Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Twitter Transfer Rumours

41 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Something we have which we haven’t in the past is a manager that good players actually want to come and learn from and to play for ....

And in one of the best facilities in the world come the start of next season 

Edit: just noticed that had already been said! lol

Edited by North Leeds Fox

37 minutes ago, Vindaloo FOX said:

Plus now also a world class training complex.

36 minutes ago, North Leeds Fox said:

And in one of the best facilities in the world come the start of next season 

Edit: just noticed that had already been said! lol

the manager still counts for a lot when it comes to the best players in their age groups .... we are punching above our weight at seagrave to try and bridge the other gaps and the same applies to the manager ..... 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Foxy_Bear said:

Jesus..... Llanana, Gotze and Benkovic potentially in the same squad? I hope our physios are currently negotiating new deals. 

Made me laugh loud.

Also, I’d take Jesus is Man City are selling? X 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

Made me laugh loud.

Also, I’d take Jesus is Man City are selling? X 

I don't think I've ever got his fuching name right. He's the nemesis of my phones autocorrect. 

Appreciate the kiss though...

• Like 1

On 29/05/2020 at 15:17, urban.spaceman said:

Can’t imagine many clubs will be in for him. The poor lad got diagnosed with myopathy (some sort of rare muscular disorder) in 2017 which has resulted in a decline in his fitness and performance since. He’s only going to continue that trend. Such a shame as we all know how talented he was in his younger days. Mind you he’s still only 27. He does still get the odd game off the bench with Dortmund. Probably out of respect too as he came up through their youth academy. He’s a bit of a German Matty James now

Think Gotze is maybe a Tielemans style signing of like “oh yeah like 2/3 seasons ago people were raving, gone a bit quiet since”. Think he’d be decent on a free but don’t know how often he’d play with Maddison still about. In a DM deeper role perhaps as a Mendy replacement?

3 hours ago, 80footgiraffe said:

Think Gotze is maybe a Tielemans style signing of like “oh yeah like 2/3 seasons ago people were raving, gone a bit quiet since”. Think he’d be decent on a free but don’t know how often he’d play with Maddison still about. In a DM deeper role perhaps as a Mendy replacement?

Yeah a very similar situation, except Gotze's career hasn't just stalled, it's gone backwards. I think Leicester would be a superb move for him because he'd be forgiven having bad games, and would be playing for a young technical team that suits his style. I'm sure he can get more money elsewhere, but under Rodgers and in our team, he could reinvent himself whereas I think he will just end up continuing his slide into obscurity elsewhere. In fact I'd genuinely go as far as saying he needs us more than we need him! This is a player whose next move is pivotal to the rest of his career, and needs coaching support, a world class backroom team and the right type of football to thrive in. Maybe Arsenal under Arteta could also make sense for him, though I don't think they could play with someone like him due to their weak defence and lack of midfield steel.

We're going to be in Europe so we need strength in depth. Though TIelemans sometimes plays in Maddison's position, for the most part it seems to be that Praet and Tielemans compete for the deep-lying playmaker position, so having another option that can compete with Maddison makes sense. Lallana could also play that position which would explain why he's being linked too. Rodgers loves his technical players and Gotze is top drawer in that department. Until the recent emergence of Kai Havertz, he was considered the most technical player Germany had produced in several generations. 

Don't see him being a deep lying DM though! Hes' only ever played as the number 10 playmaker (he currently has the 10 shirt for Dortmund) or as a second withdrawn striker, such as when he bagged the winning goal in the 2014 World Cup Final. So I could see him as the furhest advanced central midfielder in our 4141 formation, as the 10 in a 442 Diamond, or even as a striker just off Vardy in the 442 Diamond that Nacho sometimes plays. He could probably also play as the right wide forward too in competition with Perez. 

I could definitely see it happening because Leicester won't go out and sign a proven big name player that is ready to make an instant impact because we don't have the cash or pulling power to do it (yet). Our "model" is to either sign someone with the potential to become a top player like Maddison, Soyuncu, etc, or take a risk and sign someone who was once thought of as a world beater, but is now overlooked. I'd have no idea if he'd be a good signing or not, but with Rodgers as coach and with the new training facilities, if there is a club that could revitalise him, we'd be high up the list.

Edited by StriderHiryu
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, 80footgiraffe said:

Definitely not a DM

7 hours ago, pmcla26 said:

It’s interesting you mention Arsenal, because I reckon Götze might be similar to Ozil if he was in Premier League - can turn it on and change a game once in a blue moon but a liability most of the time. 

He could turn out that way and I think if he goes to the wrong club that’s what will happen. But at the same time he went through the Dortmund gegenpressing system and played under Klopp. Despite his career perceived to be on the decline, he’s still hardworking and defends from the front. He’d work very well in a high pressing team such as ours. He’d also fit in well at Atalanta in Italy or conceivably for Milan as it seems like Ralf Ragnick will be in charge there next season. Arsenal are trying to shift that way too but have lots of problems to fix. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sdb said:

Gotze represents an expensive and totally unnecessary gamble. Hope the rumours are wide of the mark.

Hardly a gamble on a free, even on 100k a week for 2 years it would be cheaper then signing a Championship player.

We have a history of pick up players who club don't want them and turning them around Huth, Albrighton to name a few

• Like 4

3 hours ago, sdb said:

Gotze represents an expensive and totally unnecessary gamble. Hope the rumours are wide of the mark.

A gamble maybe, however it would be a free and let’s be honest he’s a World Cup winner with experience. Wouldn’t be a bad addition to the squad in my opinion. 

• Like 2