Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CloudFox

Wesley Fofana

1 hour ago, Rain King said:

Absolute bollocks. Fair play to them sticking to their guns as we would expect to do if it was us. 

Difference is that when we asked for 80 million for maguire, we then accepted that offer. Etienne asked for 25 million, now they're back tracking. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Le Renard said:

St Etienne are standing up to a richer club, they either want to keep him or get more money.  Our club has the same problems when it comes to the bigger/richer clubs in the prem and as fans we want to get the best price for our players, so you can't blame St Etienne.  Now can you imagine the vitriol and bile written on here, if one our players young talented players said they wanted to leave!

We have to accept the way we have approached transfers as a club and take it on the chin. I’m all for the smaller clubs trying to extract maximum value when bigger clubs come knocking. Sometimes we’ll benefit from this approach other times we’ll be on the wrong end of a transfer saga.

On a side note I always felt that Harry Maguire never once tried  to push for a move from us and conducted himself really well throughout his transfer negotiations, but he seems to be genuinely disliked by our fan base. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Le Renard said:

St Etienne are standing up to a richer club, they either want to keep him or get more money.  Our club has the same problems when it comes to the bigger/richer clubs in the prem and as fans we want to get the best price for our players, so you can't blame St Etienne.  Now can you imagine the vitriol and bile written on here, if one our players young talented players said they wanted to leave!

We raised mahrez’ exit price over a few windows 

ASSE seem to have done it over a few weeks ..... however, they can justify doing it if we low balled them to begin with. It doesn’t make it right but it does give them a justification with the player.   Fofana wont see it that way and I suspect if another prem club comes in with €29m bid then they will sell to them. 

9 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

We raised mahrez’ exit price over a few windows 

ASSE seem to have done it over a few weeks ..... however, they can justify doing it if we low balled them to begin with. It doesn’t make it right but it does give them a justification with the player.   Fofana wont see it that way and I suspect if another prem club comes in with €29m bid then they will sell to them. 

But Fof will reject them because it’s his dream to play for us:scarf:

If early reports are to be believed I have no sympathy for ASSE. Allegedly Forfana was told he could leave if the clubs valuation was met which was being reported at £27m, all of a sudden it jumps to £30m once we get involved thanks to Mr. Enthusiasm himself.... Ultimately, it will cost them as he wont sign a new deal and will walk away on a free once his contract ends. It is hardly like they are going to challenge for anything this season, they're better off accepting the money and putting it back into the squad, over £20m is a large fee for them, and particularly in France could be re-invested well. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

26 minutes ago, Kevin Russell said:

We have to accept the way we have approached transfers as a club and take it on the chin. I’m all for the smaller clubs trying to extract maximum value when bigger clubs come knocking. Sometimes we’ll benefit from this approach other times we’ll be on the wrong end of a transfer saga.

On a side note I always felt that Harry Maguire never once tried  to push for a move from us and conducted himself really well throughout his transfer negotiations, but he seems to be genuinely disliked by our fan base. 

Harry conducted himself in exemplary fashion during the negotiations ( in public at least). I think a lot of people dislike the fact that he appears to have gone full Man U tw@t since he left 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

If early reports are to be believed I have no sympathy for ASSE. Allegedly Forfana was told he could leave if the clubs valuation was met which was being reported at £27m, all of a sudden it jumps to £30m once we get involved thanks to Mr. Enthusiasm himself.... Ultimately, it will cost them as he wont sign a new deal and will walk away on a free once his contract ends. It is hardly like they are going to challenge for anything this season, they're better off accepting the money and putting it back into the squad, over £20m is a large fee for them, and particularly in France could be re-invested well. 

This is all paper talk, and if Puel had not told his board he would prefer to keep Fofana he would be negligent in his duty. The decision to sell or retain ultimately lies with their board to which Puel can make recommendations, but it is not in anyway Puel making the decision. I also read that they have made a profit this year so are not desperate for the cash.

Agree that 20m is a good fee for them and would assist in the market they are operating in, but perhaps they plan the long game in this instance and envisage selling him in 2 years for 50m  :dunno:

Sure they still remember Saliba, a deal which Arsenal made far more palatable by the year loan back

5 hours ago, NasPb said:

Difference is that when we asked for 80 million for maguire, we then accepted that offer. Etienne asked for 25 million, now they're back tracking. 

Situations change though and in fairness, in this case, possibly because they then sold their other main centre half. If we were to agree similar with Soyuncu and tomorrow we sold Evans for a decent fee, I doubt we'd then release our one remaining first team centre half Soyuncu just so he can get his personal career move on track. Likewise, you'd expect Rodgers to also kick up in a similar manner to Puel and I wouldn't blame him. The clubs future should always come before an individual players wishes when it could do the club damage. Let's not forget that Etienne were flirting with relegation last year, why risk relegation just for 25m? I think they'll keep hold of him until they can identify a suitable and viable replacement, you can't blame them really. If the shoe were on the other foot we'd be whining too I suggest. 

16 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

He signed a new one in May 

he says he did that to make sure the club got a big fee for him ...... I guess he may have been ‘turned over’ by them .... who knows ???

2 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

This is all paper talk, and if Puel had not told his board he would prefer to keep Fofana he would be negligent in his duty. The decision to sell or retain ultimately lies with their board to which Puel can make recommendations, but it is not in anyway Puel making the decision. I also read that they have made a profit this year so are not desperate for the cash.

Agree that 20m is a good fee for them and would assist in the market they are operating in, but perhaps they plan the long game in this instance and envisage selling him in 2 years for 50m  :dunno:

Sure they still remember Saliba, a deal which Arsenal made far more palatable by the year loan back

I agree, the issue is they've offered him a new contract which he has refused to sign, if he stands firm they wont get anything for him as he will walk away. This is where smaller clubs have to be careful as their desire to hold onto prized assets can come back to bite them. I think they will let him go, but it seems they're not budging from the £30m, his refusal to sign a new contract may even force their hand. Now, I would be happy to pay that for a player of his ability and potential future value because we need a defender, and to get one of the quality we desire we are going to have to pay south of £30m so it is a no brainier for me personally. 

4 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

He signed a new one in May 

he says he did that to make sure the club got a big fee for him ...... I guess he may have been ‘turned over’ by them .... who knows ???

I was under the impression due to recent reports they offered him one a few days back, which he refused.