Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CloudFox

Wesley Fofana

If he does sign and we bin off the pedestrian sideways play across the back, then great news.  It is no wonder we cannot break down deep block defenses when we give opponents time to get the block back in place by playing pointless sideways passes across our back line time after time after time.  So frigging obvious really.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, dannythefox said:

I’m not saying this lad won’t be good but at only 19 is he any better than benkovic ?

Sooner have experience in a young team to be honest.

All depends on price and availability. Tarkoswki, whilst the more experienced, is being touted as £40/50mill. Admittedly I think they'd settle for less. Whereas Fofana is up for £20/25mill. 

13 minutes ago, ALC Fox said:

Was the 'Bye' not just him announcing the closure of those social media accounts?

Not that I want to p!ss on everyone's chips, of course.

Probably, he was training on his own in Paris last week though for some reason.

22 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

All depends on price and availability. Tarkoswki, whilst the more experienced, is being touted as £40/50mill. Admittedly I think they'd settle for less. Whereas Fofana is up for £20/25mill. 

Will Tarkowski be better suited to BR tactics though?  We have the experience with Evans.

3 minutes ago, fox_up_north said:

I suppose you'd say our assured and experienced is Cags and Evans, at this point, with Fuchs as the back up in a 3. 

For me, I just want another CB so we're not having to use Wes ever again. Next game I want the big man to get is his testimonial. 

To be fair I don’t mind having Wes as a back up in a 3.... as long as that back up doesn’t have Ryan Bennett anywhere near it lol 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Gazza M said:

We dont need young and inexperienced on this occasion. We need assured and experienced for me. 

I tend to agree, but it looks like PL experience could cost us in the region of £50m, which we won't pay, so it appears like a very promising young centre half is a more likely outcome. My main worry is we went down this route with the last 2 centre halves - one has turned out fantastic, the other not so good. Hopefully, if we do sign Fofana, he will replicate the former.

Edited by MGLCFC

2 hours ago, mozartfox said:

If he does sign and we bin off the pedestrian sideways play across the back, then great news.  It is no wonder we cannot break down deep block defenses when we give opponents time to get the block back in place by playing pointless sideways passes across our back line time after time after time.  So frigging obvious really.

Been saying the same for ages. We get the ball in good positions but we end up passing it back across midfield which just nullifies any threat by us

• Like 1