Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CloudFox

Wesley Fofana

2 hours ago, Angus Scott said:

I admire St Etienne if they refuse to sell & make him honour his contract. I just wish we would do the same instead of keep selling our best players the minute one of the so called big 6 come sniffing round

If it costs them much-needed funds, you will admiring them lower down the log or even in a lower division. 

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Sounds like BS. No source quoted or that I can find, and he signed a new 4 year deal in April

• Like 1

Meeting held by St Etienne board members regarding transfer of Wesley before tonight game 

The promising central defender of the Greens was given a letter in the form of a call to order or a warning, on the sidelines of yesterday afternoon's training. Fofana took part without batting an eyelid under the orders of Claude Puel, who should start him tonight against Strasbourg. Before that, its situation will be discussed by its leaders during the supervisory board chaired by Bernard Caïazzo and which will be held in the afternoon. "

French media 

19 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

This reminds me a little of Maguires transfer to united, with a little bit more noise from the player involved. Hopefully its as inevitable that it'll happen in the end

That strikes me as an incredibly unfair comparison for Harry.

20 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

This reminds me a little of Maguires transfer to united, with a little bit more noise from the player involved. Hopefully its as inevitable that it'll happen in the end

How much more noise do you want ?

maguire was done once united paid us what we had set as the price - irrelevant of what we said about not needing/wanting  to sell him, they paid an inflated price that we set as something we couldn’t refuse and maintain a relationship with the player. From what I can see, ASSE haven’t set a price. they will claim no need to sell but we all suspect they need to get some cash in.  if we were at all close to the price they have to move at, I wouldn’t expect to see him play for them again ...... it depends how far we can afford to go and if there is a point where we decide to take up a different option. Meanwhile, the clock ticks and we continue to look threadbare at the back ......

That Telegraph article suggests to me there is money to spend on top of the Chilwell money or the Chilwell deal was more than being reported.

He states that the sale was necessary to rebuild the squad, but if Chilwell went for £50M and Castagne was signed to replace him at £20M, that only leaves £30M to “rebuild”. Sounds like most of that will go on a centre back, which again isn’t rebuilding, that’s just filling a space in the squad.

9 hours ago, st albans fox said:

The fact that Percy mentions we are after both fofana and brooks probably means we are lowballing them a bit on price which may explain his involvement over the weekend......  we likely don’t have the funds to manage a 25 mill fofana and 30 odd mill brooks as well as a couple more faces in addition to catangne.   

I think we’re happy to ditch Brooks, anything over £20m for him is far too much. Particularly when you compare his stats to Gray and only the goals scored are vastly superior. 

Unfortunately COVID has had a significant impact on finances, in some cases good, some bad. I think we will bag Forfana, bag Adam Ounas and then one more out of the blue signing. We can still have a productive window, even if we haven’t landed the main targets. I’d be much happier finishing the window having spent money on younger slightly inexperienced players, than over the odds on Tarks and Brooks.....

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Brenfox said:

He should hand in a transfer request. Yes he will lose money but if he is so keen to come then he would do it.

He will lose very little compared to what he will gain coming here.  They can just reject his request.  His loyalty payment isn’t going to be of significance in any deal. 

15 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

He will lose very little compared to what he will gain coming here.  They can just reject his request.  His loyalty payment isn’t going to be of significance in any deal. 

I agree. He sounds a good lad in that he talks of wanting to secure his and his family's future. His family are from the rough part of Marseille and that's pretty poor so he's now got intent and the right attitude. I do feel for Claude P but that's life and we need him 

3 minutes ago, oxtonfox said:

I agree. He sounds a good lad in that he talks of wanting to secure his and his family's future. His family are from the rough part of Marseille and that's pretty poor so he's now got intent and the right attitude. I do feel for Claude P but that's life and we need him 

I know, I loved this part of the narrative. It turns Puel into even more of a SPECTRE boss if he doesn't let him go. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ricey said:

That Telegraph article suggests to me there is money to spend on top of the Chilwell money or the Chilwell deal was more than being reported.

He states that the sale was necessary to rebuild the squad, but if Chilwell went for £50M and Castagne was signed to replace him at £20M, that only leaves £30M to “rebuild”. Sounds like most of that will go on a centre back, which again isn’t rebuilding, that’s just filling a space in the squad.

Don't we have additional funds over and above £50 mil? We've had net+ spends since the PL win plus players to be offloaded this window.