Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Twitter Transfer Rumours

4 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

What makes you think Gotze speaks English any less well than Ricardo or Tielemans or Soyuncu?

Soyuncu spent a year here learning the language tbf. As for Gotze, I just had a quick google and found a video of him speaking decent English, so that is my bad. There still would be a chance that he would not adjust to the culture, but it's much less likely.

4 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

In terms of his performances off the bench this season, Lallana was much more impressive than anything I saw from Gotze this season. And in fairness Lallana was injured virtually all of last season iirc. 

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/adam-lallana/verletzungen/spieler/43530 and https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/adam-lallana/leistungsdatendetails/spieler/43530/plus/0?saison=2018&verein=&liga=&wettbewerb=GB1&pos=&trainer_id=

He missed 7 games (4 prem) with a groin strain. Judging by the picture at the top of this page, Gotze would appear to have played through a similar injury

If Tierney can sort his injury problems out then he'd be unbelievable here, big if though. Would I be happy with £50m profit on Chilwell + Tierney ? Would feel like a huge gamble but with Fuchs, Justin and the potential emergence of Luke Thomas in the next year it's not the most hideous plan.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

If Tierney can sort his injury problems out then he'd be unbelievable here, big if though. Would I be happy with £50m profit on Chilwell + Tierney ? Would feel like a huge gamble but with Fuchs, Justin and the potential emergence of Luke Thomas in the next year it's not the most hideous plan.

Agree there mate but not really sure what Tierney’s like.  The profit  would definitely go towards a right winger; plus I guess our next regular left back needs to be more defensive minded in their play too giving license for Barnes to roam forwards more.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...Chillwell for £85m and Tierney for £20m...!!!

Absolute result, if Chillwell had the mindset of Tierney we would be talking £100m +.

I imagine we're lining this up as a possible option if Chelsea actually come up with the spondoolies ……. the issue is that we end up in the same place as last summer with maguire where every player we were after was inflated once they knew how much we had got for him. 

we can drag 80m out of Chelsea but will have top pay 20m too much for Tierney …...

29 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I imagine we're lining this up as a possible option if Chelsea actually come up with the spondoolies ……. the issue is that we end up in the same place as last summer with maguire where every player we were after was inflated once they knew how much we had got for him. 

we can drag 80m out of Chelsea but will have top pay 20m too much for Tierney …...

..can't see it, it's Arsenal!!!!

They sell at market prices not inflated prices. Although Wenger was at the helm and always lost out when selling their  big name players.

Edited by sacreblueits442

On 28/05/2020 at 12:04, les-tah said:

Big news coming next week. (He’s confirmed its not Ajer or Cautinho)

if you don’t believe in Sean From enderby by now shame on you.:ph34r:

Nearly the end of the week, have no nails left waiting for the big news! Have you any new twitter up-dates from the in the know Sean?

3 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...Sun Poll says 70% of Arsenal supporters want to keep him!!!

Yes but we all know that sometimes fans aren't the best judges of their own players......

39 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

It is genuinely a sad situation but I don't know, I just don't really see the need for us to take a gamble like that. It'd be Max Meyer II - totally pointless for us.

Max Meyer II is literally exactly what I thought. Highest paid player at Palace- barely ever plays. Pointless signing.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/claims-leicester-citys-bid-brazilian-club-agent-deny-contacts/
Claims of Leicester City’s bid for Brazilian – Club and agent deny contacts

Lucas Sposito4th June 2020

There’s been a little rumour in Brazil this week saying Leicester City have made a bid for the signing of Grêmio star Everton Cebolinha.

Although it’s not clear where it all started, the first sign of it comes from Daniel Oliveira‘s Twitter account. The journalist only wrote there was an offer from the Foxes for the player.

He later replied to his followers saying the bid wasn’t near enough to take the winger from Grêmio, so there was no chance the attempt would be successful.

Website Gremistas went after this story, and spoke to both the player’s entourage and to the Brazilian club. The two sides have claimed not to know anything about an attempt from Leicester City.

The saga regarding Everton’s departure from Grêmio has been going on since 2016. There was a big expectation Napoli would sign the player this year, but the rumours have been cooling down in the past week.

Even though Everton is undoubtedly one of the best players in Brazil, he’s now 24 years of age, and needs to make his big move to Europe soon.

6 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

^ I have no idea who he is or if he’s any good but I’d ****ing love him to come here and be literally more successful than the *actual* Everton. 

14 caps for Brazil so can't be that bad. :D

GERRIMIN!!!

He’s no Mahrez but he can change a game. Loves a little flick and plays with a lot of flair but he also deals with a lot of physical defending in Brazil and can handle it. 

Also, he’s Brazilian— GER RIM IN.

If he's available for 25-30m, worth a gamble IMO given we paid that for Perez. He was outstanding at the last Copa America.

I think he could struggle initially to adapt to English football though. Totally different culture, weather, lifestyle and language barrier. It took Gabriel Jesus a little while to start turning it on for example.

Edited by StriderHiryu

35 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

If he's available for 25-30m, worth a gamble IMO given we paid that for Perez. He was outstanding at the last Copa America.

I think he could struggle initially to adapt to English football though. Totally different culture, weather, lifestyle and language barrier. It took Gabriel Jesus a little while to start turning it on for example.

Any other year, I would agree but this year we need to be as sure as we can get with transfers due to the financial ramifications of the pandemic. No one can afford to make £30m mistakes. 

That's why I would go with Frasier, not as flashy or exciting but solid, proven at this level and free.

• Like 2