Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Twitter Transfer Rumours

With Ünder in its clear 4-1-4-1 is our preferred system again and therefore how do you expect to keep Vardy, Iheanacho and Jovic happy? If we were looking to go 2 up top then great but if we are going to sign another striker it has to be a 17-20 year old who is happy to come and learn off the master for a year or two.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

Said it before and will say it again. Divick Origi is the fella we should be after. 

Obvious quality. Good age. Strong backup to Vardy. Strong option on the LW. Could easily take over from Vardy when he steps aside. Affordable fee and wages. Would fit right in with his Belgian pals and Rodgers signed him before so there is obviously some sort of relationship there. 

Absolute no brainer. 

He's 25 and the most goals he's ever scored in a season is about 5, no chance will he ever be good enough to take over from Vardy.

A lot of Liverpool fans don't rate him at all plus they'll will probably want 20m or more.

Iheanacho is a better player and he's younger. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

Said it before and will say it again. Divick Origi is the fella we should be after. 

Obvious quality. Good age. Strong backup to Vardy. Strong option on the LW. Could easily take over from Vardy when he steps aside. Affordable fee and wages. Would fit right in with his Belgian pals and Rodgers signed him before so there is obviously some sort of relationship there. 

Absolute no brainer. 

It's far from being a no brainer.

Edouard from Celtic would be my choice.

• Like 1

it is totally pointless buying anything other than a prospect striker. Vardy will start if available, Nacho is perfectly capable and seems to be improving too me.

No point collecting players unless that is your clubs model as with Chelsea for example.

say a prospect like Fabian Reese (Alright, alright, will shut up about this guy...)

4 minutes ago, Gerard said:

It's far from being a no brainer.

Edouard from Celtic would be my choice.

Eduoard is the better player but 

would cost £30m+ and even then we would have to change formation to fit him in. 

Origi is being quoted at £14m and adds strength and depth in a couple of positions. 

11 minutes ago, matty98 said:

He's 25 and the most goals he's ever scored in a season is about 5, no chance will he ever be good enough to take over from Vardy.

A lot of Liverpool fans don't rate him at all plus they'll will probably want 20m or more.

Iheanacho is a better player and he's younger. 

He is considered a cult hero by a lot of Liverpool fans because of his performance in the UCL final. 

7 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

it is totally pointless buying anything other than a prospect striker. Vardy will start if available, Nacho is perfectly capable and seems to be improving too me.

No point collecting players unless that is your clubs model as with Chelsea for example.

say a prospect like Fabian Reese (Alright, alright, will shut up about this guy...)

Nacho has been decent and I wouldnt be opposed to him standing in for Vardy but what happens if Barnes is injured? Who you picking, Gray or Albrighton? 

Not only would Origi be a better option there but if we were to go two up top for a spell, he adds the depth of a fourth striker. 

Chances are, if we did add another attacking player, it's going to be one to improve the squad as opposed to improving the starting 11 so it makes sense (to me atleast) to add one that improves is in numerous positions. 

3 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Touch wood, but 2 of our first choice front 3 missing for a prolonged period of time is very unlikely and something that almost every team in the league would have great difficulty dealing with, bar maybe Man City. 

I wasn't meaning the two injured at the same time, I was just asking what happens if Barnes is injured. Vardy up top, Under on the RW, who plays left? Albrighton is probably the strongest option out of the ones we have and I personally would prefer Origi. 

1 hour ago, Foxy_Bear said:

Absolute no brainer. 

Iheanacho has a better goalscoring and assisting record.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Foxy_Bear said:

Absolute no brainer. 

If Origi wants out of Liverpool he'll want to play games. Sitting him on the bench behind Vardy or Barnes is no better than sitting on the bench behind Firmino and Mane.

3 minutes ago, jeffschlupp said:

If Origi wants out of Liverpool he'll want to play games. Sitting him on the bench behind Vardy or Barnes is no better than sitting on the bench behind Firmino and Mane.

Now, that's a fair point. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Ünder has played left side before, would imagine it would be him and Perez flanking Vardy. 

If that’s not fancied, Madders can play left and Praet and Tilly in the middle. We have options, but could maybe do with one other option, I just don’t think Origi would come here to be an option from the bench or in case of injuries.

It’d have to be a youngster who’s happy to feature 5-15 times off the bench and in the cup etc. 

There then of course is the diamond as well with Nacho or Perez partnering Vards. 

Perez is garbage out wide, the only time he offers anything is when he drifts in. Similarly with mass on the wing. 

• Like 3