Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Twitter Transfer Rumours

7 minutes ago, Blue-fox said:

You’d be absolutely fuming if you were Aarons, had the chance to go to Barcelona but stuck in the Championship😂

Should stay at norwich, barcelona would ruin him with high expectations like they did semedo, he needs to go somewhere where he can develop without all the added pressure first.

1 hour ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

For me, that’s wrong of the club. £20m plus add ons and the player gets to join one of the biggest clubs in the world. It’s a fair price. 

I can see Aaron’s having real difficulty getting up for next season. I would be completely deflated. 

Would we sell Barnes for £20m plus add-ons? No we wouldn't.

I understand that the player would likely want to go, but Barcelona shouldn't expect to pick him up on the cheap just because they're Barcelona.

Edited by Blue Fox 72

13 minutes ago, Blue Fox 72 said:

Would we sell Barnes for £20 plus add-ons? No we wouldn't.

I understand that the player would likely want to go, but Barcelona shouldn't expect to pick him up on the cheap just because they're Barcelona.

It’s a fair price for Aarons. His experience etc. With potential add on. 

7 minutes ago, Strokes said:

Is it?

Has similar experience to Wan-Bissaka when he moved to Man U for more than double.

I think you have to add value to the fact palace were still playing in their top division. For me it’s fair given he was part of the side that finished bottom of the league. However, your argument is justified as he seems to have interest from other elite clubs like Bayern. Football player prices are difficult to ascertain.

• Like 1

Just now, Mickyblueeyes said:

I think you have to add value to the fact palace were still playing in their top division. For me it’s fair given he was part of the side that finished bottom of the league. However, your argument is justified as he seems to have interest from other elite clubs like Bayern. Football player prices are difficult to ascertain.

Definitely and the market is even more volatile and unpredictable this season.

However, I don’t think you can blame Norwich for wanting a bit more.

They don’t really need the money either.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

It's funny how our fans see us make a stance against the so called big clubs and their chests push out a bit further,  they're all proud that we refuse to be bullied into selling our best players but when clubs like Norwich do it? No, no. Then it's "wrong of the club"....

.....Our fan base are becoming more and more like the bellends over on Redcafe every single day. 

we are already like them and worse, due to title winning syndrome, but at least they have a reason to moan and get angry about not winning anything....

Edited by Simoken

2 hours ago, Foxy_Bear said:

It's funny how our fans see us make a stance against the so called big clubs and their chests push out a bit further,  they're all proud that we refuse to be bullied into selling our best players but when clubs like Norwich do it? No, no. Then it's "wrong of the club"....

.....Our fan base are becoming more and more like the bellends over on Redcafe every single day. 

Jesus Christ. So I was the one who said that. I rated Aarons at that sum because that’s how much I would expect Leicester to pay for him, if available. I don’t rate him higher then that, just yet. Paying for a player who is at a club just relegated who is yet to make a full international appearance I see as being on par with his value. 

It’s an opinion. Personally I didn’t think Maguire was worth the £80 million but United were willing to pay it. I don’t think Aarons goes for the same amount of Wan Bissaka because of their lack of premier league status - it’s hard to convince a player to stay and can affect value. 

Engage debate my friend don’t just blindly insult. It shows intelligence, like other contributors have done. 

1 hour ago, pmcla26 said:

Difference is though is that our players know when they join us we have ambitions to compete with the top 6 and I’m sure the club make it known how we operate to players that they can’t just use us as a stepping stone. 

Norwich don’t have those ambitions as a club that their players might hold, and therefore they shouldn’t stand in players ways if it’s a financially very good deal for the club.

£20m & and add ons is a very good deal for a promising Championship right back with one season Premier League experience. Not only that, but take into account the market prices seem to be lower this year anyway. Fully aware though with Norwich’s wage structure and parachute money they aren’t short of finances right now. 

I don’t think any club should just respect the food chain and allow their players to move on to bigger clubs for peanuts, but there is being ridiculous with asking prices as well. 

50 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Jesus Christ. So I was the one who said that. I rated Aarons at that sum because that’s how much I would expect Leicester to pay for him, if available. I don’t rate him higher then that, just yet. Paying for a player who is at a club just relegated who is yet to make a full international appearance I see as being on par with his value. 

It’s an opinion. Personally I didn’t think Maguire was worth the £80 million but United were willing to pay it. I don’t think Aarons goes for the same amount of Wan Bissaka because of their lack of premier league status - it’s hard to convince a player to stay and can affect value. 

Engage debate my friend don’t just blindly insult. It shows intelligence, like other contributors have done. 

Let's get this out the way first, we ARE a stepping stone to the top 6. OFCOURSE we are. It's part of our appeal. Players know they can come here, compete for top 6 and if they perform well, the doors will open to a bigger club and they know this because they have watched Mahrez, Drinkwater, Kante and Chilwell fo it with Ndidi, Ricardo, Maddison and the like going to do it in coming seasons. 

Secondly, market value means NOTHING. The only prices that matter is the prices the selling club values that player at and the price the buying club are willing to pay. 

If Norwich believe he is worth more than £20m to them then he is worth more than £20m regardless of other players moving on in the market. 

Maguire is a good example. We all know that his market value wasnt £80m but £80m is what he was worth to us and Utd believed he was worth more than that to them so he went. Fofana is another good example. His market value is probably about £20m but St. Ettiene believe hes worth £30ish million to them and we dont think he would be that valuable to us. 

It is completely the clubs prerogative to make judgements on what their own player is worth regardless of what outside influences value them at and the only thing I feel they SHOULD do is to be open and honest with the player on how much they will sell for, like we were with Mahrez. 

Lastly, I do apologise for the insult but lts be honest, we are all happy to do it when we see fans of other clubs hold these opinions so we should hold ourselves to that same standard. If we saw other fans say "they are in the wrong" because we didnt sell their club a player we valued higher then we would be slating them. 

Edited by Foxy_Bear
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

I do totally understand where you are coming from, and I shouldn’t have said we aren’t a stepping stone club, because we are, but I meant it in a way that you can’t just turn up for us and then be allowed to move freely if you haven’t done the business, if that makes sense? 

But I also believe if you aren’t meeting a players ambitions, when is it ever in the best interest of both the club and the player to hold on to someone at their peak value? That was more what I was trying to say, if we are to believe the press that Aarons has been pushing for a move following Barca’s interest (why wouldn’t he?) 

It doesn’t do anyone any good, and they risk causing some unrest and drama which could get their season off to an iffy start, or they could take very good money and invest it wisely in another talented youngster (like what we do). 

I just don’t see how it makes any sense financially or on the pitch, for the player or for Norwich as a football club blocking his transfer to Barcelona. Even if Barca are a few quid short of Norwich’s valuation of the player, like I said in my original post, they will never be direct rivals and it could therefore be more beneficial sacrificing a couple million £ for that purpose. They could also insist on a first refusal option if Aarons fails to make the grade at Barca, which isn’t unlikely. 

I think every club’s situation in the transfer market is different, but it’s much simpler to put blanket terms over groups of clubs. In reality, we’ve put the building blocks in place to warrant driving harder bargains for players with the platform we’ve given youngsters to develop, whilst competing in the top half of the Premier League. Norwich have certainly also done the former, but as a club that clearly doesn’t have ambitions of the latter, how can they keep players against their will when there is a very good financial offer on the table that could benefit themselves in multiple ways? 

Things in football change and I’m not saying Norwich won’t ever do the latter, but a player’s career is a short one and that money in the Championship will get you a more than adequate full back replacement, maybe a couple more players and can still have some money to invest elsewhere in the infrastructure of the club. 

I completely agree that the club shouldn't stand in a players way but ONLY if their valuation is met. Similarly Luke we done with Mahrez, they should do with Aaron's. "We value at this, if they meet it, you can go". My point was that a club has the right to decide what that valuation is, not what seems like a good offer from the outside. 

I do agree that they run the risk of having an unhappy player and his value actually decreasing because of it but that's the risk you have to weigh up. The club need to make that decision based on the player in questions character. 

Going back to Mahrez as an example. I believe we could have got more if he wasnt a dick about it. Compare that to Fofana, who is clearly pushing for a move but is still performing well so the value isn't falling. Norwich clearly believe that Aarons is professional enough not to let this affect his game. 

7 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

I completely agree that the club shouldn't stand in a players way but ONLY if their valuation is met. Similarly Luke we done with Mahrez, they should do with Aaron's. "We value at this, if they meet it, you can go". My point was that a club has the right to decide what that valuation is, not what seems like a good offer from the outside. 

I do agree that they run the risk of having an unhappy player and his value actually decreasing because of it but that's the risk you have to weigh up. The club need to make that decision based on the player in questions character. 

Going back to Mahrez as an example. I believe we could have got more if he wasnt a dick about it. Compare that to Fofana, who is clearly pushing for a move but is still performing well so the value isn't falling. Norwich clearly believe that Aarons is professional enough not to let this affect his game. 

...so are you saying if a player plays by the rules the club can stand in his way!!!

If you are to use the character of the player, to judge if you can screw him over, then the outcome will be players kicking up a fuss in order to get the move they are hoping for. It obviously does not pay to be nice, you will be taken advantage of.

17 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...so are you saying if a player plays by the rules the club can stand in his way!!!

If you are to use the character of the player, to judge if you can screw him over, then the outcome will be players kicking up a fuss in order to get the move they are hoping for. It obviously does not pay to be nice, you will be taken advantage of.

But 8n the same token, If a player kicks off then he runs the risk of spoiling the buying club as no one wants to employ a nob. 

In a perfect world the player has a conversation with the club along the lines of "they want to pay 20, you want 25.... set the piece at 22.5 and I'll play well enough in the time that I'm here to ensure you get it"

I suppose this is why release clauses were invented... 

1 hour ago, Foxy_Bear said:

Let's get this out the way first, we ARE a stepping stone to the top 6. OFCOURSE we are. It's part of our appeal. Players know they can come here, compete for top 6 and if they perform well, the doors will open to a bigger club and they know this because they have watched Mahrez, Drinkwater, Kante and Chilwell fo it with Ndidi, Ricardo, Maddison and the like going to do it in coming seasons. 

Secondly, market value means NOTHING. The only prices that matter is the prices the selling club values that player at and the price the buying club are willing to pay. 

If Norwich believe he is worth more than £20m to them then he is worth more than £20m regardless of other players moving on in the market. 

Maguire is a good example. We all know that his market value wasnt £80m but £80m is what he was worth to us and Utd believed he was worth more than that to them so he went. Fofana is another good example. His market value is probably about £20m but St. Ettiene believe hes worth £30ish million to them and we dont think he would be that valuable to us. 

It is completely the clubs prerogative to make judgements on what their own player is worth regardless of what outside influences value them at and the only thing I feel they SHOULD do is to be open and honest with the player on how much they will sell for, like we were with Mahrez. 

Lastly, I do apologise for the insult but lts be honest, we are all happy to do it when we see fans of other clubs hold these opinions so we should hold ourselves to that same standard. If we saw other fans say "they are in the wrong" because we didnt sell their club a player we valued higher then we would be slating them. 

I agree with your first point. We are another stepping stone for players trying to get up there to the usual top 4 challengers. 

My opinion on Aarons valuation is because I think that’s good value for a player who is shown a lot of potential but will only benefit if trained regularly with guys at Barca or Bayern. Take James Justin. I think we over paid for him. I’m not saying he is not a good signing, because he is and I have no doubt he will be asset to us. However, I also feel his game has benefitted from his early season training with Leicester and Brendan. 

In the same way, Norwich have gone down. They didn’t really pull up trees in adding to their squad to stay up. A move to a Barcelona is once in a lifetime opportunity for some guys. I mean Ronaldo left United for Real because it’s something special to play for those two clubs. If you recall are own Jeff Schlupp was given permission to trial with Man U reserves when we were a championship side. 

Every club has a right to dictate their own selling fee. However, sometimes you have to do the best for the player. You get the impression Aarons would be brought in to fight for a starting spot at Barca. £20m plus add odds is relatively fair in the market right. That’s what my point was. It’s difficult to ascertain what the right fees are for certain players. I think Watkins for example went for too much. Having said that, I think the deals for Jota and Under are very much value for money. It’s just an opinion. 

2 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

If we'd been linked with a move for Max Aarons for £20m, instead of Barcelona who clearly rate him, I suspect plenty of our fans would be going:

Nah, we got to aim higher

He's championship level

Whooooo?

Rodgers hasn't got a clue

Would have a bad feeling if this happened

Congerton out

Look at how many goals they shipped last season

Waste of money

I can't understand why Norwich didn't sell him to Barcelona, and retire his shirt number. Mystifying!