Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nick

Who do you want Summer 2020

3 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Zaha is good but we don't have the money. I think the best we can hope for is Benrahma, and Brooks.

There is 0% we would get Zaha even if we spent every penny available in the fund. He wouldn't want to come. 

Edited by hejammy
  • Like 1

Zaha is an interesting one, I think he will want one the biggest clubs to come in for him. But will they? Arsenal maybe but they've got enough in that position really and isn't a priority. Spurs maybe, but again it's not their weakest position. Everton will likely chuck money at him and that's where I think he will end up if he stays in England. 

I'm not his biggest fan, but for a reasonable fee, we could do a lot worse. 

For me we need 

full back- A loan player who can play left and right back for 6 month to cover Ricardo/chilwell absence at The start of the Season

1/2 centre backs, only 1 if deem Benkovic good enough. Gives us Evans soyuncu Benkovic Morgan +1 with fuchs and Justin able to step in as part of a 3 too.

midfield- if he goes a replacement in squad for Mendy or promote KDH? Or silva?

wingers- 1 at top quality preferably 2 though. Sell diabate and ghezzal to free wages up for this!

forward- 1 needed to compete and be good enough to be number 1. Gives us vardy, kelechi, +1, hirst and Perez can play there. I see hirst getting some game time next season. 

having said all of the above I cannot see us signing more than 1/2 players. I fear the window could be one of the most frustrating ever. 

Centre Back

Possibly another full back

Winger 

Striker 

No more defensive midfielders although an experienced midfield general like Cambiasso would not go amiss!

Most importantly new players must add something to what we have not just build the squad numbers..Hopefully targets have already been identified so we need to move early this time.

Essentials: RW and CB

One of (in order):

- Benrahma, Brookes, Eze or Sarr

- Demihral, Forfana, Ake

Ideally: another winger, centre mid and striker

Would love McNeill, Diallo and Eduoard (perhaps with a season back at Celtic or an agreement for a 2021 transfer to help the financial side of it).

As with most, look to offload Silva, Slimani, Amartey, Kaputska, and possibly Mendy and Gray if we find better alternatives. 

For me If we want to compete in the Europa League and the premier league next season our best starting 11 with everyone fit needs 3 new players -  if we are to play 3 at the back we would need another a center back taking it up to 4 new players in the starting 11. The squad gets bigger by improving the starting 11 in my opinion.

2 Wingers/Wide Players - 2 Consistent week in week out highly rated players that can play at Europa/CL level.

1 Striker/forward - Edouard from Celtic type of player.

1 centre back - If its 343 - mobile Centre back that can play along side Soyuncu and Evans in a 3.

Edited by les-tah

I think we need 3 and to bring a few through from the academy.

Centre Half, versatile attacker, winger

Bring through: Thomas, Hirst, Johnson, KDH and Bosworth.

• Sad 1

I still think there’s a lot more to come from John Stones (other than the errors....)

He’s clearly surplus at Man City

I could see a Stones/Evans partnership working very well. Evans the calm older head, Stones the quicker younger apprentice (of sorts)

1 hour ago, Realist Guy In The Room said:

If they’re serious about being top 6 mainstays, gotta spend at least £200m.

£200M is a lot. Certainly sounds a lot. But villa spent £100m last summer. If we want to add quality players to key positions to actual improve the team rather than the squad, we are looking at a striker, a winger and a centre back, and we will need to spend £120m+ to get the right calibre of players in.

• Like 1

We desperately need a CB, a winger and a striker as a minimum. If chilwell goes we also need a LB.

LB for me I would do whatever it took to get telles!

id like a left footed winger personally.

striker wise, getting someone young would be great but I think it all depends on our financial situation and balancing things out - players like Wilson at 10m or giroud for next to nothing, whilst not long term, would be good business.

CB doesn’t need to be a worldie, just someone capable of stepping in when needed.

13 minutes ago, FOXSE said:

£200M is a lot. Certainly sounds a lot. But villa spent £100m last summer. If we want to add quality players to key positions to actual improve the team rather than the squad, we are looking at a striker, a winger and a centre back, and we will need to spend £120m+ to get the right calibre of players in.

Absolutely.  That isn’t to say we can’t make the odd shrewd signing.

I think Deeney is available on a free.  As a plan b, that would be a great bit of business and add a bit of physicality to the squad which we clearly lack.

10 minutes ago, dooflip said:

We desperately need a CB, a winger and a striker as a minimum. If chilwell goes we also need a LB.

LB for me I would do whatever it took to get telles!

id like a left footed winger personally.

striker wise, getting someone young would be great but I think it all depends on our financial situation and balancing things out - players like Wilson at 10m or giroud for next to nothing, whilst not long term, would be good business.

CB doesn’t need to be a worldie, just someone capable of stepping in when needed.

We definitely need to make some signings that dont necessarily have huge re-sell potential but have the requisite amount of quality to make a difference to the squad.

• Like 2