Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Twitter Transfer Rumours

Cags has come out and said he is happy and doesnt want to leave. He has said he wants to repay the faith the club showed him by not buying someone after selling Maguire and playing him. You never know but I believe him! 🤷‍♀️ There has also been talk of a new contract for him.  With Europe looming I'm sure we wont be selling! Every day a player is linked with another club. I guess we can take it as a compliment! Brendan has plans and as a club placing top 4 I cant see them wanting to lose that momentum by selling any of the regular first team? I guess it's a slow news day and maybe even they are bored of writing about Chilwell and Chelsea EVERYDAY!!!! 😆

Edited by Hales

7 minutes ago, Hales said:

Cags has come out and said he is happy and doesnt want to leave. He has said he wants to repay the faith the club showed him by not buying someone after selling Maguire and playing him. You never know but I believe him! 🤷‍♀️ There has also been talk of a new contract for him.  With Europe looming I'm sure we wont be selling! Every day a player is linked with another club. I guess we can take it as a compliment! Brendan has plans and as a club placing top 4 I cant see them wanting to lose that momentum by selling any of the regular first team? I guess it's a slow news day and maybe even they are bored of writing about Chilwell and Chelsea EVERYDAY!!!! 😆

He's hardly going to say anything else. Just look at the stick Mahrez got for something had said 2 years after he'd left.

Not saying he will leave, but I'd take player's statements with a pinch of salt.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Hales said:

If Barca come calling and really want him, he's going Barca. 

2 minutes ago, Webbo said:

He's hardly going to say anything else. Just look at the stick Mahrez got for something had said 2 years after he'd left.

Not saying he will leave, but I'd take player's statements with a pinch of salt.

I know, I'm not that naive but this was said way before all this chatter started. He was quite passionate when he spoke and did seem genuine. You never know though, I get that! I just think why say anything if you plan on going or are considering it? Just stay quiet!

I think we will be more open to selling 1 of our assets than we perhaps would have been without this pandemic and finances potentially being stretched. I don't see it being Soyuncu though, it will be Chilwell, Ricardo or Maddison IMO. Chilwell because he is the most replaceable, Ricardo because he is 25/26 and only 2 years left on his contract as well as being wanted by pretty much every top team and then Maddison who would command £80m + (or would have done) and also a player potentially we could replace much cheaper.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fox_up_north said:

Seen some utter crap on BBC via Spanish website that Liverpool are first in line for him.

Eurgh. I really hope we don't become Southampton. 

Me, too. The journey for home games would be a nightmare. 

• Haha 3

13 hours ago, moore_94 said:

To be fair Pique is now 33 and has probably only got 1 or 2 years left as first choice, Umtiti they are trying to bin off as he is constantly injured (he got injured 2nd day back in training), leaving pretty much just Lenglet as their only viable option at centre back for the future

But with the rumoured financial issues Barcelona have I can't see them paying what we would want unless they offered some unreal player swap deal that benefited us massively

There are a few players I wouldn't mind off them if that is the route it went

Coutinho, Dembele, Emerson (if Riccy P) leaves, Cucurella (if Chilwell leaves), Todibo

Cucurella is brilliant, saw him play for Getafe just before Corona, he played everywhere. 

15 hours ago, danhaw said:

IF this were true, I think they'd be 2 factors that would determine if we would sell or not.  How much we want Coutinho and how good Benkovic is. 

That would be true God like status- we signed the replacement who was replacing the guy who replaced maguire 2-3 years in advance.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, pmcla26 said:

If true then he’ll definitely be off in the summer, Getafe won’t be able to resist the money offered for him. 

Having just bought him? I don't know. Maybe in a year.

Getafe are having a great time at the minute. This situation definitely came at a bad time for them.

I very much doubt Ricardo will see out his contract if 1 of the big teams come a knocking, Barcelona etc he says as much in his latest interview..

“I’m fine at Leicester,” Ricardo said. “I enjoy playing, the team plays very attractive football. It’s a growing club, with a very interesting mix of experience and youth. It is a very versatile squad.

“That said, I’m ambitious and I will always look for the best for my career. I want to be at the best clubs, play the best competitions. This season we are well positioned, in a place for the Champions League.

“In the future? Why not take a step forward in my career?”

8 hours ago, BKLFox said:

I very much doubt Ricardo will see out his contract if 1 of the big teams come a knocking, Barcelona etc he says as much in his latest interview..

“I’m fine at Leicester,” Ricardo said. “I enjoy playing, the team plays very attractive football. It’s a growing club, with a very interesting mix of experience and youth. It is a very versatile squad.

“That said, I’m ambitious and I will always look for the best for my career. I want to be at the best clubs, play the best competitions. This season we are well positioned, in a place for the Champions League.

Makes sense really. Either we do well and aim for champions league each season and keep this team together. Sounds strange saying it considering we were league 1 only a decade or so ago. With the current age and potential of the players I do feel we have superb opportunity to stay 6th - 3rd with a couple of good signings. We messed up transfer window after winning the league but since then we have done very well overall. The new model of young talented players and sell on for huge money if they do move on, we will not be bullied into cheap sales, play exciting attacking football these are great times for our club. The manager is superb and is held in very high regard. 

If anyone leaves certainly can not begrudge a move to a Barcelona. If any went to a Spurs, Arsenal at the moment I would have a problem as I genuinely don't think they are any better than us, take starting 11 from both sides we hold our own. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Unique FC said:

Makes sense really. Either we do well and aim for champions league each season and keep this team together. Sounds strange saying it considering we were league 1 only a decade or so ago. With the current age and potential of the players I do feel we have superb opportunity to stay 6th - 3rd with a couple of good signings. We messed up transfer window after winning the league but since then we have done very well overall. The new model of young talented players and sell on for huge money if they do move on, we will not be bullied into cheap sales, play exciting attacking football these are great times for our club. The manager is superb and is held in very high regard. 

If anyone leaves certainly can not begrudge a move to a Barcelona. If any went to a Spurs, Arsenal at the moment I would have a problem as I genuinely don't think they are any better than us, take starting 11 from both sides we hold our own. 

Yeah I agree - testament to the club that effectively, the 'move forward' that Ricky P would make can only really be to one of Europe's giants, if not the biggest club in world football should the Barcelona rumour ever come to fruition. He is a bloody magnificent player who has been nothing but a joy to watch!

• Like 2

11 hours ago, BKLFox said:

Sounds like he's here for life.

• 2 weeks later...
52 minutes ago, Reg Vardy said:

Dembele linked in the Mail....just saying

I had to go and look that up!

No link whatsoever - just a random, could a move to Leicester reignite his career article!

Id happily take him on the basis of talent but he does sound like a massive dick which is sad - needs the BR motivation treatment.