Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Twitter Transfer Rumours

I get the feeling... we want to move on 2 or 3 before we sign 1... 

Then repeat, another 2 or 3 to sign 1... may not have been the case before but COVID has had an impact on even the biggest clubs. 

And of course this makes moving on our players even more difficult 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, lcfceaves said:

I get the feeling... we want to move on 2 or 3 before we sign 1... 

Then repeat, another 2 or 3 to sign 1... may not have been the case before but COVID has had an impact on even the biggest clubs. 

And of course this makes moving on our players even more difficult 

Except Chelsea....

23 minutes ago, Webbo said:

The Mail say we're looking at Ben Davis from Preston. CB who can play left back. 

Can't say I know how good he is, but I think a CB who can play LB would be a great addition at the moment. With all the injuries/suspensions in defence, a versatile player like this could be a big help tiding us over until Evans and Ricardo return. Useful when changing formation, as well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Raw Dykes said:

Can't say I know how good he is, but I think a CB who can play LB would be a great addition at the moment. With all the injuries/suspensions in defence, a versatile player like this could be a big help tiding us over until Evans and Ricardo return. Useful when changing formation, as well.

JJ played right back. He also played left-back earlier in the season. And, personally, I think he looked best as a right-sided CB towards the end of the season. Surely he could play left-sided CB, if that role is required? 

4 minutes ago, TrentFox said:

JJ played right back. He also played left-back earlier in the season. And, personally, I think he looked best as a right-sided CB towards the end of the season. Surely he could play left-sided CB, if that role is required? 

I agree - JJ's versatility is very useful. I was impressed with how well he filled in as part of a back 3. I'm not so sure about him as one of 2 CBs. It's quite a big difference, I think. Even Soyuncu struggled when we went to 3 at the back. I suppose it might be an option in a pinch, but he'll be needed on the right until Ricardo is back.

33 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

How has he got so many thinking he's real? Hats off to him for that

It is real, he is about have his Sunday Lunch

11 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

I agree - JJ's versatility is very useful. I was impressed with how well he filled in as part of a back 3. I'm not so sure about him as one of 2 CBs. It's quite a big difference, I think. Even Soyuncu struggled when we went to 3 at the back. I suppose it might be an option in a pinch, but he'll be needed on the right until Ricardo is back.

My apologies - was thinking of him as the left-side of a three. I didn’t explain that very well. I was assuming the Preston guy wouldn’t be part of a two, either. 

15 minutes ago, TrentFox said:

My apologies - was thinking of him as the left-side of a three. I didn’t explain that very well. I was assuming the Preston guy wouldn’t be part of a two, either. 

Ah, right you are. Yes, I agree. I think JJ could be a good option either side of the 3. I'd want a new CB ahead of him in the pecking order, but I think he's shown he is capable in that position. I don't know about the Preston fella.

6 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

Ah, right you are. Yes, I agree. I think JJ could be a good option either side of the 3. I'd want a new CB ahead of him in the pecking order, but I think he's shown he is capable in that position. I don't know about the Preston fella.

This is the response from Preston fans on their forum when they had a few rumours going around about him in July, doesn't fill me with much confidence that he would be able to step up to our level, probably more suited to a bottom half team

Davies.png

• Like 1

1 minute ago, moore_94 said:

This is the response from Preston fans on their forum when they had a few rumours going around about him in July, doesn't fill me with much confidence that he would be able to step up to our level, probably more suited to a bottom half team

Davies.png

Thanks. Seems like he could be a squad filler from that, but we could definitely use numbers right now. Currently, it's only really Soyuncu and Evans who we can count on to play regularly at CB. I think we probably need to try to sign 2 this window.