Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Twitter Transfer Rumours

3 hours ago, st albans fox said:

He got a big contract because his fee was so low .....I wonder what we will be prepared to pay him on a new deal and how long that might be ..... 

Would hope we could offer him a two year extension on the same money. He's already our player so not even a low transfer fee to pay this time.

3 hours ago, lcfcfosse said:

i know the guy who runs LCFCHQ, he started it as a troll account tweeting random rumours for a laugh but now he has thousands of followers he tweets semi serious rumours to seem “professional” but take it from me he really doesn’t have a clue lol 

who is it

10 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

Bit of a thick question here, what damage can leaks do? 

Alert other clubs to a potential deal. Cause the transfer to collapse. Some clubs like to do their business in complete discretion. Also could lead to said person losing their job. It had gotten to a stage they were leaking out fake stories on purpose so they could identify any moles in the camp. 

Until quite recently, new signings had Medicals at the training ground which is why it was so easy to get information. So many people there that could spot someone new and loosen their lips. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Bert said:

Alert other clubs to a potential deal. Cause the transfer to collapse. Some clubs like to do their business in complete discretion. Also could lead to said person losing their job. It had gotten to a stage they were leaking out fake stories on purpose so they could identify any moles in the camp. 

Until quite recently, new signings had Medicals at the training ground which is why it was so easy to get information. So many people there that could spot someone new and loosen their lips. 

There was a rumour that a club was pouncing on these targets because of how good our scouting was/is. I think it was Everton. Do you know anything about this? Do you know when these fake stories were being leaked?

• Sad 1

I had an absolutely excellent source which was via a good friend and someone I do a lot of business with who provides professional services to professional footballers. 

He is friendly as well as professionally involved with a number of Leicester players and has told me he gets absolutely no information from them now. He reckons it’s probably one of the best run clubs in that regards now - the players have clearly been very well drilled on their duties. 

Knew about James Justin signing from either the man himself or a friend of his but no leak from LCFC at all, and that was back then. 

He did tell me we were likely getting Ryan Bennett in before he joined on loan. 

Only adding this to confirm that where we were once a leaky sieve in terms of transfer goings on, it’s much more tightly controlled now and any rumours you do hear are just as likely to be smoke and mirrors. 

14 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

We had the team leaked hours before every single game last season, but cant get a crumb of transfer insight?! Madness.

There were concerted efforts from the club to find out the source of these links as hinted out elsewhere here and I’d imagine that it may not continue next season. 

22 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

We had the team leaked hours before every single game last season, but cant get a crumb of transfer insight?! Madness.

Lockdown has probably had an impact on that too. There are less folk in and around the place, less chance of leaks. 

3 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

They leaked the wrong team at one point and caught the culprit.

Out of pure interest - what does one have to gain from leaking things like the team? Credit with their mate, credit on the social media? Feeling a sense of having their own ego inflated by being oh so powerful?

2 minutes ago, Footballwipe said:

Out of pure interest - what does one have to gain from leaking things like the team? Credit with their mate, credit on the social media? Feeling a sense of having their own ego inflated by being oh so powerful?

Reckon you’ve hit the nail on the head there. 

I don’t anticipate it being an issue this coming season. 

5 minutes ago, Footballwipe said:

That’s a good point. External media with no affiliation to the club get extra clicks, advertising revenue etc. And when they’re correct, they’re seen as a valid source of information. I get that, unfortunately that’s the media for you. 

Edited by MrLuke

Apparently the club to keep an eye on is Villa where there is expected to be fairly major activity if they can get a few things over the line. One key move would trigger quite a number. 

I know no one is likely to care much but there we are. 

Transfers are also a lot more complicated than many people realise. It’s never done until it’s done and very often one deal hinges on another and that may then hinge on another. Players and clubs also change their minds more often than is acknowledged. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

Apparently the club to keep an eye on is Villa where there is expected to be fairly major activity if they can get a few things over the line. One key move would trigger quite a number. 

Transfers are also a lot more complicated than many people realise. It’s never done until it’s done and very often one deal hinges on another and that may then hinge on another. Players and clubs also change their minds more often than is acknowledged. 

Sounds like a chain when buying a house! 

49 minutes ago, Footballwipe said:

Some sort of kudos I guess. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

What, you mean it isn't dead simple and that? I thought it was like swapping Panini Stickers in the playground.

Got got got got got got got got got NOT GOT - NEED! 

Edited by HighPeakFox