Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CloudFox

Wesley Fofana

51 minutes ago, Walshy5 said:

The only thing that concerns me is he's only 19 and never played in the Prem and looks like we could potentially chuck him straight in with Morgan and Benkovic both injured 

Isn't this the exact comment made about Soyoncu and look at him now? 

On 09/09/2020 at 00:20, murphy said:

The best people often are.  Let the weirdness in.

@fuchsntf would get on with him  :P

I am the light, Weird opens the Doors to understanding of The World's dishevelled, chaotic puzzle..!!

The uninitiated poor souls & The Murphs are still stumbling between the  mists of turning mirrors....:frantics:

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 1

something has got to give somewhere, if its money on him or tarkowski, this is a position that needs another player in. i'm all for value for money, but sometimes you just need to get the deal done for the best interests of the team

Edited by JJS84
  • Like 1

Just now, moore_94 said:

I get the feeling they are probably trying to convince us to loan him back (as Arsenal did with Saliba) but because we will most likely be saying no to that they are then asking for a load more money

I think if we do well Sunday and this deal isn't done, we will buy him and loan back until January. Then we will Loan or Sell Benko in Jan. 

Like a few have said, it's two games to get through with a patched up defence, against a newly promoted side with a Championship striker and then Burnley.

For me i'd hope our more pressing concern is up the other end of the field!

On 07/09/2020 at 23:40, jeffschlupp said:

I think this is done but they are haggling over the last details of the fee.

Fofana following us last week, unfollowing us, following Papy Mendy then unfollowing him too is surely a sign that the club have agreed personal terms with him and he's gone to ask Mendy what Leicester's like.

We're now at the stage where St. Etienne are media posturing to make it look like they tried their best to extract a big fee from us and tried to keep him, and City are just trying to bring the fee down or talking to them about instalments and so on.

We have seen deals like this before - from whispers I heard the club sorted Dennis Praet's contract in July and it then took them a couple of weeks, in between sorting Maguire out and other deals, to negotiate the fee.

I'm not ITK fwiw but this would be typical City.

This is spot on with what I've heard; but the technicality of agreeing the fee is a fairly big one as it seems the clubs are miles apart.

4 minutes ago, EnderbyFox said:

Claude #Puel : "Wesley #Fofana ? There is no debate. I took stock with him several times. He is a young player who played 17 pro games and that I took when I arrived. He is in the right club to continue his progress. He will stay here

Back to haunt us lol

Those with links to St Etienne have said they need to raise funds and Puel is on a collision with the board. The 2 sellable assets are Fofana and Denis Bouanga and 1 of them will be gone. We'll be back in with a 30m euros bid i reckon.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Those with links to St Etienne have said they need to raise funds and Puel is on a collision with the board. The 2 sellable assets are Fofana and Denis Bouanga and 1 of them will be gone. We'll be back in with a 30m euros bid i reckon.

this makes the most sense, it's not like we are million miles away as it is.

11 minutes ago, EnderbyFox said:

Claude #Puel : "Wesley #Fofana ? There is no debate. I took stock with him several times. He is a young player who played 17 pro games and that I took when I arrived. He is in the right club to continue his progress. He will stay here

Back to haunt us lol

out of intereste, when puel talks to the media after games does he talk about intensity when talking in french? do his treams all play puelball?

1 hour ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...I think he is too good for that!!!

He will go straight in to the team, the safe option at this very moment is a back three. Why would he come hear to sit on the bench?

Sure we will probably start with a back three, but we'll probably revert to 4 at the back at some point during the season when the team is fully fit again

Just keep turning the screw Rudkin. They need the money and we have other options. The later in the window deals go the more desperate clubs will become. Only Jon knows the parameters of situation around the deal. Besides I want as much cash at our disposal for shiny new attacking players.

1 minute ago, SO1 said:

Just keep turning the screw Rudkin. They need the money and we have other options. The later in the window deals go the more desperate clubs will become. Only Jon knows the parameters of situation around the deal. Besides I want as much cash at our disposal for shiny new attacking players.

At the moment its a buyers market, and our owners are no mugs