Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CloudFox

Wesley Fofana

29 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Haha fair enough. I'll make it up myself! 

4 year deal, 60k/week and will be with us in readiness for the Burnley game. No buy back clause or sell on clauses. Bonuses for reaching Europe next season and any silverware won this season. 

:brendan: :claude:

Sounds good to me Stan.

30% pay cut if no silverware and we don't reach Europe, no?

52 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Don't fundamentally disagree with any of that. Like I said, I posted similar myself in the Brendan Rodgers thread recently. 

But you either sack or back a manager, you can't just **** around in the middle, it never works. 

We either want to keep Rodgers, in which case we do our best to reinforce in the areas we desperately need more quality (out wide) or we sack it off and find someone to play a different way. 

Rodgers has shown throughout his career he's willing to die on the Total Football hill. He's not changing. 

It depends what Rodgers sees as his Total Football I suppose. IF it is like Barcelona as was, then I think you have to have some very special players in your team as Pep did.

My personal preference of what might be termed Total Football would be the much older Dutch philosophy ie the ability to play possession football, combined with the ability and willingness for long passes over the top and also feed the channels whenever appropriate. In other words, the ability to be adaptable and change styles within a game and not just slavishly stick firm to any one method. That also requires some very special players though both in skill level and also reading of the game in progress. I think Tielemans for example, if given the freedom, could develop into such a player. I also think it needs a strong orchestrator and reader on the field of play, perhaps like a Cambiasso but we don't at the moment have such a player. Perhaps Tielemans has the ability for that role too in the future but in the current system I think he's stagnating.

I have been very critical of Rodgers but in fairness to him, I agree with your main point, it we are going to stick with him he needs backing. To do nothing will not achieve anything and could do greater harm. However, who knows what the finances are and who knows who, for whatever reason they haven't been able to get or who they still hope to get. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, TaggertvsWise said:

Wow. Fofana & Castagne for less than we sold Chillwell. Retained Mendy. I would be very happy with that before the season starts with one eye on improving our attacking options after a few games. Just before 7 this morning TalkSPORT dedicated a segment to our outstanding transfer policies in recent years and this window (despite a few short sighted gripes on this forum) would make for further proof that as club, top to bottom, LCFC has its shit together.

Nice viewing figures then...

7 minutes ago, TaggertvsWise said:

Wow. Fofana & Castagne for less than we sold Chillwell. Retained Mendy. I would be very happy with that before the season starts with one eye on improving our attacking options after a few games. Just before 7 this morning TalkSPORT dedicated a segment to our outstanding transfer policies in recent years and this window (despite a few short sighted gripes on this forum) would make for further proof that as club, top to bottom, LCFC has its shit together.

Steady on, we still need a winger and until we’ve seen Castagne in action I’m not 100% we’ve replaced Chilwell.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

Thank goodness someone said it - I thought nobody would notice... And in the most relevant thread too!

FFS it's like a disease - at least I was being sarcastic about it.

you really are a miserable twat :P