Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CloudFox

Wesley Fofana

4 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...strange that he would struggle to get game time in League 2!!!

He captains the U23s and so far as I can see leads by example, I still believe he will make it.

I imagine his age is probably a factor in him being the captain as well as he is the oldest player in the u23s

Contract runs out next summer at which point he will be 24, highly doubt he will get a new contract and will end up in League 2 or League 1 if he is lucky

I think we've all got to be patient, we're obviously working behind the scenes on transfers but we're not going to over spend like we have in the past on Slimani, Ghezzal, Silva etc etc. I'd be absolutely thrilled if we could get a winger and centre back over the line but i think the next 10 days are going to be boring for us.

Who know's, lets wait and see. 

28 minutes ago, dannythefox said:

We always want to sell our best players for the top price and buy our targets at knocked down prices, if he’s that good pay the fee and get his arse over here or we’ll be paying over the odds for someone who was 2nd/3rd choice in two weeks time.

Would you still just pay the fee if it meant you could no longer afford the winger you wanted?

It's not a normal window. I think there's a good chance that at least some selling clubs will lose their nerve nearer the deadline.

• Thanks 1

I don’t rate Rob Dorsett at all, he Is really slow giving out information and contradicts himself so often, he was literally told by the Villa manager Grealish had no buy-out clause Previously!

333C7B6F-0E85-44E5-AA61-1A87218CB862.jpeg

Edited by moore_94
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

I don’t rate Rob Dorsett at all, he Is really slow giving out information and contradicts himself so often, he was literally told by the Villa manager Grealish had no buy-out clause Previously!

333C7B6F-0E85-44E5-AA61-1A87218CB862.jpeg

“Could mean Grealish ends his career at. .....”

.... Manchester United after Villa were relegated in May 2021 

• Haha 1

Reading the latest stalemate or foffafel on foffana that st. etienne turned down our offer of 25 mil. So is it they point blank don't want to sell or that they want more than 25 mil? Is Puel playing hard pull ball on the negotiations? Sounds like the player himself is fed up there and really has his heart set on coming to Leicester and playing in the premier league. Hopefully the club can get this deal over the line so we can move on and get that new winger we need so badly.

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

Still interested that percy reported end last week that we expected to get this done by the coming weekend ..... he doesn’t usually get things wrong. Unless the club really have been blindsided by an agreement from ASSE that they have now rowed back on 

That’s what makes me think there’s more to go on this. I reckon we’ll make one last offer and that should do it. 

5 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

€29m is £26.5.  Perhaps we are still arguing over a small amount and they won’t accept anything below that as a point of principle .....could even be that we are not agreeing who pays the agents fees 

I agree. Didn’t say WHAT was rejected. Could be all manner of things. Maybe we had add ons etc that weren’t favourable.

1 hour ago, Raw Dykes said:

Would you still just pay the fee if it meant you could no longer afford the winger you wanted?

It's not a normal window. I think there's a good chance that at least some selling clubs will lose their nerve nearer the deadline.

Yes look for an alternative winger. We are desperate for a bigger squad if this kids any good he’ll be work double in a few years. It bad enough we’re probably not going to get a striker so we need this deal done. 

1 minute ago, dannythefox said:

Yes look for an alternative winger. We are desperate for a bigger squad if this kids any good he’ll be work double in a few years. It bad enough we’re probably not going to get a striker so we need this deal done. 

I'm just saying why not look for an alternative centre-half, instead? I couldn't agree more that we need a bigger squad, but we've got a limited budget and need to avoid paying over the odds. Do we need to get this particular deal done if there's another option that represents better value?

6 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

I'm just saying why not look for an alternative centre-half, instead? I couldn't agree more that we need a bigger squad, but we've got a limited budget and need to avoid paying over the odds. Do we need to get this particular deal done if there's another option that represents better value?

Yes I’m open to getting a different CB I think over 20m on a lad who’s played 18times is stupid money. Personally I think we could loan more players it’s something as a club we don’t do enough.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, dannythefox said:

Yes I’m open to getting a different CB I think over 20m on a lad who’s played 18times is stupid money. Personally I think we could loan more players it’s something as a club we don’t do enough.

...we are not guaranteed first refusal on loanees!!!

We are in effect developing another teams player and paying for the pleasure.