Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CloudFox

Wesley Fofana

Just now, lcfc sheff said:

My god what a transfer window if we pull this deal off aswell, more than reasonable 

Indeed, could an epic window. Just use this change I found down the side of my sofa to get Fabian Reese and we are golden. :thumbup:

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

Indeed, could an epic window. Just use this change I found down the side of my sofa to get Fabian Reese and we are golden. :thumbup:

In all seriousness it’s probably enough business without disrupting the team too much but definitely improving in areas of weakness or concern 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, lcfc sheff said:

In all seriousness it’s probably enough business without disrupting the team too much but definitely improving in areas of weakness or concern 

The 3 would be a quite amazing window, addressing obvious areas whilst also building for the future. :appl:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, JamesfromlondonLCFC said:

no because we dont have a wet wipe like puel in charge, and also play in a league people actually care about. i just dont think one occasion is enough to suggest he will be the same every time. 

We were in a league people care about when Mahrez, Maguire and Chilwell wanted out. The wonder of Brendan Rodgers isn't going to stop him dreaming about Man City, Man United, Barcelona, Real Madrid, Bayern and a pay packet big enough to start that trust fund he always dreamt about. If you reward behaviour then you encourage behaviour. Especially when someone's young. I'm not against us signing him but assuming he'll grow out of behaviour that has made him rich beyond his wildest dreams may set you up for disappointment.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Foxxed said:

We were in a league people care about when Mahrez, Maguire and Chilwell wanted out. The wonder of Brendan Rodgers isn't going to stop him dreaming about Man City, Man United, Barcelona, Real Madrid, Bayern and a pay packet big enough to start that trust fund he always dreamt about. If you reward behaviour then you encourage behaviour. Especially when someone's young. I'm not against us signing him but assuming he'll grow out of behaviour that has made him rich beyond his wildest dreams may set you up for disappointment.

You seem to have an issue with this dude making a lot of money, the way you derisively mention it every time. 

Just now, NaijaFox said:

You seem to have an issue with this dude making a lot of money, the way you derisively mention it every time. 

Not really. But he wants out of Etienne for opportunity and money. And when he arrives here, other clubs will offer him more money and more opportunities. The assumption he'll be happy here and want to stay, when that didn't apply to Maguire and Chilwell, seems like wishful thinking.

6 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

i never said he wouldnt leave, i only said we dont know that he would behave like this again. and out of the 3 players you named, only mahrez really kicked off at all... 

2 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

Not really. But he wants out of Etienne for opportunity and money. And when he arrives here, other clubs will offer him more money and more opportunities. The assumption he'll be happy here and want to stay, when that didn't apply to Maguire and Chilwell, seems like wishful thinking.

And he will be sold for twice what we pay, circle of crap  life :dunno:

4 minutes ago, JamesfromlondonLCFC said:

i never said he wouldnt leave, i only said we dont know that he would behave like this again. and out of the 3 players you named, only mahrez really kicked off at all... 

Fair enough. We don't know he'll act like this again. But I wouldn't be surprised based on past behaviour. I'll be happy to be proved wrong obviously.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, richardsfoxes said:

Think the biggest thing we can take away from this is the guy obviously has a shit ton of potential, st ett arn't exactly flush with cash and still want to keep someone who has played 20 games for them. 

He's 2 games off having his shirt number retired :thumbup:

1 minute ago, richardsfoxes said:

Think the biggest thing we can take away from this is the guy obviously has a shit ton of potential, st ett arn't exactly flush with cash and still want to keep someone who has played 20 games for them. 

They just want the cash -- Puel has seen LCFC suck every last bit of blood out of the asking team; he is just playing our game. He knows there is a price we are willing to pay, even if it is not the one we are wanting to pay. The question is: Has he guessed right?

(Completely off topic -- If I were Knight or Johnson watching this jizz-fest over a 19-year-old playing in the French league, I would be curled up in a fetal position crying in my pillow.)

16 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

I think the general consensus here is that the ‘plan’ in buying young would be hopefully to make a killing in a few years. Doubt many here think he would be a City lifer.

For better and/or for worse, that’s just the nature of modern football. Even Ronaldo made it clear he wanted out of Man Utd when Real Madrid came calling. So long as he keeps giving his all at St. Etienne while still there (and hopefully minimize his SM references), don’t really have an issue with his ambitions.

Edited by NaijaFox
  • Like 1