Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Twitter Transfer Rumours

28 minutes ago, Father Ted said:

Perhaps I phrased that wrong. I was implying more at our reluctance to send experienced under 23s out on loan, instead hindering their development to soothe Beagleholes ego and finish as high up the league as possible. 

As for Calvin, I can only presume that Rangers have promised him first team football. If so, fair play and good luck to him, but with the current situation  in regards to Chilwell speculation and Fuchs potentially out of contract, he could well have found himself further up the pecking order than anticipated here...

He won't get first team football at Rangers. Well he might but but not much. He won't be anywhere near first choice. Baricic is one of their better players. 

Don't get me wrong, he will be much further up the pecking order than he would be but he definately won't be starting every week. 

1 hour ago, Foxy_Bear said:

He won't get first team football at Rangers. Well he might but but not much. He won't be anywhere near first choice. Baricic is one of their better players. 

Don't get me wrong, he will be much further up the pecking order than he would be but he definately won't be starting every week. 

I guess the reason he's moved there is because he fancies himself first choice backup and potential replacement to Baricic when some other team scoops him up. Scottish teams also play a lot of football so he'd probably see a more competitive gametime.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

I guess the reason he's moved there is because he fancies himself first choice backup and potential replacement to Baricic when some other team scoops him up. Scottish teams also play a lot of football so he'd probably see a more competitive gametime.

Exactly, he could conceivably be playing Europa League football and one day when fans are allowed back the atmosphere at Ibrox is a very nice added bonus.

4 hours ago, Father Ted said:

Perhaps I phrased that wrong. I was implying more at our reluctance to send experienced under 23s out on loan, instead hindering their development to soothe Beagleholes ego and finish as high up the league as possible. 

I'm not sure Beaglehole has that level of power when we have a Director of Football and a Player Loans Manager, and combined with the fact we had 9 of our development squad out on loan at some point this season and 9 last season, which is a decent amount.  

Do we have any factual evidence that is the case or is it just here say? 

As for Calvin, I can only presume that Rangers have promised him first team football. If so, fair play and good luck to him, but with the current situation  in regards to Chilwell speculation and Fuchs potentially out of contract, he could well have found himself further up the pecking order than anticipated here...

I suspect he was no were near the fist team and probably know it, as Barnes, Hamza and Chilwell have proven, if you are good enough you will break through. 

Edited by coolhandfox

1 minute ago, coolhandfox said:

I'm not sure Beaglehole has that level of power when we have a Director of Football and a Player Loans Manager, and combined with the fact we had 9 of our development squad out on loan at some point this season and 9 last season, which is a decent amount.  

Do we have any factual evidence that is the case or is it just here say? 

I suspect he was no were near the fist team and probably know it, as Barnes, Hamza and Chilwell have proven, if you are good enough you will break through. 

Barnes made reference to it in an interview and there's been a couple of other academy players that have spoken about trying to get loan moves in the past and the difficulty.

2 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Exactly what I was saying. He will play some first team games but he wont be first choice LB. 

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

Barnes made reference to it in an interview and there's been a couple of other academy players that have spoken about trying to get loan moves in the past and the difficulty.

What did he actual say, do you have a link?

21 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

Or maybe he's just not good enough for our level.

I can't remember many we have let go over the last 5 years who have proved the club were wrong to let them go!

You can't keep everyone in the hope they turn into something. 

Tom Hopper? 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, sdb said:

What's it say?!! Credible source? 🙁

Yeah i had the same issue until i worked out you have to read it right to left  :doh:doh

Basically says 2 Saudi clubs interested no fee mentioned

Edited by BKLFox
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

Yeah i had the same issue until i worked out you have to read it right to left  :doh:doh

Basically says 2 Saudi clubs interested no fee mentioned

Any fee would do! What a terrible bit of business he proved to be. 

58 minutes ago, sdb said:

Any fee would do! What a terrible bit of business he proved to be. 

35 minutes ago, Mehrez said:

These the same guys we miraculously offloaded Musa to, based of that we’ll probably make a profit on him 

:fc: if we didnt buy Praet i'd imagine we might have kept as i think he would fit in under Rodgers system(s).
I know they not like for like players but Praet can do his holding role & cover Tilly & vice versa but i don't think Silva could cover Praet role, but technically Silva is a Rodgers player.

Ohh well it wasn't to be & i do hope he settles somewhere he deserves too

1 hour ago, Mehrez said:

These the same guys we miraculously offloaded Musa to, based of that we’ll probably make a profit on him 

Remember when the Saudi's started trolling Leicester fans on twitter thinking they'd just waltzed in and took our best player in Musa. :D

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Remember when the Saudi's started trolling Leicester fans on twitter thinking they'd just waltzed in and took our best player in Musa. :D

Time to get on Twitter and start moaning about them moving for our best (looking) player in SIlva!

4 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

I still think Silva was always either alright or good for us, when he played. I don’t get how he didn’t succeed here, or why people thought he was poor. Maybe his wages were just too high for us without European football to just be a squad player. 

...never about the wages!!!

Repeatedly caught in possession, slow, weak on the ball, all reasons for not being good enough for what we required.

Iborra started well but had a lot of the aforementioned faults and was also not suited to what we needed at that time.

The pace on the Continent suited Silva, and is why we should not even consider bringing him back, even for cover.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, pmcla26 said:

I still think Silva was always either alright or good for us, when he played. I don’t get how he didn’t succeed here, or why people thought he was poor. Maybe his wages were just too high for us without European football to just be a squad player. 

The bloke couldn't pass and looked like he was running in treacle half the time. I think he gets a fair bit of leeway after the 14 second debacle but the longer time went on the less that reasoning washed.

In the context of outlay versus return, he's the worst signing the club has ever made, in my opinion. A half decent five minute cameo on his debut against a god-awful Huddersfield side is all there is to show for his time here.

1 minute ago, pmcla26 said:

To say he couldn’t pass is very harsh, every time I watched him play I thought he looked very composed in possession and was one of our only players at the time who would look for a forward pass. 

The Arsenal home game in 17/18, albeit they only had 10 men that day, but he ran that game from start to end. 

I don't think it is all that harsh, basic passes were being misplaced. Iborra was similar, although he showed a little more form.

Fair point re: that Arsenal game, but I still think that illustrates just how much of a disappointment he's been. The fact we seemed desperate for Matty James to get fit and threw him in immediately at the same time Silva had become available probably says a bit. I wouldn't label him a bad player as such because there's clearly pedigree there but he was distinctly average for us and not suited to Premier League football whatsoever.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Paddy. said:

My one reservation with Hojbjerg is that he's shite.

Mine is the same I have with Vestergaard, their fans are not bothered about either, it's usually telling just look at recent signings like Ghezzal and to a lesser extent Perez who's struggled by and large.

• Like 1