Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Twitter Transfer Rumours

2 minutes ago, talking_goldfish said:

Looks like International Champions Cup account picked up the one Lingard tweet and somehow translated that into "Reports out of England"! I can't see anyone else reporting it so it seems at least someone trusts the legendary indykalia account!

You know what ... he has experience at higher level European football. Has had a horrible couple of years and there is a footballer in there. He needs a move and his experience could be useful, he had to knuckle down and mature very quickly into a father figure and for that he serves respect. If and it’s a big if of course but if the wages were right I’d take him. But I’d ban any dabbing and stupid celebrations lol  I know this will be an unpopular opinion but then I don’t really care. 

2 minutes ago, casablancas said:

You know what ... he has experience at higher level European football. Has had a horrible couple of years and there is a footballer in there. He needs a move and his experience could be useful, he had to knuckle down and mature very quickly into a father figure and for that he serves respect. If and it’s a big if of course but if the wages were right I’d take him. But I’d ban any dabbing and stupid celebrations lol  I know this will be an unpopular opinion but then I don’t really care. 

Disagree re it being an unpopular opinion - most of us can’t stand dabbing and stupid celebrations. Just pray we don’t sign Lingard in order to start that movement 😊

2 minutes ago, TrentFox said:

Disagree re it being an unpopular opinion - most of us can’t stand dabbing and stupid celebrations. Just pray we don’t sign Lingard in order to start that movement 😊

I kinda meant me not being opposed to signing him lol  But I stand firm on the dabbing haha. 

• Haha 1

Not that I think we should be interested in signing  Lingard, but how times have changed that little old Leicester shouldn't sign an England international who ought to be in the prime of his career. Makes you realise how far we have progressed under King Power over the last 10 years.

On 19/09/2020 at 10:04, Mickyblueeyes said:

For me, that’s wrong of the club. £20m plus add ons and the player gets to join one of the biggest clubs in the world. It’s a fair price. 

I can see Aaron’s having real difficulty getting up for next season. I would be completely deflated. 

Sorry but I could not disagree more.

He's signed his contract with Norwich. They're entitled to get what they want for the player. They're not a charity.

You'd be up in arms if you saw Man United fans saying that regarding Maddison or Soyuncu or Ndidi.

A player's worth is decided by the club that has him, not by the club that wants to buy him.

• Like 3

Lingard would be a very decent squad player IMO, great off the ball and extremely hard working, a lot of what he does is to help the team and create space for others - it often goes unnoticed, and has a poor rep because he can be a bit limited with the ball. He’s also had a pretty tough time in his personal life which seems to have impacted his game. Can play multiple positions. I guess the fee and wages will be silly though, if he were ~15m and on 70k or less it would be a no brainier IMO. 

Edited by FoxesWalk
  • Like 1

Lingard is on £100k a week minimum and his agent is Mino Raiola (One of the worst agents to have to deal with) so not a chance will he take a wage cut

We aren’t going to pay someone that kind of money to be a squad player, on top of the probably £20m+ they would want for him

Guest Markyblue
3 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Lingard is on £100k a week minimum and his agent is Mino Raiola (One of the worst agents to have to deal with) so not a chance will he take a wage cut

We aren’t going to pay someone that kind of money to be a squad player, on top of the probably £20m+ they would want for him

Lets not have him and instead put his years wages 5 million towards securing a decent ch.