Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CloudFox

Wesley Fofana

1 minute ago, MGLCFC said:

Yes, this is a worry, but if he wants to walk away to Man U, Chelsea etc in 3 years it will be for a massive profit. Unfortunately, for the owners, this primarily is still a business and our business model, which appears pretty successful, is to buy young talent that have the potential for huge sell on value.

That is true, until we are a wealthier club and able to compete better with the top six richer clubs, it could be that we stay as we are and still win stuff, expecting to loose the odd player for a massive prophet.

3 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

Similar to us with Mahrez / DD though; once the player really wants to go and you've got a substantial offer in, what is the point in paying and possibly playing a player who doesn't really want to be there.

I mean, you're spot on with what you say, but they could end up with a completely disinterested player, still paying his wages and without the transfer fee in their back pocket. 

especially given they need to sell this window, so they keep him and end up selling another asset and essentially lose 2 players.

Just now, Ric Flair said:

especially given they need to sell this window, so they keep him and end up selling another asset and essentially lose 2 players.

Who else do they have who we can unsettle?

We should start trolling Claude by talking to every one of his players' agents.

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

We certainly don't want players who say its a dream to come and play for Leicester. I prefer ones that come to us as a last resort.

Yeah except, that’s all you’re taking from it. You’re not thinking about how you’d feel being a St Etienne fan. You also know that wasn’t my point. You’re just being facetious.

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

It wasn’t .....i wonder if he went against his agents advice too. 

we’ve been trying to get him for a while ......the fact we are now linked to other CB’s like tarkowski means we must seriously think it may not get done.  Suppose we will see the reaction from ASSE today ......

He did go against his agents' advice (see highlighted below).

But sometimes the principal has to take control of the agency arrangement.

3 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

Who else do they have who we can unsettle?

We should start trolling Claude by talking to every one of his players' agents.

Pretty much no one, they actually have a really poor squad, which is why they really struggled last season

€29m would be good money for them to improve the squad

Edited by moore_94

6 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

We certainly don't want players who say its a dream to come and play for Leicester. I prefer ones that come to us as a last resort.

Ric, I'm sorry to nitpick, but his stated dream is to play in the PL, and we're his potential first vehicle for that - he hasn't said it's a dream to play for Leicester, much as I wish that he had.

• Like 1

Just now, HighPeakFox said:

Ric, I'm sorry to nitpick, but his stated dream is to play in the PL, and we're his potential first vehicle for that - he hasn't said it's a dream to play for Leicester, much as I wish that he had.

Wasn't that the attitude that caused Pearson to cast out knockhart?

5 minutes ago, NaijaFox said:

He did go against his agents' advice (see highlighted below).

But sometimes the principal has to take control of the agency arrangement. 

Seems level headed to me, who would not want the move, especially with our success with French players recently.

5 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Pretty much no one, they actually have a really poor squad, which is why they really struggled last season

€29m would be good money for them to improve the squad

Just spotted they have a Guadaloupean as well. We've definitely not had one before?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yvann_Maçon

Just now, Barwell Fox said:

Player wants to leave.

Club don't want him to. So player then:-

a) Spills guts to a national newspaper

b) Hands in a written transfer request

Can't remember the last written transfer request being reported, seems to be a thing of the past.

Makes a change for a player to want to come here instead of wanting to leave.

Just now, HighPeakFox said:

And we know that we're not at the top of the foorball 'hierachy' we accept (some fans sadly can't) that the bigger clubs do the same to us. But this is helping us actually move forward sustainably.

But if he is choosing us over the proported likes of AC Milan then that's one hell of a statement for how far we have come. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Jakemoore said:

Why do we want this kid? He’s got a terrible attitude. If he’s willing to publicly state that he wants to leave ASSE to join us, he WILL do the same to us in a couple of years when Man U or Chelsea come knocking. Perhaps he’ll even sit in an Airport in Paris waiting for a move. 

The kid seems toxic to me. Talented maybe but toxic certainly. Walk away from the deal please LCFC. We have to protect ourselves long term.

I'll take three years of Mahrez like toxicity if he has the same impact and it results in the best clubs in the world coming calling in a few years

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

Similar to us with Mahrez / DD though; once the player really wants to go and you've got a substantial offer in, what is the point in paying and possibly playing a player who doesn't really want to be there.

I mean, you're spot on with what you say, but they could end up with a completely disinterested player, still paying his wages and without the transfer fee in their back pocket. 

Which interestingly it now appears that that is what we ended up with dd after the title win, and he was absolute dog shit that year. 

(trying hard to ignore the fact he has now been dogshit for 4 years since though) 

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

Honestly pretty disgusted by some of the people defending him. Absolutely bunch of hypocrites. The state of the abuse Mahrez gets, even though Riyad gave us years, gave us a title win, was forced to stay window after window being promised he could leave in the next one. 

This kid is 19 and already a senior squad member at a top flight football club in one of the world's most wealthiest countries. No matter where he goes, this kid is going to make more money for himself and his family in his life than any of us ever will. 

And you're cooing over him because he trots out some bullshit excuse for his greed? Oh, isn't he so sweet, he wants to buy mum a house. He'll get to buy every member of his family a house before he's done and half of ours will still be living in a council bungalow. 

He's acting like an absolute twat and a diva and not for a "once in a lifetime opportunity!" but for a pretty standard, regulation football transfer that he'll have plenty more opportunities for in his life. He's clearly not shit at football, it'll be some other big European club next summer if he keeps it up. 

That is the way football is now, you get what you can whilst you can, money talks, that is how the rich clubs work. It is nice to bring player through your own system but some need to be bought in and probably sold on if required, if we want to play with the big boys you have to play at their games as well, else fall to the wayside, football has changed for good or bad, so we have the ability to turn heads now.

4 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Honestly pretty disgusted by some of the people defending his behaviour. Absolute bunch of hypocrites. The state of the abuse Mahrez gets, even though Riyad gave us years, gave us a title win, was forced to stay window after window being promised he could leave in the next one. 

This kid is 19 and already a senior squad member at a top flight football club in one of the world's wealthiest countries. No matter where he goes, this kid is going to make more money for himself and his family in his life than any of us ever will. 

And you're cooing over him because he trots out some bullshit excuse for his greed? Oh, isn't he so sweet, he wants to buy mum a house. He'll get to buy every member of his family a house before he's done and half of ours will still be living in a council bungalow. 

He's acting like an absolute twat and a diva and not for a "once in a lifetime opportunity!" but for a pretty standard, regulation football transfer that he'll have plenty more opportunities for in his life. He's clearly not shit at football, it'll be some other big European club next summer if he keeps it up. 

You've all just been seduced by some kid pretending his dream is to play for Leicester. He's just tapped nicely at our vanity. 

Phew, I'm safe, as I never once criticised Mahrez during his airport phase.

• Like 3