Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nick

Who do you want Summer 2020

29 minutes ago, rachhere said:

Palace are in a right mess if Zaha does force a move.

I think it would be of huge benefit for Barnes to learn off a more experienced winger like him, so would be very much up for this. 

Sarr would be more our typical kind of signing though. I am not sure on him though - he obviously has huge potential but still inconsistent, and that’s why we are struggling of late isn’t it - inconsistency.

Anyone know if Ake has a release clause? Seeing we were interested in him before, can definitely see that one happening (and hopefully at a reduced fee, mirroring our Jonny Evans signing). 

Zaha is definitely leaving this summer, 100%.

Ake was reported to be going to Man City a few days ago, fee agreed with Bournemouth of 35m.

3 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

Zaha is so overrated would much rather have someone like Sarr or Saint-Maximin and I think they will be a lot more affordable as well.

Sarr is a good shout actually. I'd love him here. 

Ake would be a brilliant signing, but I think Man City will pick him up this summer unfortunately.

Really like the look of Wesley Fofana at Saint Etienne for centre back. He reads the game well, is good in the air and a solid tackler. Puel rates him very highly and despite all his flaws, Claude is excellent at identifying good young players and developing them (Chilwell, Barnes, Maddison, Choudhury). Fofana is only 19 as well, so wouldn't expect to walk straight into the team and can be moulded as a long term replacement for Evans.

• Like 2

I’m not sure of Sarr being what we need - a winger who can finish and provide that final ball consistently - and the same with Saint-Maximin. 

Even though he’s unproven, I must admit i’m a fan of Benrahma at Brenford. 

We also need to seriously start thinking about a Vardy successor, he’s 33 now and dare I say it, no way near as fast as he has been in previous seasons and it was noticeable today. 

another CB, winger and young striker and I think we’re not far off a very good side.

• Like 1

The trick is do you go with the hard sell now and tell potential players - you're here to help us in Europe but also keep us there. Means spending, though.

Or do you let the Europe campaign play out and see where you're at.

If Ake is going to Man City, that means one of their defenders is going. John Stones maybe? He'll have something to prove. 

30 minutes ago, fox_up_north said:

The trick is do you go with the hard sell now and tell potential players - you're here to help us in Europe but also keep us there. Means spending, though.

Or do you let the Europe campaign play out and see where you're at.

If Ake is going to Man City, that means one of their defenders is going. John Stones maybe? He'll have something to prove. 

They're short of a CB since letting Kompany go. However I do think they'll sign another CB, Koulibaly perhaps? So if they do sign two, Stones or Otamendi will probably be leaving.

I'd be interested to see what the asking price will be for Zaha given that they were apparently after £80m for him last summer. I think he'd probably improve us but unless they've had a really serious change of heart there's almost certainly better value for money to be found elsewhere.

It will be interesting to see what the budget will be. I would take Eze and Benrahma in a heartbeat, but I imagine you’d be looking at £45-50m combined to bring both of them in, and they won’t be short of suitors - European football isn’t a bad incentive to wave in their direction mind! Potentially Ismailia Sarr if Benrahma doesn’t come off. If there’s a chance of Malang Sarr on a free then it’s certainly worth asking the question. I’m struggling with centre half options beyond that. Can we afford Demiral, and if so, when is he going to be fit to play given his injury in January. Ake has a more realistic fee than last summer, but realistically we won’t be able to compete with Man City if they are in for him. A Huth type character would be ideal to rattle a few cages (opposition and within the ranks) but there’s not many of those characters around nowadays. In terms of a big sale, Chilwell would be the likeliest to go, but we would have to replace him and that wouldn’t be cheap either. Not fair to leave Thomas with no back up or play a full season at this stage in his development. 

If we sell Chilwell, I've seen enough flashes from Justin to think he might be pretty decent at left back.  Absolutely you want to bring in another wide player who can play fullback, especially with Pereira's injury situation, but I'm not sure it has to be a "like for like" replacement.  A healthy Pereira, Justin and Thomas isn't a bad trio to work with, but you definitely need another option for cover (a better one than Fuchs).  As for Thomas, he showed flashes and he certainly seems like a good crosser of the ball, but I'm not convinced he isn't better playing higher up the pitch.  Maybe he works as a wingback in a three at the back setup.