper that gets Grealish every game aswell.......

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, City1884 said:

Who said he gets kicked?

Usually he just feels a defenders breath on him and then gets shot by the famous sniper on the roof......

The same sniper that gets Grealish every game aswell.......

Incidentally, Palace have the most bookings for simulation since 15/16 with 10 (Zaha with 4 bookings) so perhaps it is encouraged (or not discouraged enough) there. 1 booking per season is not good, but it's hardly damning considering a couple of his bookings were highly debated.

We've had our fair share of culprits with Vardy and Maddison both, inexcusably, picking up 2nd yellows during games for simulation.

Perhaps we look at some players from Burnley who have had 0 bookings, for simulation this season. McNeil?