Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CloudFox

Wesley Fofana

9 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

Except man city in the January window?

They didn’t, Man City offered a package deal worth up to £65m (£50m and Roberts worth £15m) but we at the time were asking for £80m cash only so Man City pulled out and were unwilling to match what we wanted

We then softened our asking price in the summer and he left when they offered £60m, if anything we probably still ended up selling him for less than we wanted

1 minute ago, Max Power said:

Didn’t Man City finally bid for Mahrez on deadline day so we had no time to sign a replacement and thus asked for £90m? 

Yes after telling him in the summer if a club made an offer around that he could go. The circumstances are different slightly but every club is doing what saint etienne has done and we're no exception.

Just now, Abrasive fox said:

Yes after telling him in the summer if a club made an offer around that he could go. The circumstances are different slightly but every club is doing what saint etienne has done and we're no exception.

Not blaming St. Etienne - especially if we haven’t yet matched the asking price. Still time in the window but I fancy we might move on to other targets on the list. 

If we are at point where we are bidding €29 million, as reported, then Puel going to the chairman with a point he only wants dedicated players and a list of players he wants to sign with the money would probably end it at a stroke. I am convinced if it was West Ham or Leeds putting in the offers he would do just that but he has double standards for us.

Just now, Sharpe's Fox said:

If we are at point where we are bidding €29 million, as reported, then Puel going to the chairman with a point he only wants dedicated players and a list of players he wants to sign with the money would probably end it at a stroke. I am convinced if it was West Ham or Leeds putting in the offers he would do just that but he has double standards for us.

I can’t really blame him for being vindictive because I most certainly would be as well in the same scenario lol

3 minutes ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

Don't blame him 

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

Yeah but fans can't grasp the concept it's allowed to happen to us as well lol

• Like 1

2 genuine questions and an opinion to add to this topic....

Question 1, Do we actually know for sure that the club set a price for him and then went back on their word once we met it or is it just paper talk? 

Question 2, what makes anyone so sure that he's worth £27m+ when hes had about 20 first tem games? That's over one million for every game hes played. 

And my opinions..  

I personally don't buy the hole, "I'm a victim" card he is playing. We were first linked with him in April, around the same time he signed a new deal. If he really wanted this move, then he shouldn't have signed a new contract. 

Just now, SecretPro said:

Literally couldnt care less about this anymore. Dragged on and turned into the most boring transfer in history. Bin it off and move on.

So if it suddenly started moving and he was reported on a plane heading here for a medical this afternoon, (links posted by Liam), and he was caught on twitter by Big Daddy, you wouldn`t be a little bit excited.....

...just a little tiny bit.. :frantics:

1 hour ago, surrifox said:

Harry conducted himself in exemplary fashion during the negotiations ( in public at least). I think a lot of people dislike the fact that he appears to have gone full Man U tw@t since he left 

Apart from the bit around our dead chairman promising he could leave that summer… The agent would have got that from somewhere…

5 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

So if it suddenly started moving and he was reported on a plane heading here for a medical this afternoon, (links posted by Liam), and he was caught on twitter by Big Daddy, you wouldn`t be a little bit excited.....

...just a little tiny bit.. :frantics:

Then I might get a little more enthusiastic, but this is the stuff of fantasy. :P