Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CloudFox

Wesley Fofana

Just now, Saxondale said:

I'm concerned.

The players whose transfers drag on forever usually end up disappointing (Slimani, Musa, SIlva).

The players we sign pretty much out of the blue usually end up being amazing (Soyuncu, Ndidi).

Do I take from your logic then that you are a big fan of Ayoze?  :ph34r:

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Saxondale said:

I'm concerned.

The players whose transfers drag on forever usually end up disappointing (Slimani, Musa, SIlva).

The players we sign pretty much out of the blue usually end up being amazing (Soyuncu, Ndidi).

Ndidi was reported for ages prior to his signing? Youri also dragged on. Maddison was reported for a while too.

Edited by UniFox21

2 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Do I take from your logic then that you are a big fan of Ayoze?  :ph34r:

2 minutes ago, lanefox said:

Youri?

2 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Ndidi was reported for ages prior to his signing? Youri also dragged on. Maddison was reported for a while too.

Yeah, on reflection the correlation is poor. 

22 minutes ago, Saxondale said:

I'm concerned.

I’m still expecting the club to bring in someone whose name hasn’t been mentioned at some stage . We seem to do this each season . Probably have a list of players as potential signings depending on how much dosh is available after the marquee transfers 

7 minutes ago, JamesfromlondonLCFC said:

Cambiasso dragged on. So did Kante technically. Whereas Ayoze was out of nowhere.

Wait a minute.. so you both are discussing that a player will be dogshit when the transfer process lasts too long to go through, the player will turn out shit?..

- 2 weeks = average player

- 3 weeks = dog shit

- 4 weeks = sell him

Foxestalk at its finest..

Edited by Simoken
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, JamesfromlondonLCFC said:

Cambiasso dragged on. So did Kante technically. Whereas Ayoze was out of nowhere.

Mancini joining was a bit of a circus .

I remember the excitement when Cambiasso was photographed in UK

surrounded by his brothers and “entourage” ,before that I think most of us thought this would be a phantom signing out of the David Beckham/ Johann Cruyff

playbook

19 minutes ago, JamesfromlondonLCFC said:

That whole summer was torture waiting for Cambiasso, I was in Poland when we finally announced it and I got a liiiiiitle but druuuuunk

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

image.png.ddd8fd320160f0390362820f762f77ae.png

Madness indeed (Do not believe a word of it)

Edit This is a very entertaining thread  on ASSE by the way  :blink:

https://www.poteaux-carres.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=25188&start=15700

I've looked at the source articles and they're pure conjecture based on 2 things:
1. Our latest offer was rejected

2. People outside the club don't know who our other targets might be = We don't have other targets so we must be preparing a larger bid.

No more noteworthy than any of us speculating along the same lines.

Edited by Carl the Llama

1 minute ago, Carl the Llama said:

I've looked at the source articles and they're pure conjecture based on 2 things:
1. Our latest offer was rejected

2. People outside the club don't know who our other targets might be = We don't have other targets so we must be preparing a larger bid.

No more noteworthy than any of us speculating along the same lines.

Of course! The only thing such articles add is some local "flavour", local knowledge of past behaviours of their club/board

But if deal only in facts, then we may as well shut the Transfer Forum down as we don`t allow leaks it seems

53 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Kid will be worth every penny. We potentially could have the most sort after defensive pair in Europe. 

lol at 50? 

I like our recruitment policy, I honestly do, I'm not triggered by the idea of being a "selling club." I'm realistic about our financial power, so I find it pretty cool that our recruitment is consistently strong enough that we can consistently make profit off players and reinvest well. 

But there's two parts to this, sell high is part 2, part 1 is buy low. If we blow our load on players and pay over the odds ourselves then how are we going to make profit? 

You can't just "pay anything" because they have "great potential!" or you end up defeating the point. Cags was a hidden gem, Kante was a hidden gem, Ndidi was a hidden gem.

If a young French centre back has already got a high enough profile that his club won't even sniff at 30m then he's not a hidden gem. If we up it to 40, who is going to end up paying us so much in a few years that it becomes profitable? The most expensive centre backs in the world go for about 50ish. You're banking on an insane level of inflation over the next few years in a post covid world. 

Ain't gonna happen. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

lol at 50? 

I like our recruitment policy, I honestly do, I'm not triggered by the idea of being a "selling club." I'm realistic about our financial power, so I find it pretty cool that our recruitment is consistently strong enough that we can consistently make profit off players and reinvest well. 

But there's two parts to this, sell high is part 2, part 1 is buy low. If we blow our load on players and pay over the odds ourselves then how are we going to make profit? 

You can't just "pay anything" because they have "great potential!" or you end up defeating the point. Cags was a hidden gem, Kante was a hidden gem, Ndidi was a hidden gem.

If a young French centre back has already got a high enough profile that his club won't even sniff at 30m then he's not a hidden gem. If we up it to 40, who is going to end up paying us so much in a few years that it becomes profitable? The most expensive centre backs in the world go for about 50ish. You're banking on an insane level of inflation over the next few years in a post covid world. 

Ain't gonna happen. 

The talk of £50m is bollocks. In reality the clubs are probably locked in negotiations over a couple of extra million. £50m would pitch him up against the most expensive defenders in Europe, which is ludicrous.

22 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

The talk of £50m is bollocks. In reality the clubs are probably locked in negotiations over a couple of extra million. £50m would pitch him up against the most expensive defenders in Europe, which is ludicrous.

Yeah absolutely but if they won't even take 30 we shouldn't be bothering. 

Whatever we pay for a centre back, we've got what's left to try and buy a winger as well. If we don't want another Ghezzal situation then we need to be conservative with buying a CB, especially given the CB will be back up and the winger should really be a starter. 

• Like 4