Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CloudFox

Wesley Fofana

19 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

Puel is living rent free in way too many people's heads. Buncha weirdos.

It's a forum for discussion and people have their own opinions. 

Some don't like Puel and may bring it up from time to time as part of a discussion, in this case (Fofana) it's quite relevant. There is no deep psychology idiosyncrasies / flaws that our resident qualified 'psychologists' want to sanctimoniouly suggest when they dare critique a flawed and divisive past manager.

Edited by Lesta Legend

Puel putting him in the squad is no more than a posture, I’m the boss I say what happens type of thing, I  very much doubt the boy will play as his head will be all over the place.

The board really have to make a decision today, they are stuck between a rock and a hard place as either way they kinda lose.

Puel probably does have half a seat at the top table, he”ll have been brought in to do what we wanted him to do, nurture a young energetic side and get them playing football, which he could probably do in the French Lge tbf but in order to secure him they probably handed over more control than maybe they wanted, so going against him rocks that boat but keeping the player robs them of immediate financial reward, I know they not on the breadline but times are hard for all currently.

Fofana mentions Brexit himself which is a good point, no one knows how player transfers will pan out in the future, will it be harder to get someone over, will it be cheaper  etc but due to uncertainty keep the player and his head goes thinking that’s it I’ve missed the boat and he never reaches potential and they miss out on a nice payday, of course he could just sulk for a few weeks then knuckle down.

But, if anyone has been to where he comes from, Northern Marseille, its a rough deprived area that police don’t even go into certain areas and if he still has family living there, as he mentions, this move gets them out of there so I’d assume it will take more than a few weeks to get his head straight if they block him, rightly or wrongly if you take that opportunity away from someone they will down tools for you, I can’t stress how bad the area is and that will always be in his head.

So the board need to make their decision pretty quickly, I think they will risk upsetting Puel in this instance and sell, well that’s what I’m telling myself anyway.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

Puel is living rent free in way too many people's heads. Buncha weirdos.

9 minutes ago, Lesta Legend said:

It's a forum for discussion and people have their own opinions. 

Some don't like Puel and may bring it up from time to time as part of a discussion, in this case (Fofana) it's quite relevant. There is no deep psychology idiosyncrasies / flaws that our resident qualified 'psychologists' want to sanctimoniouly suggest when they dare critique a flawed and divisive past manager.

Nibble 🎣

3 hours ago, oxtonfox said:

I agree. He sounds a good lad in that he talks of wanting to secure his and his family's future. His family are from the rough part of Marseille and that's pretty poor so he's now got intent and the right attitude. I do feel for Claude P but that's life and we need him 

Securing your families future?? - wasn’t that one of NG’s reasons for leaving us ...

It’s laudable I guess ......

1 minute ago, Abrasive fox said:

It doesn't increase revenue does it? Just makes us look better....

Indirectly it does. Makes us look better to another level of potential signings.

Look at Bournemouth - gone down after a stay in the top flight with nothing to show for it. You have to make hay while the sun shines.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

Yeah - becoming clearer by the day that money is tight and the vanity project of the training ground is a bad investment.

That’s very short sighted indeed

• Like 2

1 minute ago, sphericalfox said:

Vanity project? The club are spending significant money in a training ground to support the future of the club, so we don't have to spend massively on transfers in the future, by generating and attracting stars of the future for our first team. It's not a short term investment but a long-term one. Yeah it's expensive, but the long-term return is needed to support of future model of income and squad generation and improvement.

If I was putting 100m to something I'd do on something that might increase our turnover before doing that.