Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Twitter Transfer Rumours

49 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Hardly a gamble on a free, even on 100k a week for 2 years it would be cheaper then signing a Championship player.

We have a history of pick up players who club don't want them and turning them around Huth, Albrighton to name a few

They didn't have a degenerative illness though!! 100k a week for 2 years (not sure he'd sign for that duration anyway) does indicate a risk, especially as it'll come at the expense of us signing someone else.

Just now, sdb said:

They didn't have a degenerative illness though!! 100k a week for 2 years (not sure he'd sign for that duration anyway) does indicate a risk, especially as it'll come at the expense of us signing someone else.

Not having access to his medical record, I have no idea of the impact of he's illness. However his made Dortmund's League squad 27 times (5 starts, 10 sub apps) their Champions League squad 8 times, (1 start, 3 sub apps).

He wouldn't be in Dortmund squad that much if he wasn't fit, one of the top squads in Europe. 

With the size of are budget we have to take calculated risks to compete at the top of the table.

18 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Not having access to his medical record, I have no idea of the impact of he's illness. However his made Dortmund's League squad 27 times (5 starts, 10 sub apps) their Champions League squad 8 times, (1 start, 3 sub apps).

He wouldn't be in Dortmund squad that much if he wasn't fit, one of the top squads in Europe. 

With the size of are budget we have to take calculated risks to compete at the top of the table.

Yeah. I guess our versions of calculated risks differ! With so many exciting wingers available on the continent, and with lower wage demands and big re sale value, I'd be looking there. 

Fingers crossed, whatever happens!

49 minutes ago, sdb said:

Yeah. I guess our versions of calculated risks differ! With so many exciting wingers available on the continent, and with lower wage demands and big re sale value, I'd be looking there. 

Fingers crossed, whatever happens!

True, but that's not a guarantee either, Kapustka, Diabates etc, I think it about bring in a blend of youth and experience. 

My take on the Gotze and Lallana links are well are looking for a bit of experience and European know how.

If we sign both I'd be disappointed, but one would be a good squad addition 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

Hardly a gamble on a free, even on 100k a week for 2 years it would be cheaper then signing a Championship player.

We have a history of pick up players who club don't want them and turning them around Huth, Albrighton to name a few

A few is at least three, but over the years we have had more than a "few" ;)

4 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

My take on the Gotze and Lallana links are well are looking for a bit of experience and European know how.

If we sign both I'd be disappointed, but one would be a good squad addition 

I'd take Lallana over Gotze everytime

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

I'd agree with you, especially due to he's already PL proven. 

3 hours ago, WarehamFox said:

A few is at least three, but over the years we have had more than a "few" ;)

The the dictionary definition for few is, “not many but more than one” ;)

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

The issue isn't his fitness, it's that he has regressed massively. He plays often, and can still "do a job" for Dortmund, but he hasn't shown any of his previous ability. Which is why they're letting him leave on a free...

1 hour ago, North Leeds Fox said:

Piece on the athletic saying that chilwell is Chelsea's first choice left back option. We apparently wanted 85m but chelsea hoping that the pandemic will have lowered that cost. 

Strange notion. Unless Chillers is on a ventilator?

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, SecretPro said:

Strange notion. Unless Chillers is on a ventilator?

This did make me laugh. Presumably though there is a journalistic (most likely rather than Chelsea) thought that revenue losses means transfer values might decrease

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Paddy. said:

Its a tough call really. Personally, Id rather Gotze as if we get him back to his best he's still in his prime. 

Either way, its one or the other. Id be very worried if we went for both

3 hours ago, Jacnah said:

Presumably though there is a journalistic (most likely rather than Chelsea) thought that revenue losses means transfer values might decrease

Bigtime.  Early in the crisis, Transfermarkt applied a one-time 20% cut worldwide (10% to players under 23)

TMdrop.JPG.99480fdbed197e69d7dd6ca83cb8ffef.JPG

https://www.transfermarkt.com/news/view?id=358336

https://www.transfermarkt.com/english-clubs-lose-over-euro-2-billion-alexander-arnold-devalued-less-significantly-than-de-bryune/view/news/358321

On 01/06/2020 at 15:46, Dr Marco said:

The guy is legend! get him in!

mario-gotze-bulge-crotch-thumb-500x350-19808.jpg

Interesting stats from last season for Gotze:

Mario Gotze 2019/20:

Goals - 14

Left foot - 5

Right foot - 4

Head - 3

Penis - 2

• Haha 4

18 hours ago, KingsX said:

Negative. The value remains the same but the number of Clubs able to pay the amount will decrease.

If we’re talking about “which would you take, if you could only have one of either Gotze or Lallana?” I’d take Gotze (puts on tin hat). 

Both are available on a free. Both have bags of experience, and Gotze has many more years in him, all be well health wise, (which btw, he must be fit! You don’t hold down a place in Dortmund’s match day squad if you’re not).

I’d take Gotze based on the his stats and further potential.

Be great to have number 10 options of Maddison and Gotze. That’s a pretty frightening prospect for opposing sides. Certainly more scary than Maddison and Lallana imo

• Like 2

11 hours ago, FoxinNotts said:

If we’re talking about “which would you take, if you could only have one of either Gotze or Lallana?” I’d take Gotze (puts on tin hat). 

Both are available on a free. Both have bags of experience, and Gotze has many more years in him, all be well health wise, (which btw, he must be fit! You don’t hold down a place in Dortmund’s match day squad if you’re not).

I’d take Gotze based on the his stats and further potential.

Be great to have number 10 options of Maddison and Gotze. That’s a pretty frightening prospect for opposing sides. Certainly more scary than Maddison and Lallana imo

Gotze's problem is not his fitness. He has simply never recreated the level of skill that he had prior to his freak incident. He is now a bang average player, hence him being a jack of all trades to fill in for injuries for Dortmund, and the reason they haven't re-signed him is that he was not particularly good at any of the roles he was asked to fill in for. If he was even somewhat decent, they probably would have tried to sell him off for some cash, but the fact that no German team was in for him during the winter is a little damning, considering how many were in a bit of a tight spot around that time. At least Lallana can speak the language, he put in a few decent performances as a winger this year, and Rodgers has worked with him before. Gotze has a demarcated ceiling and it is a distinctly unexciting one. Lallana is more likely to get himself injured again, but he at least has had performances at a higher level recently, and if we manage his health well he could be a great depth option for us.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Gotze's problem is not his fitness. He has simply never recreated the level of skill that he had prior to his freak incident. He is now a bang average player, hence him being a jack of all trades to fill in for injuries for Dortmund, and the reason they haven't re-signed him is that he was not particularly good at any of the roles he was asked to fill in for. If he was even somewhat decent, they probably would have tried to sell him off for some cash, but the fact that no German team was in for him during the winter is a little damning, considering how many were in a bit of a tight spot around that time. At least Lallana can speak the language, he put in a few decent performances as a winger this year, and Rodgers has worked with him before. Gotze has a demarcated ceiling and it is a distinctly unexciting one. Lallana is more likely to get himself injured again, but he at least has had performances at a higher level recently, and if we manage his health well he could be a great depth option for us.

Lallana has had hardly any performances at a higher level recently compared to Gotze? If anything he has had less

Lallana has had 0 appearances in the Champions League, thrown in with the kids and B team in the other cups, and just 3 starts in the Prem with a return of just 1 goal and 2 assists in all competitions

Gotze has had slightly less overall play time this season, but still has more minutes in "higher level" competitions compared to Lallana and has a slightly better contribution with 3 goals and 1 assist in all competitions

Last season Gotze managed 7 goals and 7 assists in the league where as Lallana didn't contribute a single goal contribution all of last season, all he managed in 18/19 was to get sent off in a youth game for trying to choke out a kid.

Its not hard to look at the Dortmund squad to see that Gotze has been phased out of the squad this season, especially after they bought Brandt and Hazard, and then Haaland, and started bringing through Reyna.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Lallana has had hardly any performances at a higher level recently compared to Gotze? If anything he has had less

Lallana has had 0 appearances in the Champions League, thrown in with the kids and B team in the other cups, and just 3 starts in the Prem with a return of just 1 goal and 2 assists in all competitions

Gotze has had slightly less overall play time this season, but still has more minutes in "higher level" competitions compared to Lallana and has a slightly better contribution with 3 goals and 1 assist in all competitions

Last season Gotze managed 7 goals and 7 assists in the league where as Lallana didn't contribute a single goal contribution all of last season, all he managed in 18/19 was to get sent off in a youth game for trying to choke out a kid.

Its not hard to look at the Dortmund squad to see that Gotze has been phased out of the squad this season, especially after they bought Brandt and Hazard, and then Haaland, and started bringing through Reyna.

In terms of his performances off the bench this season, Lallana was much more impressive than anything I saw from Gotze this season. And in fairness Lallana was injured virtually all of last season iirc.