Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CloudFox

Wesley Fofana

2 minutes ago, Collymore said:

It's quite rare for a teenager to slot into a premier League CB position. When was the last time that happened?

Do you think he might be an expensive development player? 

He's only played 27 senior club games. Personally, I think it would asking a lot for him to move abroad to a different league and slot straight in.

6 minutes ago, Collymore said:

It's quite rare for a teenager to slot into a premier League CB position. When was the last time that happened?

For me the only thing that lets him down slightly is his concentration. The premier league is very fast paced, if he switches off slightly he could be made to look bit of a mug.

Having said that this boy has all the attributes to be one of the best centre backs in the premier league if he reaches his full potential.

17 minutes ago, Collymore said:

John Stones, John Terry , Sol Campbell and Rio Ferdinand off the top of my head.  All 18 when they first played in the PL I believe.

I have read that Fofana has been tipped to make the French team before long so I am pretty confident he will play.

Edited by murphy
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

For me the only thing that lets him down slightly is his concentration. The premier league is very fast paced, if he switches off slightly he could be made to look bit of a mug.

Having said that this boy has all the attributes to be one of the best centre backs in the premier league if he reaches his full potential.

I think that is to be expected with young players, particularly centre-halves.  I expect that if he signs, we will have to be patient at times.  He will improve with experience and we will hopefully have a top player on our hands in the fullness of time.

He's pretty rapid by all accounts so that helps with recovering from mistakes.

• Like 2

He sounds like a great prospect. There again so did Benkovic who I fear if this guy comes is history. Described as a Rolls Royce at Celtic a decision has to be made sooner than later. Seemingly not fancied by the Bristol manager, (subsequently sacked), you have to question what the truth is. Surely he can't have been injured all this time, what was the injury, how close is he to fitness now?

17 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

He sounds like a great prospect. There again so did Benkovic who I fear if this guy comes is history. Described as a Rolls Royce at Celtic a decision has to be made sooner than later. Seemingly not fancied by the Bristol manager, (subsequently sacked), you have to question what the truth is. Surely he can't have been injured all this time, what was the injury, how close is he to fitness now?

maxresdefault.jpg

• Haha 4

On 29/08/2020 at 11:23, MrsJohnMurphy said:

Gimme hope Fofana

Hope Fofana

Gimme hope Fofana

'Fore the morning come

https://tbrfootball.com/wesley-fofana-would-be-the-icing-on-the-cake-for-everton-and-ancelotti/

Gimme hope, Fofana
Hope, Fofana
Gimme hope, Fofana
'Fore the Toffees come

Edited by Blue Fox 72
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Collymore said:

I assume he plays a season like Cags did on the sidelines (injuries to Cags and Evans allowing) and then steps up in a year to eighteen months when either we sell Cags or Evans starts declining due to age. 

Just now, Abrasive fox said:

I get the impression its dragging on a bit. Feels like we'd be at the stage of pulling out of it - he won't play Sunday now so imagine they'll gave other targets.

I don't think there are other targets, we've honed in on him. It's not far off. We'll pay 30m euros today or tomorrow and he'll be in ready for the week after next.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

I get the impression its dragging on a bit. Feels like we'd be at the stage of pulling out of it - he won't play Sunday now so imagine they'll gave other targets.

Most of our transfers drag. Personally I think we make early moves and spend a long time negotiating. I'm with @Ric Flair This will be all wrapped up by tomorrow lunch time. 

• Like 1