Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nick

Who do you want Summer 2020

16 hours ago, Nick said:

I’ve bailed out Congerton here and sorted our window in full:

Real Madrid are hoping to raise around 180m euros (£163m) this summer by selling - among others - Wales forward Gareth Bale, 31, Colombia midfielder James Rodriguez, 29, and Serbian forward Luka Jovic, 22. (Marca)

Those are some quality players though that could take us to CL

18 hours ago, Nick said:

I’ve bailed out Congerton here and sorted our window in full:

Real Madrid are hoping to raise around 180m euros (£163m) this summer by selling - among others - Wales forward Gareth Bale, 31, Colombia midfielder James Rodriguez, 29, and Serbian forward Luka Jovic, 22. (Marca)

Hahaha Marca is so full of shit. They'd be lucky to get £70 million for all three.

4 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Hahaha Marca is so full of shit. They'd be lucky to get £70 million for all three.

I think that number is way low, but the problem for Madrid is Bale has two years left on his deal and has said through his agent that he'll refuse to go anywhere unless his full (and huge) weekly wage is kept intact.

5 hours ago, Sly said:

I’m not surprised. He was very close to a move to Madrid, prior to Dortmund. His numbers don’t look great but I’ve been impressed when I’ve seen him play. 

Yeah I guess this season is the first season he's really started to realise any of his potential so perhaps worthwhile discarding his numbers prior to this season.

2 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

I think that number is way low, but the problem for Madrid is Bale has two years left on his deal and has said through his agent that he'll refuse to go anywhere unless his full (and huge) weekly wage is kept intact.

Up front, I think they'd be lucky to get £70 million. All three have had horrendous seasons, and especially Rodriguez and Bale are older, struggling with injuries, and on prohibitively high wages. It's the same issue we have with selling Slimani and Silva - decent players that clearly have a level they can play at, but the clubs at that level are unwilling to pay the wages they are on. Rodriguez could certainly come into a club like Arsenal and do a job, but they would almost certainly balk at his wages, and his transfer fee would have to be conservative for them to consider him over other, cheaper, younger, and less injury prone options. 

Now, if Real Madrid loaned him to Arsenal and he had a great, injury free season, they could probably sell him for a decent price if they set the option to buy well. But Marca is saying they will sell these three players for £160 million, this summer. It's impossible. Jovic is the only one who could muster a decent sized transfer fee, because of his age, but very few teams will be willing to gamble much on him considering he has only played one good season of football in his career, no matter how convincing that season was, after essentially flopping at Real Madrid and with the doubts around how seriously he takes his career (looking at his coronavirus antics).

Bale is 31, and unwilling to move unless his wages are matched (no team will do so), so his sale would be extremely cheap. I genuinely think that if they sold them all this window, they would struggle to make much more than £70 million - perhaps £30 million each for Rodriguez and Jovic, give or take, and £10 million for Bale.

• Like 1

Anyone think that a move for Zaha might be a good move. Offers around £40m now would be considered. Personally not sure, he can be unplayable, we'd get more penalties, but on the downside he's had a poor season, albeit in a poor team.

I like Zaha, wanted us to go for him when we lost Mahrez, he’s the kind of player that would get you bum off your seat when he gets the ball and I think would do well in our team. Still a big fan of Deeney, this season has proven we need a few more leaders and I believe he’d link up well with Vardy

10 minutes ago, RizLCFC said:

If we’re in the free transfer market then Ryan Fraser and a slightly audacious ‘Cambiassoesque’ move for David Silva.

didnt Fraser want like 100k a week or something and imo he isnt better than we already have, and i think Silva will more than likely go aboard for a big pay day, MLS or middle east for him i think

9 hours ago, Ashley said:

Luka Reischl.

Would be a huge coup if we could get him, new state of the art training ground and all that. Start trying to recruit the very best youngsters before they sign professional deals at their clubs, would love that to be the a new business model of ours.

29 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

didnt Fraser want like 100k a week or something and imo he isnt better than we already have, and i think Silva will more than likely go aboard for a big pay day, MLS or middle east for him i think

I'm sure it's strongly rumoured Silva is signing with the team Xavi manages in Qatar.

1 hour ago, MGLCFC said:

Anyone think that a move for Zaha might be a good move. Offers around £40m now would be considered. Personally not sure, he can be unplayable, we'd get more penalties, but on the downside he's had a poor season, albeit in a poor team.

If you get him for £40m that would be an absolute no brainer, would be surprised if he was available for that price though given Everton were prepared to offer around double that for him last summer.

1 hour ago, TaggertvsWise said:

I like Zaha, wanted us to go for him when we lost Mahrez, he’s the kind of player that would get you bum off your seat when he gets the ball and I think would do well in our team. Still a big fan of Deeney, this season has proven we need a few more leaders and I believe he’d link up well with Vardy

Probably an unpopular opinion but Zaha isn't that good. 

He might improve playing with better players though. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

He’s a very good footballer but doesn’t score enough goals. Technically he’s up there with the best wingers in the league.

Think he’d be different in a side where he’s usually only 20/30 yards away from goal rather than in his own half defending most of the time.  

I'll give you the technical part. 

Assists numbers aren't great either. 

For the money he would cost we could get better in Europe.

Zaha is ok, I think he's vastly overated but he'd definitely do better in a better team. 35-40m seems reasonable for him, but again the issue would be wages, he's on about 130k a week at Palace and I can't imagine he'd want to drop his wages. So for that reason, I'm out. I can see him ending up at Everton.

Some decent options for that RW position that shouldn’t cost the world. 

• Matheus Pereira - Looked class in the championship, and if West Brom don’t go for him would probs be my first choice.

• David Brooks - Creative left footed right winger, and should be available for a decent price should Bournemouth go down.

• Grealish - Most established and most expensive on the list but not sure where he fits, would be a very decent addition, but would mean more square pegs in round holes and all that. 

• Ismailia Sarr - Looked decent in recent weeks very direct and should be available for a decent price if Watford go down.

• Benrahma - If Brentford don’t come up, but again not a natural RW.

Edited by Foxes96