Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Twitter Transfer Rumours

4 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

Any other year, I would agree but this year we need to be as sure as we can get with transfers due to the financial ramifications of the pandemic. No one can afford to make £30m mistakes. 

That's why I would go with Frasier, not as flashy or exciting but solid, proven at this level and free.

Very good point, and yes Frasier would be a great signing. You know what you are going to get, and he's a good player.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, StriderHiryu said:

Very good point, and yes Frasier would be a great signing. You know what you are going to get, and he's a good player.

Similarly, like we were talking about chilwell/ Tierney. I would be much more inclined to go for Kurzawa on a free. Wages will be high but hes a french international with plenty of CL experience and in my opinion an upgrade on Chilwell. 

I would prefer we got him as a replacement for Fuchs though. 

I've been daying it, a very good squad could be built on bosmans this year. 

Let Morgan, Fuchs and Mendy walk. Try and sell Gray and replace them with the free transfers of Malang Sarr, Kurzawa, Llalana and Frasier and not only have you massively improved the squad but potentially the starting 11. Wages will go up a bit but that would be offset with the transfer fees of any fringe players we sell.....

16 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

That's why I would go with Frasier, not as flashy or exciting but solid, proven at this level and free.

11 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

We've been linked with Frasier?

AUJk.gif.b1cc997b5c2cdb6d16977f98163f4c89.gif

Bit past his prime I'd say.

• Haha 4

We continually go on about getting a quality winger in, and especially with European football next year we do need to bolster our squad and this is obviously one area where we need a bit more quality. However, one position that does worry me is DM. Assuming Mendy is off at the end of the season, we are very exposed in this area as we saw when Wilf and Papy were both inured. Praet can do a job admittedly but it is not his natural role and i do not think that Choudhary is either fully ready or even best suited there either.  For me this should be a priority. The problem i see is similar to the one we have up front with Vardy. Ndidi is absolute top class, one of the best around and as such any player who we looked to sign would know that they would not be first choice so getting a top quality DM to come here as second fiddle will be difficult.

13 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

The next winger we get simply has to be a right winger, what is the point in threatening Barnes progression and maintaining the clear issue we have at right wing. Ideally a left footed right winger to be recruited and after that if we want to provide a better option at left wing too than Albrighton then great.

..spot on!!!

Getting  Cengiz Under into the side would improve us no end.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, urban fox said:

We continually go on about getting a quality winger in, and especially with European football next year we do need to bolster our squad and this is obviously one area where we need a bit more quality. However, one position that does worry me is DM. Assuming Mendy is off at the end of the season, we are very exposed in this area as we saw when Wilf and Papy were both inured. Praet can do a job admittedly but it is not his natural role and i do not think that Choudhary is either fully ready or even best suited there either.  For me this should be a priority. The problem i see is similar to the one we have up front with Vardy. Ndidi is absolute top class, one of the best around and as such any player who we looked to sign would know that they would not be first choice so getting a top quality DM to come here as second fiddle will be difficult.

This is the only aspect of looking at it that I see Ajer as a good signing. 

He will improve the squad at CB ( albeit not the start 11 imo) but he is naturally a CDM, he would be ideal cover for 2 positions. I just dont think you can justify that money on a squad player though. 

It also leaves the question of were Hamza fits in. If we sign Llalana and a CDM, there is no place for him anywhere in the team. 

Edited by Foxy_Bear

2 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

If he's available for 25-30m, worth a gamble IMO given we paid that for Perez. He was outstanding at the last Copa America.

I think he could struggle initially to adapt to English football though. Totally different culture, weather, lifestyle and language barrier. It took Gabriel Jesus a little while to start turning it on for example.

Jesus made an almost immediate impact, didn't he? I remember him getting an injury not long after he came but that aside he looked decent. No doubt he's come on since then, mind. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, urban fox said:

..Choudhury can play that role!!

He has played the holding midfield role for a long time in the U23's and looks solid in his performances.

We are looking to amend his role and asking for a skill set not suited to his natural attributes. Cutting out the action man performances and using his intelligence to control the game instead of what we seem to want him to be.

He is not a hot head, just poorly advised.

15 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Jesus made an almost immediate impact, didn't he? I remember him getting an injury not long after he came but that aside he looked decent. No doubt he's come on since then, mind. 

Yes, he was instantly mustard and then got injured I think and ruled out for the rest of the season. He then did struggle a season or so after, can't remember if it was from then on when he returned from injury or a while later.

3 minutes ago, brucey said:

SFE is 100x more reliable than this fraud

This!!

Sean from enderby actually gets some things right.

But somethings are good ITK from him.

If he does get things wrong he says a fake account sent out the tweet 🤣, but I think he teases the Man Utd Fans more these days haha

9 minutes ago, Fox85 said:

This!!

Sean from enderby actually gets some things right.

But somethings are good ITK from him.

If he does get things wrong he says a fake account sent out the tweet 🤣, but I think he teases the Man Utd Fans more these days haha

They are hook line and sinker with him. He said he'd shag his sister if they dont sign Sancho and they message him daily about it lol He's actually quite funny,  he keeps making subtle hints in the tweets that he wants to do it.. but the united fans dont seem to get it

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Jjridgewell said:

problem was he was blocking the path for luke thomas.

Yeah, so give him a 2 year contract and loan him out? Luke Thomas is a top prospect but Calvin, albeit a couple years older looked sharp too. In the end, he was shifted in and played at centre back where he didn't seem comfortable to accommodate Luke Thomas. I suspect he will have a good career though away from here. Just shows the failings of our under 23 system to an extent.

3 hours ago, Father Ted said:

Yeah, so give him a 2 year contract and loan him out? Luke Thomas is a top prospect but Calvin, albeit a couple years older looked sharp too. In the end, he was shifted in and played at centre back where he didn't seem comfortable to accommodate Luke Thomas. I suspect he will have a good career though away from here. Just shows the failings of our under 23 system to an extent.

....Or maybe he is gonna turn out like Joe Dodoo?

14 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

Or maybe he's just not good enough for our level.

I can't remember many we have let go over the last 5 years who have proved the club were wrong to let them go!

You can't keep everyone in the hope they turn into something. 

Perhaps I phrased that wrong. I was implying more at our reluctance to send experienced under 23s out on loan, instead hindering their development to soothe Beagleholes ego and finish as high up the league as possible. 

As for Calvin, I can only presume that Rangers have promised him first team football. If so, fair play and good luck to him, but with the current situation  in regards to Chilwell speculation and Fuchs potentially out of contract, he could well have found himself further up the pecking order than anticipated here...

• Like 1